Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:33 pm 

Skull wrote:
Torncasualty Wrote:

Quote:
Remember the BAA private monopoly - AKA license to print money - was given by those bastions of the free market economy - the Tories. That government took the money, and now we all have to pay........

There is noting stopping the taxi trade withdrawing their services until BAA are prepared to pay the Cabby for picking up.

It cuts both ways imagine an Airport full of angry customers wanting taxis. How long do you think it would be before BAA let taxis pick up for free?

Your right a free market economy does work.

Muppets like Jim Muldoon and Murray Fleming are leading the trade up it's onw ar**hole. :roll:

What was it Jim said something about the council putting on more buses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a great way to protect your market.

It was precisely because the airport was regularly full of angry customers that the current rank was introduced.

As for trade getting together and ignoring the airport. The taxi trade refusing to work the airport would be an open goal for the PHC to move in, and once in, getting them back out again would be damn difficult.

You are a prime example of someone who will never do anything collectively - you positively revel in rebelling against any type of authority. There are times when rebelling is the thing to do, but leaving the airport to the PH - talk about shooting yourself in the foot, anyone would think you were getting backhanders to troublemake from the PH. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Damascus Moments - easy excuses for a sociopath

TDO the website of double standards and changing identities

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:53 pm 

TornCasualty wrote:
Skull wrote:
Torncasualty Wrote:

Quote:
Remember the BAA private monopoly - AKA license to print money - was given by those bastions of the free market economy - the Tories. That government took the money, and now we all have to pay........

There is noting stopping the taxi trade withdrawing their services until BAA are prepared to pay the Cabby for picking up.

It cuts both ways imagine an Airport full of angry customers wanting taxis. How long do you think it would be before BAA let taxis pick up for free?

Your right a free market economy does work.

Muppets like Jim Muldoon and Murray Fleming are leading the trade up it's onw ar**hole. :roll:

What was it Jim said something about the council putting on more buses :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a great way to protect your market.

It was precisely because the airport was regularly full of angry customers that the current rank was introduced.

As for trade getting together and ignoring the airport. The taxi trade refusing to work the airport would be an open goal for the PHC to move in, and once in, getting them back out again would be damn difficult.

You are a prime example of someone who will never do anything collectively - you positively revel in rebelling against any type of authority. There are times when rebelling is the thing to do, but leaving the airport to the PH - talk about shooting yourself in the foot, anyone would think you were getting backhanders to troublemake from the PH. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

comments like that suggest a certain arrogance, what for, TBH the public would often rather travel in a nice new clean car, with clean helpfull driver, and at a reasonable cost, funnily enough in Glasgow and Edinburgh the only way they can get this is with PH mostly, so perhaps "the *ahem* Elite" ought to stop blaming others, their arrogant attitude, moaning perception of life, and their willingness to hang onto draconain victorian market dynamics, are whats killing your trade, not the PH who are only filling the gap ask any passenger and they can see no distinction other than Haxks are old smelly rattly bangers with grumpy drivers and exhorbitant fares, if I had a taxi plate, i'd be selling quick sweet, dinosaurs died out, so will hacks monopoly on passengers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:38 pm 

TornCausalty Wrote:

Quote:

Absolute bollix BAA don’t give a shi* about angry customers they’ve been denying them a service and selling them on through restrictive practices for years. It was the constant conflict between the Airport Taxis and the Hacks that brought on this change nothing else. It wouldn’t surprise me if the rank at the airport was in someway forced upon them.

Quote:

I’ve got news for you TornCasualty and it’s all bad. The Ph already have moved in it’s called Delgro/ ComCab and the only reason the hacks are still picking up is because ComCab is not up to sufficient strength to provide a dedicated service.

The Hacks have let the Ph fleet expand to more than double its size and is now major competitor and a growth industry to major players like Delgro. The Hacks are little more than the councils pet poodle.

Quote:
You are a prime example of someone who will never do anything collectively

I was at the forefront of a demonstration a number of years ago. What should have amounted to hundreds of taxis ended up with about 70 simply because of guys like you who expect others to do their fighting and pretend nothing is happening until its too late?

Quote:
you positively revel in rebelling against any type of authority. There are times when rebelling is the thing to do, but leaving the airport to the PH - talk about shooting yourself in the foot, anyone would think you were getting backhanders to troublemake from the PH.

No I revel in the fact that all this was said years ago and now the trade is fast going down the pan and they still do nothing.

You ask anyone who knows me TC this was all predicted years ago and now its happening and they still don't believe it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You know there is a certian satisfaction in having the last laugh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:24 am 

Skull wrote

Quote:
I was at the forefront of a demonstration a number of years ago. What should have amounted to hundreds of taxis ended up with about 70 simply because of guys like you who expect others to do their fighting and pretend nothing is happening until its too late?

That demonstration you talk about, wouldn't happen to be the one you denied having anything to do with when I asked the question on a previous topic ?

The demonstration against more free plates coming on ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:25 am 

Ross wrote:
Skull wrote

Quote:

That demonstration you talk about, wouldn't happen to be the one you denied having anything to do with when I asked the question on a previous topic ?

The demonstration against more free plates coming on ?

It was at the airport dummy and nothing to do with free plates coming on.

The demonstration you allude to was organised by Alec Graham plates were still non-transferable. Plates had no value and drivers had an abundance of shifts part-time and full-time. It wasn't till a few years later the council granted transferability.

Ross do you ever take a night off from being a complete pric*, you really think I would give a shi** either way? Your beloved taxi trade is going down the pan. Just wait till this time next year then we will see who was right and who was wrong.

Know this Ross you lot had your chance, now I just want to see you burn that way I will have the satisfaction of saying “I told you so”. My only regret is it's not me striking the match.

Remember the ‘Fair View News Letter’ it was all in there, what was predicted is happening even faster than we thought.

Have a wee look at Stu's post 26.8% 'O' sort of taxi manager ars* licking wast of valuable space. Where is all the work going Ross you know the work you pay a rental for.

Just remember, Taylor, Thomson and Turnbull told you first. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:32 pm 

It seems to me the current situation at the airport is a tinder box waiting to explode, I witnessed an altercation this morning between a cab driver and one of those "flying scot" shuttle bus drivers.
The agression showed by the shuttle bus driver and abuse he shouted at the cab driver was atrocious, all this in front of his bus full of passengers suggests they are acting with impunity out there and fuels the theory that has been suggested here that the airport authority is ocherstrating the end of the public rank at the airport.
It was to his credit the cab driver did not react to this provocation and I believe when he complained to a "marsall" he was told just to "leave it" :shock: (if your reading this "cab driver" and need a witness pm me).

Maybe, just maybe it was us, or dare I say it "some" of us that have caused this situation where we are seen as public enemy number one at the airport by other service providers out there and maybe its time we just played by the rules and got on with the job, yes, the system is not perfect but we are not going to help our cause by flouting the rules.

Jack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:09 am 

jackcab wrote:
the theory that has been suggested here that the airport authority is ocherstrating the end of the public rank at the airport.

jackcab trust me when i say that they were just waiting for the new drop off point to be finished b4 they had a shot at you boys.
i was told about a month b4 it started to happen and thats not from anyone in the trade and with comcab having paid for the airport rank behind that nice wooden fence and the desk inside at the arivals area you can bet they dont want you there just give it time and your rank will turn in to drop off point for the airport parking buses thats my guess anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:43 pm 

skull wrote

Quote:
It was at the airport dummy and nothing to do with free plates coming on.

What Airport demonstration and when ?

Quote:
The demonstration you allude to was organised by Alec Graham plates were still non-transferable. Plates had no value and drivers had an abundance of shifts part-time and full-time. It wasn't till a few years later the council granted transferability.

So in your eye's it was all right to demonstrate then against free plate's coming on (and they did have a value then through a legal loophole)
But now you object to any opposition against the issue of more free plates, or should I say permits to become council employees.

Quote:
Have a wee look at Stu's post 26.8% 'O' sort of taxi manager ars* licking wast of valuable space. Where is all the work going Ross you know the work you pay a rental for.

Strange one ! I am at present up on last years ,and the year before that, the only differance is I am working less hours. Explain that one dummy.
Anyone who has worked long enough in this trade know that incomes go up and down according to the economic climate. when the economic climate is good and the public aren't frightened to spend money our incomes increase dramatically, this is where the mistakes are made (in my opinion). The " I am earning more money so I can buy a bigger house" mentality sets in. Thats all great until the climate changes and the earnings drop, now the mortgage payments start eating up money used elsewhere. you have to work longer hours. You are living well above your means. This happens in all walks of life, and is specialy hard felt by people who are self employed.
The biggest complainers are those who (in my opinion) fall into the category above.

If you where an employee of a company, and their profits where to drop, who are the first to be laid off?
At least being self employed you can hang on till things start picking up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:18 pm 

Ross Wrote:

Quote:
What Airport demonstration and when ?

Edinburgh Airport years ago and no I can’t remember exactly and no I don’t give a sh**

Quote:
So in your eye's it was all right to demonstrate then against free plate's coming on (and they did have a value then through a legal loophole)

Absolute Pi**

Quote:
But now you object to any opposition against the issue of more free plates, or should I say permits to become council employees.

I don’t care whether you oppose the issue of plates or not what I am say is if you don’t increase your market share then the Ph will be glad to take up the slack as they already have.

Quote:
Strange one ! I am at present up on last years ,and the year before that, the only differance is I am working less hours. Explain that one dummy.

Apart from the fmentally ill I couldn’t explain that one on my best day. Why don’t you ask Stu? I know a couple of guys whose figures back up everything he says although you are the nutty exception? There’s always one as they say.

Quote:
Anyone who has worked long enough in this trade know that incomes go up and down according to the economic climate. when the economic climate is good and the public aren't frightened to spend money our incomes increase dramatically, this is where the mistakes are made (in my opinion). The " I am earning more money so I can buy a bigger house" mentality sets in. Thats all great until the climate changes and the earnings drop, now the mortgage payments start eating up money used elsewhere. you have to work longer hours. You are living well above your means. This happens in all walks of life, and is specialy hard felt by people who are self employed.
The biggest complainers are those who (in my opinion) fall into the category above.

Quote:
If you where an employee of a company, and their profits where to drop, who are the first to be laid off?
At least being self employed you can hang on till things start picking up.

Ross you are as nutty as a fruit cake you are so far detached from reality you waffle nonsense to make it the way you want.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:14 pm 

skull wrote

Quote:
Edinburgh Airport years ago and no I can’t remember exactly and no I don’t give a sh**

You mean your talking sh*t

Quote:

Absolute Pi**

Are you sure of that ?

Quote:
Apart from the fmentally ill I couldn’t explain that one on my best day. Why don’t you ask Stu? I know a couple of guys whose figures back up everything he says although you are the nutty exception? There’s always one as they say.

A couple of guy's out of more than 3'000 drivers. How many do you know who's figures say different?. Then again you would conveniently disreguard their figures as it would not suit your arguement.

Mentally ill ! Who me ! never

Quote:
Ross you are as nutty as a fruit cake you are so far detached from reality you waffle nonsense to make it the way you want.

No Garry, I make it the way you don't like.
keep taking those bitter pills

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:35 pm 

I would not get to hung up about that figure, it was in response to Bob Dewar saying that Cabs were only working for about 50% of the time on the dayshift and it was only one night out of 365, but never the less Ross even on a Saturday night it is harder to make the same money that I used to make, in fact I very rarely make the same as I used to make, maybe thats just me but I doubt it?

I suspect that this recent quiet spell is due in no large part to the end of the university term, at least on the nightshift, dont get me wrong it's not as if I am suffering any great hardship, it's just that it is starting to look like a trend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:37 pm 

stu wrote

Quote:
I would not get to hung up about that figure, it was in response to Bob Dewar saying that Cabs were only working for about 50% of the time on the dayshift and it was only one night out of 365, but never the less Ross even on a Saturday night it is harder to make the same money that I used to make, in fact I very rarely make the same as I used to make, maybe thats just me but I doubt it?

I suspect that this recent quiet spell is due in no large part to the end of the university term, at least on the nightshift, dont get me wrong it's not as if I am suffering any great hardship, it's just that it is starting to look like a trend?

As I said before stu, this trade is all about ups and downs, swings and roundabouts.
Comcab drivers on the dayshift are boasting an increase in income, where as central/city are the opposite. 2 yrs ago comcab drivers where whinging at the lack of work.
I used to sit on ranks all the time waiting for the work to come to me. Now 90% of the time I will pass a rank and go looking for work. This has led to an increase in income, and less hours. This is all based on me being in a radio company and working dayshift, and of course not looking to make £200 + a shift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:02 pm 

Stu Wrote:

Quote:
I suspect that this recent quiet spell is due in no large part to the end of the university term, at least on the nightshift

What you mean like in every-other year and you think it's starting to look like a trend :lol: I would say so. ImageI take it "the end of the university term" happened in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
dont get me wrong it's not as if I am suffering any great hardship, it's just that it is starting to look like a trend?

I know Stu you just thought you would bring it up for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Image Image

You got it right Stu and now you are backtracking because of loopy Ross :lol: :lol: :lol: Image

Here's the bad news nut-jobs it's no secret everyone knows the trade is losing work hand over fist Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:45 pm 

skull wrote

Quote:
loopy Ross

Quote:
nut-jobs

Quote:
nutty as a fruit cake

Is that the best you can do ?

Try picking something from this lot

Acute stress disorder | Adjustment disorder | Agoraphobia | alcohol and substance abuse | alcohol and substance dependence | Amnesia | Anxiety disorder | Anorexia nervosa | Antisocial personality disorder | Asperger's syndrome | Attention deficit disorder | Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder | Autism | Avoidant personality disorder | Bereavement | Bibliomania | Binge eating disorder | Bipolar disorder | Body dysmorphic disorder | Borderline personality disorder | Brief psychotic disorder | Bulimia nervosa | Circadian rhythm sleep disorder | Conduct disorder | Conversion disorder | Cyclothymia | Delusional disorder | Dependent personality disorder | Depersonalization disorder | Depression | Disorder of written expression | Dissociative fugue | Dissociative identity disorder | Dyspareunia | Dysthymic disorder | Encopresis | Enuresis | Exhibitionism | Expressive language disorder | Female and male orgasmic disorders | Female sexual arousal disorder | Fetishism | Folie à deux | Frotteurism | Ganser syndrome | Gender identity disorder | Generalized anxiety disorder | General adaptation syndrome | Histrionic personality disorder | Hyperactivity disorder | Primary hypersomnia | Hypoactive sexual desire disorder | Hypochondriasis | Hyperkinetic syndrome | Hysteria | Intermittent explosive disorder | Joubert syndrome | Kleptomania | Down syndrome | Mania | Male erectile disorder | Munchausen syndrome | Mathematics disorder | Narcissistic personality disorder | Narcolepsy | Nightmare disorder | Obsessive-compulsive disorder | Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder | Oneirophrenia | Oppositional defiant disorder | Pain disorder | Panic attacks | Panic disorder | Paranoid personality disorder | Pathological gambling | Pervasive Developmental Disorder | Pica | Post-traumatic stress disorder | Premature ejaculation | | Primary insomnia | Psychotic disorder | Pyromania | Reading disorder | Retts disorder | Rumination disorder | Schizoaffective disorder | Schizoid personality disorder | Schizophrenia | Schizophreniform disorder | | Schizotypal personality disorder | Seasonal affective disorder | Separation anxiety disorder | Sexual Masochism and Sadism | Shared psychotic disorder | Sleep disorder | Sleep terror disorder | Sleepwalking disorder | Social phobia | Somatization disorder | | Specific phobias | Stereotypic movement disorder | Stuttering | Tourette syndrome | Transient tic disorder | Transvestic Fetishism | Trichotillomania | Vaginismus

I am sure you would come under one of these, maybe more.
My bet its social phobia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:14 pm 

Ross Wrote:

Quote:
Is that the best you can do ?

I'm not even trying Ross :lol: there's no need you and your lunatic mate do it all for me :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next