Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:11 pm 

Again, could witter on for a few thousand words about the likes of this stuff, but will keep it as brief as possible.

But this is former Scotland's justice secretary, and thus ultimately in charge of Scotland's taxi licensing :-o

(When Humza held the same position he was also done for an insurance offence.)

And, of course, we all make mistakes, and there are bigger crimes around, but can you imagine how the council would react if someone like me did this?

SNP deputy leader Keith Brown blasted for driving a car without an MOT months after car tax faux pas

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/ ... n-32513422

Exclusive: The veteran Nationalist, and former Scottish justice secretary, was spotted out and about in his Volkswagen Passat which was not legally allowed on the road.

And, ironically, it's a Passat he's driving, and even older than the Passat I've just had to get rid of for in my opinion an inferior vehicle for taxiing and, of course, a shedload of debt to be repaid to boot :cry:

And why's he driving a 2011 Passat anyway? His wife's also a goverment minister, so between the two of them must be pullling in a quarter of a million in salaries, not to mention thousands in expenses for stuff us plebs have to pay for out of our own pockets.

But, of course, although his 2011 diesel Passat isn't LEZ-compliant, when government ministers do need to go into LEZ areas they'll be chauffeured there in their taxpayer-funded Teslas :roll:

(And that's the short version...)