Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:56 pm 
Wharfie wrote:
speaking strictly as a rural man we often pick up in the street, and there is lots of work.

some taxidrivers of course suffer dissabilities, selective blindness they dont see the faggers sitting in wheelchairs.

yes there is a demand for wavs and it aint all phone by a long chalkj

Wharfie

I beg to differ. Because of the lack of WAVs cutomers will not take the chance of going to a rank. So they ring for one.
In London that may be different because they know that the taxi is going to be WAV. So they dont need to ring.
I would have fault that in your rural area it would be worse than mine. So your customers are better off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 9:39 pm 
Cgull wrote:
Wharfie wrote:
speaking strictly as a rural man we often pick up in the street, and there is lots of work.

some taxidrivers of course suffer dissabilities, selective blindness they dont see the faggers sitting in wheelchairs.

yes there is a demand for wavs and it aint all phone by a long chalkj

Wharfie

I beg to differ. Because of the lack of WAVs cutomers will not take the chance of going to a rank. So they ring for one.
In London that may be different because they know that the taxi is going to be WAV. So they dont need to ring.
I would have fault that in your rural area it would be worse than mine. So your customers are better off.

ok, we are not perfect yet but we are getting there, what is a wav customer?

our difficulty to be frank is that the cancer sufferers and spine sufferers do suffer from road humps.

a taxi is a taxi and I believe lots on here are not truthfull, my experience differs so widely, we deal with accounts that are intensive in driver help we manage with salloons and chairs in the boot until our new vehicles come january. but our fleat deals with on average 6 wheelchairs a day! each car with wavs I know we could double that.

1 in 6 people have some disability or another, surely they dont all live in my patch?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:23 pm 
Sorry mate a WAV customer is a customer needing for whatever reason a wheelchair assessivle vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:04 am 
Cgull wrote:
Sorry mate a WAV customer is a customer needing for whatever reason a wheelchair assessivle vehicle.

so lets go back to square one, supposing there were none, not difficult to imagine thats how the trade in Brighton would l;ike it would all salloons shrug their shoulders and refuse to help?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:20 pm 
i would say the chances of the taxi trade vo;luntarily going WAV is nill.
but would it surprise anyone if in a few years time we all had to?
so it may seem to a few that having no more taxis is great. but if that means they all have to have WAVs in the future, its very short sighted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:25 pm 
Cgull wrote:
i would say the chances of the taxi trade vo;luntarily going WAV is nill.
but would it surprise anyone if in a few years time we all had to?
so it may seem to a few that having no more taxis is great. but if that means they all have to have WAVs in the future, its very short sighted.

instead of avoiding the question, can you answer it?

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:30 pm 
if a customer can get in my car. i couldn't care who the customers is providing they pay me at the other end.
if the customer cant get in. then what can i do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:36 pm 
Cgull wrote:
if a customer can get in my car. i couldn't care who the customers is providing they pay me at the other end.
if the customer cant get in. then what can i do?

well I suppose that is the case for WAVS

What you can do is get off your fat arse and help!

but you have given the full justification for all wavs in Brighton, and perhaps the case for a compulsory course at charm school.
Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:16 am 

Well that was not very nice Wharfy.

He did say that if they can get in his car then fine. He can't help it if they can't.

Would you suggest he tied them to the back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:41 pm 
Wharfie wrote:

Wharfie

Cheap quote but pointless.
If they cant get out of there wheel chairs. They cant get into my vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:16 pm 

And I find that a lot of the elderly cannot get in my WAV, UNLESS they are in a wheelchair. Its the elderly particularly, they prefer a saloon that they can just swivel into. My WAV is too high (even with lowering air suspension - which was a waste of £1,000 as it only drops it about 3 inches anyway). The case exists for a variety of vehicle types. The disabled are not ONLY wheelchair users. But, I am glad we are not all WAVs as that means more work for me.

I shall of course, be getting a different step and grab handle arrangement when I get time. Maybe a swinging lowerable seat like Jubilee offer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:26 am 
Cgull wrote:
Wharfie wrote:

Wharfie

Cheap quote but pointless.
If they cant get out of there wheel chairs. They cant get into my vehicle.

its not cheap at all, I bet you dont tell the council you wont carry disabled people!

a better case for going all WAV is hard to find!

Wharfie