Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:56 pm 
Wharfie wrote:
speaking strictly as a rural man we often pick up in the street, and there is lots of work.

some taxidrivers of course suffer dissabilities, selective blindness they dont see the faggers sitting in wheelchairs.

yes there is a demand for wavs and it aint all phone by a long chalkj

Wharfie


I beg to differ. Because of the lack of WAVs cutomers will not take the chance of going to a rank. So they ring for one.
In London that may be different because they know that the taxi is going to be WAV. So they dont need to ring.
I would have fault that in your rural area it would be worse than mine. So your customers are better off.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:39 pm 
Cgull wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
speaking strictly as a rural man we often pick up in the street, and there is lots of work.

some taxidrivers of course suffer dissabilities, selective blindness they dont see the faggers sitting in wheelchairs.

yes there is a demand for wavs and it aint all phone by a long chalkj

Wharfie


I beg to differ. Because of the lack of WAVs cutomers will not take the chance of going to a rank. So they ring for one.
In London that may be different because they know that the taxi is going to be WAV. So they dont need to ring.
I would have fault that in your rural area it would be worse than mine. So your customers are better off.


ok, we are not perfect yet but we are getting there, what is a wav customer?

our difficulty to be frank is that the cancer sufferers and spine sufferers do suffer from road humps.

a taxi is a taxi and I believe lots on here are not truthfull, my experience differs so widely, we deal with accounts that are intensive in driver help we manage with salloons and chairs in the boot until our new vehicles come january. but our fleat deals with on average 6 wheelchairs a day! each car with wavs I know we could double that.

1 in 6 people have some disability or another, surely they dont all live in my patch?

Wharfie


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:23 pm 
Sorry mate a WAV customer is a customer needing for whatever reason a wheelchair assessivle vehicle.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:04 pm 
Cgull wrote:
Sorry mate a WAV customer is a customer needing for whatever reason a wheelchair assessivle vehicle.


so lets go back to square one, supposing there were none, not difficult to imagine thats how the trade in Brighton would l;ike it would all salloons shrug their shoulders and refuse to help?

Wharfie


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:20 pm 
i would say the chances of the taxi trade vo;luntarily going WAV is nill.
but would it surprise anyone if in a few years time we all had to?
so it may seem to a few that having no more taxis is great. but if that means they all have to have WAVs in the future, its very short sighted.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:25 pm 
Cgull wrote:
i would say the chances of the taxi trade vo;luntarily going WAV is nill.
but would it surprise anyone if in a few years time we all had to?
so it may seem to a few that having no more taxis is great. but if that means they all have to have WAVs in the future, its very short sighted.


instead of avoiding the question, can you answer it?

Wharfie


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:30 pm 
if a customer can get in my car. i couldn't care who the customers is providing they pay me at the other end.
if the customer cant get in. then what can i do?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:36 pm 
Cgull wrote:
if a customer can get in my car. i couldn't care who the customers is providing they pay me at the other end.
if the customer cant get in. then what can i do?


well I suppose that is the case for WAVS

What you can do is get off your fat arse and help!

but you have given the full justification for all wavs in Brighton, and perhaps the case for a compulsory course at charm school.
Wharfie


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 43923
Location: 1066 Country
Well that was not very nice Wharfy.

He did say that if they can get in his car then fine. He can't help it if they can't.

Would you suggest he tied them to the back?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:41 pm 
Wharfie wrote:
What you can do is get off your fat arse and help!

Wharfie


Cheap quote but pointless.
If they cant get out of there wheel chairs. They cant get into my vehicle.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:04 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Essex, England
And I find that a lot of the elderly cannot get in my WAV, UNLESS they are in a wheelchair. Its the elderly particularly, they prefer a saloon that they can just swivel into. My WAV is too high (even with lowering air suspension - which was a waste of £1,000 as it only drops it about 3 inches anyway). The case exists for a variety of vehicle types. The disabled are not ONLY wheelchair users. But, I am glad we are not all WAVs as that means more work for me.

I shall of course, be getting a different step and grab handle arrangement when I get time. Maybe a swinging lowerable seat like Jubilee offer?

_________________
There is Significant Unmet Demand for my Opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:26 am 
Cgull wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
What you can do is get off your fat arse and help!

Wharfie


Cheap quote but pointless.
If they cant get out of there wheel chairs. They cant get into my vehicle.


its not cheap at all, I bet you dont tell the council you wont carry disabled people!

a better case for going all WAV is hard to find!

Wharfie


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group