Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 3:35 am 

so they got down to do the books,
Geoff and Andy got bad looks,
counting the cash "what column does it go"
Andy replied "god if I know,"

both same aim, to avoid the tax
andy get board and plays with the fax
geoff hits on a simple wheese
"you cant do that said" Andy to tease,

The calculater is used to add the lot
Andy check "is that all weve got?
he quickly notices a tenner under, under Geoffs shoe
Andy goes beserk and causes a right to do,

he shout at geoff you are a thief,
and runs off to find a brief
Geoff puts the tenner within the box
Andy and his brief accuse" you are as sly as a fox"

Andy goes off to find a rope,
While geoff gets a joint of dope
Andy strings a rope upon the Beach,
I will show this [edited by admin] I can teach.

Paddington Bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:43 pm 
here are some letter which appeared in the dundee tele on mon you have to start reading from(centre eye opener) the letter from dundee private hire sounds as if they want deregulation?maybe there thinking with all those cabs on the steet they will be begging for office work and they are probably right,the letter headlined taxi lost involved dundee private hire.
so ive been told...http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/outpu ... tters.shtm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:40 am 
everyone seems to be getting the boot into dundee private hire,s owners a clip from yesterdays record.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/conte ... _page.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:05 am 

Perhaps it's starting to dawn on them that they wont be benefiting solely from their court case.

It seems that other will benefit as well, and so they should, because they have put as much into the Dundee trade, as 203020.

If not more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:27 pm 

scot wrote:
its the same in dundee the name on the plate must match but nobody checks i dont think the cab unit has ever heard of the search function on his computer if he did he would find a few hacks and private hired plates running on the same vehicle if you dont believe me im willing to name one individual (biggest pain in dundee who is probably reading this ) to any webmaster for confirmation

Give me his name and i`ll get it confirmed within an hour.

Post subject: Re: marrs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:30 am 

scot wrote:
seems the marrs who own dundee private hire arent as well off as some may think
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2003 ... 6134t0.asp

Todays Daily Record (thats like our Sun) reports that the inland revenue have applied to liquidate Dundee FC.

Interesting also that one of the new directors appointed by the Marrs was an ex-Serbian military general. I've also read that he's a lawyer and has represented both Harlold Shipman and SAddam Hussein, believe it or not.

Still no mention of the PH firm though.

Caledonian Cabbie

TAXMAN BIDS TO SHUT DOWN DUNDEE Nov 4 2003

SPL club faces court survival battle next week

By Brian Mccartney

THE taxman has begun a legal battle to close Dundee Football Club.

The Inland Revenue applied last Thursday to have the club put into liquidation.

If the bid succeeds, Dundee would face being wound up. And a judge in Edinburgh couldmakesucharulingasearlyasnextweek.

The case at the Court of Session seems to dash hopes that the arrival of controversial new director Giovanni di Stefano had solved Dundee's cash problems.

The club's accounts for the year to 31 May 2002 revealed a loss of £6.64 million. The figures were posted four months late.

The details of the taxman's case against Dundeehave not been made public. But it could involve several aspects of the club's finances.

Many football clubs trade at a loss, so tax officials want to make sure they declare all their income from gate receipts, shop takings, catering and other areas.

The Inland Revenue also looks at the way players and staff are paid, to make sure offshore bank accounts are not used to avoid tax and national insurance.

Some hard-pressed clubs are known to be using sophisticatedschemes, like trusts, in a bid to balance the books. And football is one of the businesses being targeted by the taxmanover possible tax evasion.

The Revenue got an extra £66 million last year to go after tax dodgers.

Dundee's last accountsshowedthe club was losing money at the rate of £127,000 a week.

The wage bill increased by £800,000, while the gate receipts, commercial income and TV and radio revenue all fell.

Dundee's bankers, the Bank ofScotland, helped keep the club going by allowing the board of directors to increase borrowings to £6.5 million.

But the Bank has warned Dundee, and the other nine SPL clubs who are customers, that they must stick to their overdraft limits.

And bank bosses insist that they won't be coming up with any more cash.

The Daily Record revealed in March 1999 that Giovanni Di Stefano wanted to invest in Dundee.

But his controversial friendships meant he had to wait more than fouryears before joining the board. Di Stefano was exposed as a Serb military general and close friend of war criminal Zeljko Raznatovic, known as Arkan.

Arkan's private army, the Serbian Tigers, are blamed for killing at least 2000 people in the wars that ripped the old Yugoslavia apart.

Di Stefano spent three years in an English jail for fraud.

His conviction was overturned in 1989, and he made his fortune three years later when he was involved in a £500 milliontakeoverof MGM Studios.

Di Stefano is now thought to beworth £300 million, and his wealth was believed to be behind the recent signings of former Scotland midfielder Craig Burley and Italian striker Fabrizio Ravanelli.

Dundee's other three directors are chief executive Jim Connor and brothers Peter and Jimmy Marr.

Peter Marr, the former chief executive, now lives as a tax exile in Majorca. He was the man who invited Di Stefano on to the board.

The Inland Revenue refused to comment on the court case last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:50 am 
ive read the record but cant see any of what you have posted and as for the sadam/ shipman stuff its four months till aprill fools day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:10 am 
scot wrote:
ive read the record but cant see any of what you have posted and as for the sadam/ shipman stuff its four months till aprill fools day!

WELL IF HE REPRESENTED THOSE TWO HE MUST BE GOOD,

Just as a matter of interest Harold Shipman did my first medical for my taxi badge.
his hands were cold.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:18 am 
the daily record cant be compared to the sun first it does,nt have to display breasts within the first two pages to divert attention from the crap that the following pages contain (a ufo landed in my garden and elvis walked out sang his last hit and got me prgnant stuff)secondly it does,nt
have page after page of sex hotlines to cover the advertising this is only used by papers where they cant get genuine buisness men to advertise,
im not against showing breasts by all means show them on every page !
but just dont print shxt storys heres a link to the record to see what other readers think.
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:23 am 
oh shxt and many appoligies caledonian cabbie ive just read the arcticle on the records website http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/conte ... _page.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:13 am 
heres a link to dundee football clubs website no mention of closing down but there is a forum with some iteresting talk about stefano
http://www.thedees.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:04 am 
Wharfie wrote:
Just as a matter of interest Harold Shipman did my first medical for my taxi badge.
his hands were cold.

Wharfie

Alas the one that got away.

Post subject: Re: marrs
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:33 pm 

Caledonian Cabbie wrote:
THE taxman has begun a legal battle to close Dundee Football Club.

The Inland Revenue applied last Thursday to have the club put into liquidation.

This could well be a more normal procedure than it seems - a tactic to get the company to pay up basically.

But who knows?

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:36 pm 

Wharfie wrote:
his hands were cold.

Wharfie

Explains a lot, that does!!

Dusty Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:32 am 

scot wrote:

Yes, when I say TODAY, I mean TODAY, not yesterday :)

I actually saw the story splattered all over the front page of the Record at the end of the Scottish bit on Newsnight.

A while later I had a look for it on the website, and made my post early on Tuesday morning :)

Some of the papers seem to have overegged th e pudding with the Saddam hussein bit, but its been in numerous storys that De Stefano has met Saddam several times, not to mention Osama Bin Laden.

He seems to be some kind of lawyer and hes beein involved in defending people like Shipman, Kenneth Noy, van Hoogelstroffen (or whatever) and Slobodan Molosivic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next