Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:37 am 

Sounds OK in theory, but I wouldn't like to be the one who decides who genuinely gets priority, and who doesn't :?

Weston taxi firm introduces 'Sarah Everard policy' to keep customers safe at night

https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/news ... cy-8378584

A Weston taxi firm has introduced a 'Sarah Everard policy' to keep people safe at night.

All The Twos Taxis has introduced the policy following the sentencing of Ms Everard's killer.

The taxi firm's spokesman said: "With taxi's being busier than ever, a lot of people have taken to walking home late at night.

"Our policy allows any person who feels they may be in danger to ring or message 01934 222222 to ask for help. Priority will be given and we will do my best to ensure we get to you.

"If you're unable to explain, please ask 'any chance of being picked up before daylight' as code when booking. If you are walking home because you simply can't afford a taxi, please still get in touch, getting you home safe is our number one priority and payments can be arranged at a later date.

"This policy is in place to ensure that what happened to Sarah doesn't happen to any of you, and is absolutely not to be abused to simply skip the queue, this will result in a straight lifetime ban. Thank you and stay safe."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:37 am 

Quote:
"This policy is in place to ensure that what happened to Sarah doesn't happen to any of you, and is absolutely not to be abused to simply skip the queue, this will result in a straight lifetime ban."

Suspect he'll be handing out a few lifetime bans. On the other hand, I suspect he won't :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:50 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
this is going to get abused on a busy night they are going to get loads of calls from customers claiming they feel unsafe when in reality they are just trying to jump the queue

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:54 pm 

Quote:
Our policy allows any person who feels they may be in danger to ring or message 01934 222222 to ask for help.

The cynic in me would say this is a marketing ploy on the back of a very sad murder of an innocent lady.

People in trouble or danger should ring the police, not a taxi firm. [-X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:24 pm 

Sussex wrote:
The cynic in me would say this is a marketing ploy on the back of a very sad murder of an innocent lady.

There's often a thin line between marketing and cynical exploitation, and I'm not sure what side of the line this one is on, but I suppose it depends on what precisely the firm's motivation is, but that's nigh near impossible to work out.

But, as Edders says, in turn it's bound to be exploited by customers, and I wonder if it might misfire, if lots of people are asking for priority, and he can't prioritise them all, and has to knock back those he thinks are exploiting it. And of course those who don't feel they're in particular danger or don't want to feel they're jumping the queue end up waiting considerably longer :?