Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/24233642.women-warned-rogue-taxi-drivers-offering-free-rides-stations/

Lone women catching trains from Trowbridge Railway Station are being warned to beware of ‘rogue’ taxi drivers offering them a free ride.

Wiltshire Police and British Transport Police have launched an investigation after the issue was flagged by an anonymous rail passenger.

Wiltshire Council is also checking its licensed taxi drivers to highlight the issue after the female passenger raised it on local social media.

The woman said: “I was at the train station in Trowbridge. I’m a female and there was a young girl opposite me.

“Three different taxi men, all in the space of 10 minutes, came to us, no one else, and told us all trains were cancelled. They are offering free taxis please come with them.

“We said the train is in ten minutes we’re okay thank you but they were persistent with us getting in the taxi. Which we did not and to no surprise the train turned up.

“I just wanted to post this in case anyone’s young children are travelling via train just to beware as it was a bit strange.

“Luckily the young girl who was sat there alone too she got on the same train as me so everyone is safe.”

The taxi rank at Trowbridge Railway Station. Image: Trevor Porter 76938 (Image: Trevor Porter)

The issue is particularly concerning because Great Western Railway and South Western Railway have warned some services this weekend will be affected by industrial action.

An overtime ban by the ASLEF trade union will affect rail services on Friday April 5, Saturday April 6, Monday April 8 and Tuesday April 9.

The Wiltshire Times has raised the issue with Wiltshire Police, the British Transport Police and Wiltshire Council who are all treating it very seriously.

Wiltshire Police said they would forward the details to their intelligence department and local Neighbourhood Police team.

British Transport Police said nothing has been reported to them in the past 48 hours.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:53 pm 

Do women really need to be warned not to get into a so-called taxi that's offering free rides?

Are some really that f***ing thick?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:37 am 

Sussex wrote:
Do women really need to be warned not to get into a so-called taxi that's offering free rides?

Are some really that f***ing thick?

Unfortunately yes.