Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: TaxiNumber.com
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:41 pm 

Hello guys...
This is just a quick post to say that our new site launched this weekend and in a shameless self promotion exercise, I wanted to let as many people know about it as possible. It's www.taxinumber.com
It's free to register and list so anyone that takes telephone bookings, get yourselves on there!
We welcome any feedback or suggestions you might want to give.

Regards
Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 pm 

Hello again :D

Lot's of people are looking at the site, which is great, but not many of you are registering... Is there a reason for that?

We launched our Google campaigns on Tuesday to start driving the public to the site, but without you guys registering and adding your facilities, we are no different to the phone book. We are trying to provide an alternative to the very expensive fees charged by the big directories and whilst we can buy the public audience, we can not force you guys to register... Is there a reason for the low signup rate that we don't know about? Please someone help me understand :?:

To give you an idea of the popularity of the site already (please bare in mind it only switched on on Saturday) I've put a copy of our site stats below...

Regards
Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:56 pm 

Come on guy's get your company registered for free I have, and I have had 5 calls today so far, only signed up yesterday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:47 pm 

Perhaps an explanation of how it works and costs involved may attract a few more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:33 pm 

OK, fair point....

Basically it is an online directory for taxi companies a lot like that big yellow book we all rely on. The public can go online and find taxi numbers in their area. The major difference is that rather than charging the taxi companies to advertise what facilities they offer which off hand would cost £160-340 elsewhere, we allow that for free. So what size vehicles you have, whether they are air-con'd, whether you accept credit cards, business accounts etc.

Why would we?
===========
We spent the last 12 months trialing a "Text Taxi" service in Cheshire, which worked really well, but the costs of the posters, distribution & maintenance outweighed the gain, so we had to think of another way of getting our information infront of the public on mass, no better way to do that than over the web, if we could create a website that is feature rich, content full and easy to use, it will be popular, with the right advertising campaigns, and therefore we can use this as a platform to promote our TT service, which is exactly what we are doing. So rather than charging you guys, we're giving you the opportunity to advertise it for free. And to promote our facility we have over 10'000 keyword phrases, over 5'000 creatives covering every area where we currently have companies details.

There are areas where you can spend money if you would like to:
==============================================
If you wish to promote a website it will cost you £40, this also get's you a higher rank than the free listings. If your gonna lower my page rank with outgoing links, your gonna pay me for that one :D
If you don't have a website & want one, we will create you one from our template for £49 inc domain & hosting for the 1st year and £30/yr thereafter. See www.sampletaxi.co.uk for an example.
The website priced to cover costs nothing more, again, no con... but you'll notice if you look at the sample site above it has a link back to our site at the bottom, this method of "back linking" will assist us in gaining page rank. So you get a cheap website, we get a relevant back link.

I've said far too much... and I'd like this post to destruct after being read (if possible site admin :wink: ). But that, in as brief a way as is possible, is that. If this leaves more questions than answers, I apologise.

Regards
Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:38 pm 

PeteG wrote:
Lot's of people are looking at the site, which is great, but not many of you are registering... Is there a reason for that?

Apathy. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:54 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Oh dear Sussex :-({|=

There is help out there for that! Click Here. I especially like the tag line!

"Because waking up is hard to do..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 am 

PeteG wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Oh dear Sussex :-({|=

There is help out there for that! Click Here. I especially like the tag line!

"Because waking up is hard to do..."

If only you knew the animal you are dealing with, Sussex is spot on. I would go even further and say its a bit like religious dogma V's Darwin's Evolution of the Species only taxis and taxi drivers were here first. :roll:

You will be burned at the stake for heresy my good man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:19 am 

I think most drivers used to be apathetic, now they're just not that bothered. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:20 am 

OK, so it's an old one. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:30 am 

Oops...
I mistook Sussex's comments for sarcasm, clearly not the case. No dig intended, but if you can't have a laugh what's the point. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:33 pm 

PeteG wrote:
I mistook Sussex's comments for sarcasm, clearly not the case.

No it was an honest assessment, and as by saying that I've used my year's worth of honesty, I best go and sit down. :wink: