Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:36 am 

Well that's him telt, as we might say up here :roll:

Bacup: Taxi driver assaulted and vehicle damaged

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/n ... e-damaged/

British Transport Police officers attended an address in Bacup and arrested a 19-year-old man.

He was wanted in connection to criminal damage to a taxi and an assault on the driver.

The teen admitted to the assault in an interview and he liaised with the victim. He will be given a conditional caution.

“Officers from Lancaster attended an address in Bacup and arrested a 19-year-old male who was wanted for criminal damage to a taxi and an assault on the driver.

“Following a full admission in interview, and after liaising with the victim, he will be given a conditional caution.”

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 9:37 am 

Could well be this case a couple of months ago, which was also British Transport Police, it involved damage to the taxi and an assault. Bacup is 50 miles from where the incident took place, but he was at a train station, and by UK standards it's really in the same neck of the woods. And the chap in the photos could certainly be 19-year-old, so I'd guess it's the same incident:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40178

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:06 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
StuartW wrote:
Could well be this case a couple of months ago, which was also British Transport Police, it involved damage to the taxi and an assault. Bacup is 50 miles from where the incident took place, but he was at a train station, and by UK standards it's really in the same neck of the woods. And the chap in the photos could certainly be 19-year-old, so I'd guess it's the same incident:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=40178

[-X [-X [-X

the same neck of the woods means local Bacup is nowhere near lancaster (nor does it have a train station) it's like saying me and Jimbo live round the corner from one another when in actual fact I'm nearer to leicester or Nottingham :roll:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:36 pm 

Maybe 'same neck of the woods' is a tad exaggerated, but as per earlier, I said that in the context of the *UK*, and the likelihood that it could be the same scrote in the photos from January. And the incident in January took place in Lancaster, and the individual resides in Bacup, which are both in Lancashire. So, er, not a million miles away in the UK context.

No, Bacup doesn't have a rail station, but no doubt that doesn't stop residents from going elsewhere to catch a train, and because it was *British Transport Police* who visited him in Bacup then the incident must have been related to the railway network...

Which links back to the incident at Lancaster train station, and the taxi - maybe he was trying to get a cab back to Bacup...or maybe he'd just arrived at the station, as couldn't get a cab, hence he kicked off when the driver said he was pre-booked. So in view of all that, and the fact that incidents involving taxis and BTP are pretty rarely reported, his age and the timescale, that's why I thought it was the person involved in the Lancaster incident.

Could be totally wrong, of course 8-[