UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:37 pm 

JD wrote:
Skull wrote:
JD wrote:
I see the number one priority on the list is to conduct regular stance surveys lol. I wonder why that is?

1. To adopt a strategy to obtain updates on demand for taxis in Edinburgh in interim periods between large scale surveys (see Demand objectives
below)

Regards

JD

Does this mean they haven't done any yet? 'Adopt' being the operative word :lol:

But didn't they say somewhere they had already carried out interim surveys? :?

The Plot thickens :lol:

I think what they said, was that they were going to get some crowd controlers to check the situation out at xmas?

I hope they had a pen and paper with them to count heads.

Regards

JD

Now that I come to think of it. :shock:

I am sure it was Cllr Wigglesworth Chairman of the Regulatory Committee. He said: 'we are monitoring taxi demand on a regular basis' or words to that effect. Cllr Wigglesworth made the statement in the Edinburgh Evening News, in reply to Jim's application article.

You couldn't make it up. This probably explains why they have no up-to-date demand data.

More lip service on behalf of the council perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:48 pm 

Skull wrote:

I am sure it was Cllr Wigglesworth Chairman of the Regulatory Committee. He said: 'we are monitoring taxi demand on a regular basis' or words to that effect. Cllr Wigglesworth made the statement in the Edinburgh Evening News, in reply to Jim's application article.

You couldn't make it up. This probably explains why they have no up-to-date demand data.

He did say that but he was in a position to know whether that statement was a deliberate lie or a mistake. Considering he is on the licensing committee and he gets every report he should have known that there have been no stance surveys since before 9 months the Jacobs report that takes us back to October 2004.

Makes you wonder why he actually said it? And I suspect thats why he has a problem answering jim Taylors letter.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:11 pm 
JD wrote:
Skull wrote:

He did say that but he was in a position to know whether that statement was a deliberate lie or a mistake. Considering he is on the licensing committee and he gets every report he should have known that there have been no stance surveys since before 9 months the Jacobs report that takes us back to October 2004.

Makes you wonder why he actually said it? And I suspect thats why he has a problem answering jim Taylors letter.

Regards

JD

Just like Cllr Wigglesworth was in a position to know that he stated at the RC meeting of 7th October 2005 that he wanted to go on record to say that Jacob's was flawed.

When asked directly by me whether he said this, he neither confirmed nor denied, he answered through legal sevices that there was no record of it. Yet, he knew he did ot didn't.

Interestingly, he thought he was going on record. This was never minuted. neither was he told that it wouldn't be minuted.

Seems the council only record what happenes at meetings when it suits them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:25 pm 

jasbar wrote:
Just like Cllr Wigglesworth was in a position to know that he stated at the RC meeting of 7th October 2005 that he wanted to go on record to say that Jacob's was flawed.

When asked directly by me whether he said this, he neither confirmed nor denied, he answered through legal sevices that there was no record of it. Yet, he knew he did ot didn't.

Interestingly, he thought he was going on record. This was never minuted. neither was he told that it wouldn't be minuted.

Seems the council only record what happenes at meetings when it suits them.

You won't get an accurate account of what was said at committee meetings, not until they are forced by the Governmet to have them recorded. There are one or two councills that broadcast there meetings live over the internet and in that way you would have an accurate account but when the committee clerk writes up the minutes I don't think they have to take any personal comments into consideration, unless specifically asked to do so.

However wigglesworth cant get deny what he put into print so in that respect he shot himself in the foot.

Regards

JD