Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:02 am 

The way plates are hired out in Dundee, at lease puts an end to any suggestion that we just ban the transfers of plates down here.

Some wish to issue no more plates, but ban transfers. They say that when someone leaves the trade, they hand their plate back to the council. Of course they are all flocking to do that in Dundee aren't they? :roll:

How would anyone know that Mr 105 years old (bit like Wharfy) is still not in the trade, as long as he keeps reviewing his license. The fact that he has lived in Spain forever, makes no difference.

No, for the millionth time, if the trade wishes to be treated fairly by those outside our trade, then we had best start treating fairly those of us already in it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:19 am 

scot wrote:
here is the dundee draft report,for some reason it wont dowload on my computer ?maybee there on to me?
http://www.dundeecity.gov.uk/taxi/main_complete.pdf

Mr Scot it downloaded on mine no problem.

As for the report, well if there has been a report with a less damming indictment of our trade, then I have yet to see it. :shock:

It only takes a few pages of the report to realize what a bloody mess the trade is in. Out dated legislation being abused by p*** taking drivers, or non drivers for that matter.

For goodness sake someone sort it all out. I just hope that the Knight in shining armour, that's due to publish soon, sorts it out. If not then the likes of Dundee will be around for many a year.

But will we?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:48 pm 
Blimey wot a mess.
Good reading though. :shock:
How sad am I?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:31 pm 
I have just pulled the report off, AND GLANCED THROUGH IT, now chaps in all seriousness how many dundee members do you think will read it, understand it, and not get totaly boared with it? well with personal experience I can tell you, bettween one and none,

This report and evidence has what they call in political circles been "stuffed" that means the officers are tying to ram through there will,
should they be challenged in the fiture they will say:

It was a member decision.

Every effort was made to ensure the had the fullest information beffore them.

the officers will be in the clear, but it is not member friendly in anyway, just to test to see what I mean give a copy to your mother and ask her to write a 2 page report telling you what its all about and you will get a member impression.

if that reply is i have not had time to read it it will be typical of a dundee member reaction.

dundee limits by numbers is in thier dying days.

I will have a read through on the rank tonight.

Wharfie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:48 pm 

The surveys are a bit impenetrable Wharfy, I think the only bit that will get read is the paragraph where they say how many plates should or shouldn't be issued.

The stuff by the council officer at the start is plain enough though, and as Andy says, you won't read a more damning indictment.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:03 pm 

Wharfie wrote:
I have just pulled the report off, AND GLANCED THROUGH IT, now chaps in all seriousness how many dundee members do you think will read it, understand it, and not get totaly boared with it? well with personal experience I can tell you, bettween one and none,

There is no doubt, that not one of the members will read it in full.

They will just look at the recommendation when they are finalized, and more than likely follow suit.

There is no way officials will write up such a massive report, without deciding from day one which way they want members to go.