All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: hamsters
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:13 am 
where do you put your deceased hamster?
here in scotland
http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2004 ... 3206t0.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:35 am 
many readers will be wondering what this has to do with taxis, but think about your seat covers, or your fleece jacket keeping you cosy, think how hard it must be chasing a sheep all over the hills in rotten weather, a hamster on the other hand is merely case of submerging a small cage in a bath of water for a minute and hey presto you have one nineteith of a steering wheel cover, ive not had many passengers to blair atholl but ill make sure any future passengers know how easily hamsters necks are broken and how many it takes to make a coat so that some lady can look like she has some money (which she hasnt or she would have went for mink,much bigger easily gassed and make,s some greedy landowners slightly more cash, ive had two hamsters as pets in my time and after their demise both were flushed ,im pretty sure this would be their preferred choice rather than hanging on some fat cow in an overpriced pub...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:44 am 
on the same subject i woner what would be the outcome if a taxi driver refused to pick up a customer wearing fur ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:34 am 

Someone had a good time last night. :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:51 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Someone had a good time last night. :oops: :oops:

thinking the same myself :oops: :oops:

tonight as people get in my cab I will ask, are you wearing hamster fur?

let you know Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:31 pm 
Sometimes,in my ponderings,I think back to my visits to the TDO.
Sussex with his rantings,Angel with his rantings,and the pink man?lady
with his/her,Queer ways.
I sometimes wonder why the feck,visit this site.
Then Dundonian Scot comes on!.
Some postings sound,but others,well.
Was you working last night or on the spliffs?.
Rats,Mice.Stoats,Guinea Pigs.Weasels,who the feck cares,as long as the wee buggers do something when they are dead,albeit keep some poor pussy warm,GOOD.
By the way Scot,when was the last time you were rearing the sheep?
Perhaps last night.

:twisted: :twisted: Black Boab(the shepherd).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:03 am 
I love the bit where Advocates for Animals deplore the practice of using hamster pelts for £1750 coats(need to catch a lot of hamsters presumably) but then suggest that these items should be given to "homeless" people. What about all of the hard-working guys in our business who are sitting for hours waiting for their next job on a windswept, rain-lashed car park or outside some nightclub. Could they not be given some consideration as winter approaches? Personally, I do not think that hamster fur would afford any protection against the elements, I have found that Beaver is much warmer !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:35 am 
sorry about that posting totally out of it due to drink last night im only working four nights a week due to excess cash, my part time driver has packed up his normal job to taxi full time which is leaving me with a lot of
free time, with a bit of luck he will get his own plate then things will go back to normal,only five plates were issued today even with a month break in meetings , its not far off a year since dundee deregulated and so far all has went well for those who operate their own cabs, even some of the real diehards ive talked to have admitted to (its not that bad i suppose) the dta have been promissed a meeting with the council this month , the reason seems to be creating some confusion, from the taxi fraternity,s point of view its to close the town, but ive also heard its only to keep the dta up to date with all the councils future plans, there is a couple of tx11,s appeared not new plates but new wavs who were reported to be struggling to keep up the payments and have decided to move up to a more expensive vehicle?good luck to them i may even join the once my first years up depending on the trade in price i seen a 01 plate eurobus in the auto trader for 4000 which left me a bit shaky , the best way forward will probably be to let somebody take over the payments ,despite all the squeking and rattling the eurobus is still in big demand in dundee at least....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:22 am 
It's nice to see the world didnt end when Dundee deregulated.

But it seems they want to set quotas for hamster coats, but hey I would settle for that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:40 am 
i have to keep looking at that post not only was it embarrissing but im also grounded for a month, never mind, that indianna jones film on tv tonight was alright im checking the tv times to see whats on next wed ill maybe post it on this site, the council are handing out more plates at the end of this month ive not heard of this happening before there has already been two meetings this month?anyone any knowledge on the date of the dta /council meeting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:53 pm 

All that extra money and work since you got your free plate, has clearly gone to you head. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:03 pm 
Sussex wrote:
All that extra money and work since you got your free plate, has clearly gone to you head. :?

Notice you did not say brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:05 pm 
Scot,
Mr Young is definetly putting on 40 TX11,this is true.
He has an application in September.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:15 am 
ive heard a couple of different figures regarding the 203020 tx11,s, either way it wont make that much difference as the plates will just be replacing the private hire plates, the highest amount of plates handed out at any one meeting was 45 in the feb meeting and that still didn,t have much of an impact, since then the numbers have fallen rapidly, 27,19,7,3,5,and now maybe 40, nobody ever mentions the amount of plates that are handed back but it is happening on a regular basis both hack and private hire, this is helping to keep the balance and is also why punters are still having to wait the best part of an hour after 2.30 on a saturday, ive also heard (unconfirmed at the moment) that there is a list of no fewer than 50 ops looking for drivers in the handys office , if true this counts for one third of handys fleet looking for drivers or if its for both handys/teles one sixth, although this is not good news for those who are looking for a driver it will have a positive affect on the trade in general as you wont have all the cars running non stop which in the end means we will still be earning a living...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:02 am 

scot wrote:
ive also heard (unconfirmed at the moment) that there is a list of no fewer than 50 ops looking for drivers in the handys office , if true this counts for one third of handys fleet looking for drivers or if its for both handys/teles one sixth, although this is not good news for those who are looking for a driver it will have a positive affect on the trade in general as you wont have all the cars running non stop which in the end means we will still be earning a living...

In other words the workers are gaining, and the shirkers aren't milking as much as before. :shock:

Also more evidence that it doesn't matter a f*** how many vehicles are licensed as taxis, but everything to do with the numbers of drivers.