Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:52 am 
i remember reading that he was,nt fully qualified to be a lawyer this was some time ago , the local papers reporting that its stefanos money keeping dundee afloat but as usual no mention of any other buisnesess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:10 am 
scot wrote:
i remember reading that he was,nt fully qualified to be a lawyer this was some time ago , the local papers reporting that its stefanos money keeping dundee afloat but as usual no mention of any other buisnesess

When Inland Revenue arrive at a club,
The directors can be found laughing in a pub,
The press are all around,
so supporters feel they should flock to the ground.

the worries are in the dundee clan,
fearing their club are facing a ban.
out comes the hard earned cash,
please give the supporters a bash.

up goes the prices to watch a game,
and more support is neaded all the same,
up goes the attendace for the match,
and money rolls in that is the catch,

So the directors have no fear,
its the supporters it will cost so dear,
its all a game of bluff and fear,
and its only the supporters that will shead a tear.

Paddington Bill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:33 am 
its d day for dundee today 11/11/03 the big council meeting takes place at 2.30 everybody has different views as what they are going to announce
but the fact that the brand new tx2 has now been removed from outside david youngs house (dundee private hire) does,nt look good i enjoyed driving past it and looking at it sitting doing nothing for the last week,
i just hope nobodys nicked it,ill post the outcome tomorrow if available
i may have to start doing many extra hours..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:32 am 

Wouldn't it be nice if Dundee Council done the right thing and de-limited, before the OFT report informs the Government why they should. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:04 am 

Looks like the OFT report will precede the Dundee meeting by a few hours!!

Oh dear!!

Dusty :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:20 am 
a lot of confusion surrounds the meeting today most are saying that dundee is now open to anyone who will put on a wheelchair vehicle a smaller amounts are saying its open to any vehicle ive talked to four people who attended the meeting but still dont know whats what? the council phone lines were also jammed so it looks like we will have to wait till tomorrow to find out , the oft anouncement will not have been known by the council at this time so there may be some changes who knows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:36 am 
scot wrote:
a lot of confusion surrounds the meeting today most are saying that dundee is now open to anyone who will put on a wheelchair vehicle a smaller amounts are saying its open to any vehicle ive talked to four people who attended the meeting but still dont know whats what? the council phone lines were also jammed so it looks like we will have to wait till tomorrow to find out , the oft anouncement will not have been known by the council at this time so there may be some changes who knows?

Scott,

calm down a bit take it easy, if they didnt have the report they will have to do it again surely?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:07 am 
so that,l be another two years before anyone knows anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:51 am 

I don't think so Wharfy.

The OFT report, and the Dundee report (as far as I'm aware), both recommend the ending of the quotas.

I feel it would be un-reasonable to make Dundee do it all again. They didn't know when the OFT report was out, and couldn't possibly wait, cos they have an existing duty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:21 pm 

The story that Scot reported in the other thread reads like the OFT report was out before the meeting, which was presumably either in the afternoon or evening?

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/outpu ... 952t0.shtm

Anyway, they don't have to do what the OFT recommend - only the Scottish Executive can legislate to make de-limitation mandatory in Scotland presumably, and again that's a political decision.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:14 pm 

Finally sense has prevailed in Dundee.

www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/output/2003/ ... 522t0.shtm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:36 am 

scot wrote:

It certainly looks like WAVs only for new licenses scot, but then you'll know that now anyway :)

Do the existing saloon plates have to go WAV when replacing the vehicle??

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:26 pm 

Caledonian Cabbie wrote:
Some of the papers seem to have overegged th e pudding with the Saddam hussein bit, but its been in numerous storys that De Stefano has met Saddam several times, not to mention Osama Bin Laden.

He seems to be some kind of lawyer and hes beein involved in defending people like Shipman, Kenneth Noy, van Hoogelstroffen (or whatever) and Slobodan Molosivic.

Just saw that bloke de Stefano on the ITN news saying what a shame it was that Shipman killed himself before another appeal was heard.

And here was me thinking that he was now driving a PH car in Dundee!

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:44 pm 

Who's driving a PH, Shipman?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:17 am 
Dusty Bin wrote:
Caledonian Cabbie wrote:
Some of the papers seem to have overegged th e pudding with the Saddam hussein bit, but its been in numerous storys that De Stefano has met Saddam several times, not to mention Osama Bin Laden.

He seems to be some kind of lawyer and hes beein involved in defending people like Shipman, Kenneth Noy, van Hoogelstroffen (or whatever) and Slobodan Molosivic.

Just saw that bloke de Stefano on the ITN news saying what a shame it was that Shipman killed himself before another appeal was heard.

And here was me thinking that he was now driving a PH car in Dundee!

Dusty

Shipman did my medical for my first licence it was private hire I started my carear as a tout.

if you had fifteen quid and could stand in front of him you could certainly pass a medical with him.

the barking over his death is astounding some weeks ago I took a passenger home and he hung himself, no jokes please there was no enquiry for him.

why a man cannot take his own life in captivity without this hoo haa is a mystery.

maybe one day evidence may proove him innocent its happened so many times before, though living where he has been in practice I will always believe his guilt.

I believe he took a relative I loved.

for that he can rot in hell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next