Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:26 am 

Another one where the gory details are all over Facebook before police are even informed, by the looks of it.

And now all over the Sun, but at least police are on the case :?

Glasgow mum’s warning after being sexually assaulted by taxi driver following night out

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/s ... xi-driver/

A GLASGOW mum has issued a warning to others after she was sexually assaulted by a taxi driver following a night out at the weekend.

The attack happened on McNair Street in the Shettleston area of the city on Saturday morning.

The woman, aged 22, was assaulted around 5.10am by a man who is understood to have been driving a black cab.

The mum is worried about someone else experiencing what she went through and took to social media to warn other women.

She told how she got in a black cab and during the ride home she realised she didn't have her bank card with her to pay her fare.

The woman said she asked the driver if she could go into her house and get another bank card, but when they arrived she couldn't find it.

She told the driver and suggested paying him by bank transfer, which he agreed to before offering her a can of beer.

Feeling "uncomfortable" at the offer, the woman told how she began voice recording the driver.

After telling him that she had transferred him the money, she said he asked her not to leave, before he grabbed her by the waist and began touching her leg and bum.

She said he then began kissing her neck, cheek and tried to kiss her mouth.

The woman got away from him and the driver followed her as she walked along Shettleston Road, but he drove off as she got to the police station.

In a post on Facebook, she wrote: "The more I’ve been thinking about it, the more worried I am that it could happen to someone else. On Friday night I was out town and went up to a black hack and asked the driver if he could take me home.

"I got in and while on the way home I realised I didn’t have my bank card, so I cancelled my card and advised the driver that if he took me home I could jump upstairs and get my Monzo card and use that to pay the fare. We got back to outside my house and he made me leave all my belongings while I went up to get the card.

"I couldn’t find it so went back down and got back in the taxi and suggested that I could bank transfer him the money. He got out the taxi and opened the passenger door and stood with his phone and gave me his details.

'PLEASE DON'T GET IN A TAXI YOURSELF'

"Next thing he asked if I wanted a drink and gave me a Heineken can from the front of the car. Immediately at this point I felt uncomfortable (what kind of taxi driver has alcohol just sitting in the front of his car?) so I actually started voice recording him on my phone (which has now been sent to the police).

"He was very persistent that I drank this can. Even though I was still sitting with the same can he was asking if I wanted more drink, even offered to go to Tesco to buy me more which I found very strange.

"As all this is going on, I’m transferring him the money and he was saying it wasn’t going through even though I had proof on my phone that I had sent it - clearly his way of delaying me from leaving. I got out of the taxi at this point and this is when he thought it was appropriate to grab me round my waist, pulling me closer, was touching up and down my leg and my bum.

"He was telling me he didn’t want to leave me and that I was very lovely. He then proceeded to start kissing my neck, my cheek and tried to turn his head to kiss my mouth.

"I walked away but didn’t go to my flat incase he followed behind so I instead walked down Shettleston road to which he got in his taxi and followed me all the way down to the police station which is when he disappeared.

"Obviously the reason I’ve posted this is to just show that these things can happen even though you think it’ll never happen to you. You think black hacks are the safest form of transport when on a night out - but this just proves that wrong."

She added: "Would advise any girl out town or anywhere for that matter to please please not get in a taxi yourself because I know I’ll never be making that mistake again. Police have been great with dealing with this so far and just hoping they find out who the rat is soon because I doubt I’m the first or last girl he’s tried this with."

Police confirmed enquiries into the assault are ongoing and officers are following a number of lines of enquiry.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Around 5.10am on Saturday, 25 September, officers received a report of a 22-year-old woman sexually assaulted on McNair Street, Shettleston.

"Police enquiries are ongoing and officers are following a number of lines of enquiry.”

The Scottish Sun has approached Glasgow Taxis for comment.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:27 pm 

Shouldn't be that hard to find the driver, as there is a voice recording and one would assume his bank details to boot.

That said it would be very interesting to hear the driver give his side of the story.

But going to social media before going to the police doesn't fit right for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:27 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I think she is trying to create a false trail of evidence or this a clumsy attempt at revenge because he wouldn't let her have a free ride home :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:36 pm 

Think this is a fairy story.

I cancelled my card when I realised I did not have it with me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:47 pm 

Should be easy enough to find, whatever the truth is, if she did pay him by bank transfer.