Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:11 pm 

This isn't directly job, but when I read things like this makes me wonder if the fact that the victim was a taxi driver is maybe a factor in this kind of thing, or maybe I'm just being paranoid 8-[

Photos are a bit big for on here, but the links are included, but not really much to see :?

Taxi driver brutally attacked after tutting at neighbour’s bad parking

https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-con ... 09x564.jpg
Image: Press & Journal

An Aberdeen taxi driver has had to give up work after a vicious attack by his neighbour over a parking space.

Jamie Stroud, 30, left his victim with a bleed on the brain after the sustained assault outside his home.

Aberdeen Sheriff Court heard the attack, in Aberdeen’s Larch Road, also happened in full view of the victim’s nine-year-old son.

Fiscal depute Carol Gammie told the court that an ongoing dispute over parking on the street came to a head on August 21 last year.

“The complainer and his son were playing football in the front garden when he saw the accused parallel park in very close proximity to his car, leaving very little space between the two vehicles,” she said.

“He shook his head at the accused and this led to a heated exchange between the two men.

Repeatedly punched on the head

“Suddenly, the accused stormed towards the complainer and kicked him with his left leg, causing him to stumble backwards, fall and strike his head on the ground.

“The accused continued his assault by punching the complainer repeatedly on the head and face.

“CCTV showed the complainer’s son watching the accused assault his father as he lay on the ground.”

Stroud’s victim went to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary later that night due to swelling that had developed on his head.

He underwent a CT scan before doctors informed him he had suffered a bleed to the left side of his brain.

The court was told he left the hospital that night but had to return the following day due to suffering headaches, numbness to the left side of his body and slurred speech.

As a result of the incident Stroud’s victim has had to give up his work as a taxi driver, which the court heard had “severely restricted his income and ability to support himself and his son”.

Stroud, who the court heard suffers from autism and ADHD, pleaded guilty to one charge of assault by kicking his victim and punching him to the head.

‘It’s really affected my son’

Speaking after the court case, Stroud’s victim said the attack has had a significant impact on his family.

“It’s the emotional side of it for my family that has been the worst,” he said.

“My son was there when it was happening and it’s really affected him. I’ve also got anxiety as he lives right across the road from me.”

The former taxi driver added that Stroud has never apologised for the assault.

Defence agent John McLeod called for the court to carry out background reports on his client.

Sheriff Morag McLaughlin deferred sentence on Stroud, of Larch Road, Aberdeen, in order for a criminal justice social work report and a restriction of liberty order to be carried out.

https://wpcluster.dctdigital.com/wp-con ... 5x1152.jpg
Image: Press & Journal