Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Taxi tsar
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:04 am 

I'm surprised there hasn't been much said about having a taxi tsar.

Would this and national standards be a good idea, and should licensing be taken from councils??

Dusty :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:48 am 

I believe that national standards are the way forward, provided they are stringent enough, and enforced properly.

If someone needs to be top of the tree, to cut out years of pointless bureaucracy, then a Tsar could be a bonus.

As long as he has nothing in his/her past connected to a union, I'll give it a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:49 am 
Sussex Man wrote:
I believe that national standards are the way forward, provided they are stringent enough, and enforced properly.

If someone needs to be top of the tree, to cut out years of pointless bureaucracy, then a Tsar could be a bonus.

As long as he has nothing in his/her past connected to a union, I'll give it a go.
+

so you are ruling me out of the job eh Andy?

frankly you cannot rule people out like that! having said that I know what you are trying to say.

frankly a tsar for our industry, would not work uless it was Maurice

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:55 pm 
Hey Warfie you and Claude should get a room.

Suspect Man for the TSAR, thats where my vote would go, equality personified, if it ever reached that stage.

BTW I'd vote and then go straight to the job centre to sign on.

National Standards is what you want is it, you hate unions do you, it just shows the measure of you, you burke, the Transport and General Workers Union have been calling for a National Cab Act for the past few years yet becuase they will look to bring in legislation for the benefit of the majority and will not promise YOU a plate you don't want to know.

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:12 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:
Hey Warfie you and Claude should get a room.

Suspect Man for the TSAR, thats where my vote would go, equality personified, if it ever reached that stage.

National Standards is what you want is it, you hate unions do you, it just shows the measure of you, you burke, the Transport and General Workers Union have been calling for a National Cab Act for the past few years yet becuase they will look to bring in legislation for the benefit of the majority and will not promise YOU a plate you don't want to know.

Mick you addressed this to Maurice and Myself,
therefore your implication that I hate unions is rather wide of the mark! I dont have to belong to one but I do, and I have led a branch of one, unlike you I dont wear it on my sleave like a swastika. and I think you promote a very poor view of unions

as for National standards they dont exist, in any branch of law and government London is always excluded. however if a national cab act came to the fore you for one would resign saying it would not work in Gateshead

next you called someone a burk not sure who as you got it wrong anyway, but Mick that is abuse and if it happened on your site you would be jumping up and down.

as far as behaviour goes yours is bad, you behave terribly on other peoples sites, double standards.

now Mick show leadership skills

and if you want a national cab act sell it properly and stop behaving as the banner itself is the solution we need convincing! where however there is law you disregard it asking your council to break laws, national cab act would be treat no differently by you.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:18 pm 
Howay Man Warfie, sort yourself out man. Apply your own twisted logic and stop questioning others.

I have a surprise for you anyway.

BTW your buddy is refered to as Claude on here, naming names again, although the burke statement wasn't originally directed at you it could easily apply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:06 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:
Howay Man Warfie, sort yourself out man. Apply your own twisted logic and stop questioning others.

BTW your buddy is refered to as Claude on here, naming names again, although the burke statement wasn't originally directed at you it could easily apply.

no suprise Mick, nothing you do is a suprise.

if you cannot win an argument bar him!

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:41 pm 
I don't need to win any arguments with insignifigant people like you Geoff mate, no need at all.

Every argument and winging statement you will make about me have allready been made by you chum Maurice, equally insignifigant.

If you could get together without you disappearing up his arse for long enough maybe you two could start your own site and show us how to do it, seen as we have all made such a pigs ear of it.

I'm waiting for all the abuse you will send my way but I will give you fair warning, it will be met with more.

B. lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:53 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:
I don't need to win any arguments with insignifigant people like you Geoff mate, no need at all.

Every argument and winging statement you will make about me have allready been made by you chum Maurice, equally insignifigant.

If you could get together without you disappearing up his arse for long enough maybe you two could start your own site and show us how to do it, seen as we have all made such a pigs ear of it.

I'm waiting for all the abuse you will send my way but I will give you fair warning, it will be met with more.

Abuse?

you call giving facts abuse give us some!

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:56 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:

National Standards is what you want is it, you hate unions do you, it just shows the measure of you, you burke, the Transport and General Workers Union have been calling for a National Cab Act for the past few years yet because they will look to bring in legislation for the benefit of the majority and will not promise YOU a plate you don't want to know.

Well I would be more than willing to pay the cab fare.

I have seen and read about this mythical Nat Cab Act, but have seen no details, just loads of hot air and waffle.

If the T&G have got something to say, then lets have the facts, the ideas, the proposals.

Or is it a case that the Ministers and the Civil Servants at the DOT, have laughed it out of the office?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:01 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Mick Pollard wrote:

National Standards is what you want is it, you hate unions do you, it just shows the measure of you, you burke, the Transport and General Workers Union have been calling for a National Cab Act for the past few years yet because they will look to bring in legislation for the benefit of the majority and will not promise YOU a plate you don't want to know.

Well I would be more than willing to pay the cab fare.

I have seen and read about this mythical Nat Cab Act, but have seen no details, just loads of hot air and waffle.

If the T&G have got something to say, then lets have the facts, the ideas, the proposals.

Or is it a case that the Ministers and the Civil Servants at the DOT, have laughed it out of the office?

no no not so quick
(it will be laghed out of office in 3 year time as soon as the ministers want to show strength against the unions)

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:18 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:

What's all this double act and chum and up peoples chuff. Wharfie lives up there and I live down here. He has made some posts that support some of my posts and positions. Have you ever considerd that it is you who are wrong headed? And just because some others do not aggree with you you think that there is some conspiracy.

You and Mr Foster have often thought that there is some conspiracy emanating from the London list. Let me again put your littlemind at rest. No one is talking about you or your list.

You could not deal with some of my posts and you lost hands down on many arguments. My arguments were so insignificant and of no consquence you constantly felt the need to ban me. You even banned me for calling you pompous, remember? And I also took you to task for the notion that your views were more important than others simply because you were a list owner. Seems pretty significant to me if you felt the need to ban me.

Now stop ranting and jumping up and down. You will give yourself high blood pressure.

Claude :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:59 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:

It's Berk BTW. London Rhyming slang for Berkshire Hunt.

I have been called it before. The rhyme version I mean. But I have such an high opinion of myself it matters not a jot. Now that is real insignificance, not the feigned variety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:06 pm 
Claude wrote:
Mick Pollard wrote:

It's Berk BTW. London Rhyming slang for Berkshire Hunt.

I have been called it before. The rhyme version I mean. But I have such an high opinion of myself it matters not a jot. Now that is real insignificance, not the feigned variety.

ahahahoooohahahah,cantstoplaughingahahahah, weve never met but cannot imagine you in hunting pink, chasing foxes on horse back, what would you do if you caught a fox? put it under your arm and away to safety?

Wharfie

Post subject: Re: Taxi tsar
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:17 pm 
Dusty Bin wrote:
I'm surprised there hasn't been much said about having a taxi tsar.

Would this and national standards be a good idea, and should licensing be taken from councils??

Dusty :?:

We have a tsar down here. His name is Ken Livingstone and he is tsar of all else besides.

Tsar, it's a good sounding word isn't it.

I like the word tsetse fly too. I say it over and over. Tsetse fly. tsetse fly, tsetse fly......... It helps me think. It helps me to spell.

I might write a poem. The Tsar and The Tsetse Fly.