It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:58 am 

Views please!!

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:35 am 
NUFF SAID

Dusty mate nowhere near "nuff said". Why was no-ones name put to this article when it was placed on your homepage as a news item.

What was this bloke doing for 26 years, was he driving a private hire vehicle, he must have been making his money to have stuck it out for "over half his working life". If he wasn't driving a private hire vehicle then what does he want with a H/C plate.

You see people are greedy, they want what others have without having to work hard or save for it. They believe its somehow a right becuase years ago these things were free, well they were not free to the majority of current holders mate and you want to rob them of their possessions like a car theif steals a car or a burgular kicks down a front door. Sussex Man constantly reveals that he believes its "tough" for those ordinary blokes who worked hard, saved or borrowed to get what they wanted, but doesn't believe that he should do any of that.

So come on, don't be so short sighted, there are people who have risked everything to get what they want, surely their situation must be considered, or are drivers of H/C not worthy of consideration.

Dusty, its over to you

B. Lucky :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:07 am 

What difference does it matter if his name is in the piece?

Are we going back to the days of TTF1, when you spent half your working life, saying only those who give there life history can be viewed as having valid posts?

I also think you missed the 'he believed in fairness and equity' bit, which comes as no surprise.

However, does 26 years fit in with the T&G 'Managed Growth'?

Or is it far too short a period?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 1:45 pm 
If it was raised within a post I wouldn't have questioned the content but dismissed it.

You see Suspect Man we cannot be expected to believe an item with no factual or checkable referances.

With regard the T&G's policy of managed growth, you obviously haven't read the policy papers which are quite clear on the stance of the union.

Did you know that in areas of delimitation waiting lists for H/C saloon plates have been abolished and where licenses are revoked or returned to the licensing department they will be held and not re-issued. So in areas of delimitation applications for H/C will only be accepted for WAV's.

You see 26years is a awful long time, since 1977 to be exact, to be waiting for a plate but as no details accompany the news item no-one has the oppertunity to check with the appropriate local authority the validity of the story.

I therefore suggest that it is an un-truth, published by the owners of this site in an attempt to quantify an opinion.

And that is sad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:02 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:
If it was raised within a post I wouldn't have questioned the content but dismissed it.

You see Suspect Man we cannot be expected to believe an item with no factual or checkable referances.

With regard the T&G's policy of managed growth, you obviously haven't read the policy papers which are quite clear on the stance of the union.

Did you know that in areas of delimitation waiting lists for H/C saloon plates have been abolished and where licenses are revoked or returned to the licensing department they will be held and not re-issued. So in areas of delimitation applications for H/C will only be accepted for WAV's.

You see 26years is a awful long time, since 1977 to be exact, to be waiting for a plate but as no details accompany the news item no-one has the oppertunity to check with the appropriate local authority the validity of the story.

I therefore suggest that it is an un-truth, published by the owners of this site in an attempt to quantify an opinion.

And that is sad.

Not all authorities have waiting lists and case law sugests its ilegal, however some authorities like our cancel plates handed in as evidence of overprovision.

As for your last accusation Mick, its shallow, and unwarrented, you check something up? shudder the thought! if it meant reading up on your own site you would destroy e-mails first, in fact you did!

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:01 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:
You see Suspect Man we cannot be expected to believe an item with no factual or checkable references.

Frankly I couldn't give a dam whether you believe the piece or not. The truth hurts to those who can't stomach it.

However if I was in doubt about anyones posts, I would contact the council involved, or any colleagues that come from such an area, like Andy 85, or Dan.

But as I said, the truth hurts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:45 pm 
Here we go again, you just can't leave it alone Suspect can you.

The "trade" should have two codes, there is NO benefit to the general public should single code licensing be considered. If you think there is then list your reasons.

A private hire driver waited 26 years for a plate, so what !

Why did he wait that long, well we can answer that by asking him what he will do with the plate when he finished with it, can we do that or as is your norm Suspect we will only hear the bits of the story you want to tell us.

What has this story got to do with the T&G's policy of managed growth, I'll tell you IT WAS ISSUED BECAUSE OF IT. Brighton, I believe have adopted a policy of managed growth and therefore more people than ever before will be recieving invitations to apply for a H/C licence. Now that may not satisfy Suspect Man accross the border but I believe that he thought they would delimit totally and he could cross the border and work Brighton legitimatly instead of having to hide up the allleyways he does now.

How many times will Suspect Man be let down before he realises that he will have to wait for some time before he gets his dream plate, unless he does what everyone else does and just goes out and buy one, maybe the bloke that has waited 26 years will sell him his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:28 pm 
Mick Pollard wrote:

The "trade" should have two codes, there is NO benefit to the general public should single code licensing be considered. If you think there is then list your reasons.

Why did he wait that long, well we can answer that by asking him what he will do with the plate when he finished with it, can we do that or as is your norm Suspect we will only hear the bits of the story you want to tell us.

What has this story got to do with the T&G's policy of managed growth, I'll tell you IT WAS ISSUED BECAUSE OF IT. Brighton, I believe have adopted a policy of managed growth and therefore more people than ever before will be recieving invitations to apply for a H/C licence. Now that may not satisfy Suspect Man accross the border but I believe that he thought they would delimit totally and he could cross the border and work Brighton legitimatly instead of having to hide up the allleyways he does now.

How many times will Suspect Man be let down before he realises that he will have to wait for some time before he gets his dream plate, unless he does what everyone else does and just goes out and buy one, maybe the bloke that has waited 26 years will sell him his.

as you say Mick, nastiness is unforgivable!

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:48 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:

No, I'm afraid I can't leave inequality alone, but I know a man than can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:51 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:

I have no problem with two codes, or for that matter one hundred and two codes.

What I have a problem with is saying you can be part of one code, but not part of another, no matter what.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:52 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:

Such a statement, confirms in the clearest way possible, my views of you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:54 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:

I can take that from almost anyone, bar a member of the T&G.

Have you read Cab Trade News recently?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:58 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:
NUFF SAID

Dusty mate nowhere near "nuff said". Why was no-ones name put to this article when it was placed on your homepage as a news item.

Well I wasn't referring to the issue as such Mick, just that the subject matter of the thread spoke for itself, it was early in the morning and I couldn't be bothered typing any more, but I've ameneded my original post accordingly, lest any confusion should be caused.

It wasn't a news item Mick, that's why it was cleary marked 'opinion' on the handful of words on the homepage, anyway, as your reaction demonstrates, it would have been clear to anyone that it wasn't intended to be an impartial reporting of news.

The reason there's no name on it is because the author didn't want anyone to know it was them, as we've discussed at length in the past.

As I've said, we aim to represent both sides of the arguments, the forum should do that itself, but we will do this with news and the like as well, and there's ample opportunity on the forum section to discuss things.

Any articles published from either side will be able to have their authorship attributed or not, as the case may be, and confidentiality is assured.

I believe that's the way other similar websites and newspapers and other publications work, so our little site needn't be any different, in my opinion.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:00 pm 

Mick Pollard wrote:

The only people who ever thought that B&H would de-limit, were the lads of the local T&G.

The local PH Ass never asked, nor believed, that de-limination would happen.

However it made a great story in CTN, that the T&G fought off de-limination. Strange that they won a battle that never existed !!!!!!

Still why would the T&G and CTN let the truth get in the way of a good frontpage story?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:01 pm 
Sussex Man wrote:
Mick Pollard wrote:

I have no problem with two codes, or for that matter one hundred and two codes.

What I have a problem with is saying you can be part of one code, but not part of another, no matter what.

come on Andy thats unfair!

you may join the elite if you have enough cash! Mick the trades unionist cannot understand why that is unacceptible!

could you imagine the furou if tommorow you was told that you can have a job at Fords if you have a wad of cash and no special ability, not even knowledge of the job?

unfortunatly Mick is unprincipled and cannot think things through, thats ok by me, but what is unforgivable he pretends that he has.

Wharfie