Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 pm 

CC wrote:
Could you give me an example of the red tape?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm 

pmsl - nowt wrong with it :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 am 

captain cab wrote:
gusmac wrote:
Is horse meat legal for human consumption in this country?

Yes, but you cant sell it as beef - because that's fraud and deception :wink:

that wasnt the question and isnt at issue....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:27 am 

toots wrote:
CC wrote:

while ive got a face she will always have somewhere to sit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:39 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
captain cab wrote:
edders23 wrote:
Red Tape usually ends up frustrating small businesses and upping council tax as people build up their little empires of regulation with nice big fat pensions at the end of it whilst they process reams and reams of forms that people have to fill out

What this country needs is to sort out ENFORCEMENT not increase regulation if there is more chance of getting caught and of being hit in the wallet people are less likely to do it simples

Local authority council tenders most of them now you have to pre qualify by filling out a large questionnaire and supplying a vast amount of documentation to demonstrate that your business is run to modern health and safety compliance standards and equality standards etc etc which is fine for a multinational but not for a one man band or small business that doesn't operate with an office full of clerks to deal with such nonsense far better to simplify the thing by just demonstrating that the necessary stuff like insurance vehicle standards etc are met and then checking up now and again to make sure that that is still the case

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:13 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Local authority council tenders most of them now you have to pre qualify by filling out a large questionnaire and supplying a vast amount of documentation to demonstrate that your business is run to modern health and safety compliance standards and equality standards etc etc which is fine for a multinational but not for a one man band or small business that doesn't operate with an office full of clerks to deal with such nonsense far better to simplify the thing by just demonstrating that the necessary stuff like insurance vehicle standards etc are met and then checking up now and again to make sure that that is still the case

I don't really see that as an issue to be honest - but your points can be split up into separate parts;

to pre qualify by filling out a large questionnaire

supplying a vast amount of documentation to demonstrate that your business is run to modern health and safety compliance standards and equality standards

necessary stuff like insurance vehicle standards etc are met

and then checking up now and again to make sure that that is still the case

The pre-qualifying is in place to ensure those people who are able to do contracts are actually able?

the vast amounts of health and safety compliance is also a bit of a red herring as this will be in the majority of cases be covered by localised licensing requirements or certificates already held (NVQ etc)? The equality standards could merely be a bit of paper downloaded from the internet and modified for your own company.

Insurance and public liability are part of any normal contractual agreement - again - this is something that can be emailed.

Its bizarre - what you describe as red tape I'd call standards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 pm 

with less than 5 employees you dont need any H&S compliance or the other 100 pages of rubbish, they do seem to love sending emails out though (too little real work in the office for them maybe?)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:04 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
with less than 5 employees you dont need any H&S compliance or the other 100 pages of rubbish, they do seem to love sending emails out though (too little real work in the office for them maybe?)

Which brings me back to my earlier point red tape means office jockeys sitting in an office producing reams of documentation what this country needs is more people whose job is to go out and about enforcing rules and regulations and trying to catch the unscrupulous out not office jiockeys

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:26 pm 

edders23 wrote:
captain cab wrote:

That's nowhere near as good as the example I provided and even if I so myself quite boring :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:50 pm 

TORY VERMIN IN ACTION

SHUT A&E'S PEOPLE DIE
SACK FOOD INSPECTORS YOU GET HORSE MEAT AND PREVIOUSLY CJD
CUT PROTECTIVE REGULATIONS PEOPLE DIE HEALTH AND SAFETY BUILDING SITES LEAD THE QUEUE :D FIND ANYONE PREPARED TO REPRESENT WORKERS ON HEALTH AND SAFETY BLACK LIST THEM

REMOVE BANKING REGULATION AND THEY STEAL FROM YOU RUN DRUGS AND SELL YOU USELESS PRODUCTS, BANKRUPT THEIR BANKS YOU BAIL EM OUT AND THEY PAY THEMSELVES BONUS'S FOR BANKRUPTING THEIR BANKS.

NOW I DONT KNOW IF ITS ME BUT ALL THIS SEEMS SHALL WE SAY CORRUPT :?: :?: :?:
AND OF COURSE GIVE THEMSELVES TAX CUTS HE HE WHILST REMOVING VITAL BENEFITS FROM THOSE WHO HAVE PAID IN FOR THEM eusasmiles.zip
THEN THERES THE OH WHY GO ON ITS PLAIN TO SEE THIS NATION IS BEING RAPED AND PILLAGED BY GANGSTERS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 am 

trotskys twin wrote:
TORY VERMIN IN ACTION

SHUT A&E'S PEOPLE DIE
SACK FOOD INSPECTORS YOU GET HORSE MEAT AND PREVIOUSLY CJD
CUT PROTECTIVE REGULATIONS PEOPLE DIE HEALTH AND SAFETY BUILDING SITES LEAD THE QUEUE :D FIND ANYONE PREPARED TO REPRESENT WORKERS ON HEALTH AND SAFETY BLACK LIST THEM

REMOVE BANKING REGULATION AND THEY STEAL FROM YOU RUN DRUGS AND SELL YOU USELESS PRODUCTS, BANKRUPT THEIR BANKS YOU BAIL EM OUT AND THEY PAY THEMSELVES BONUS'S FOR BANKRUPTING THEIR BANKS.

NOW I DONT KNOW IF ITS ME BUT ALL THIS SEEMS SHALL WE SAY CORRUPT :?: :?: :?:
AND OF COURSE GIVE THEMSELVES TAX CUTS HE HE WHILST REMOVING VITAL BENEFITS FROM THOSE WHO HAVE PAID IN FOR THEM eusasmiles.zip
THEN THERES THE OH WHY GO ON ITS PLAIN TO SEE THIS NATION IS BEING RAPED AND PILLAGED BY GANGSTERS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Has your caps lock key got stuck?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:18 am 

toots wrote:
edders23 wrote:
captain cab wrote:

That's nowhere near as good as the example I provided and even if I so myself quite boring :lol:

I'm getting worried about you toots I thought men were supposed to be the ones with one track minds !!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:41 am 

edders23 wrote:

Which brings me back to my earlier point red tape means office jockeys sitting in an office producing reams of documentation what this country needs is more people whose job is to go out and about enforcing rules and regulations and trying to catch the unscrupulous out not office jiockeys

I actually dispute what you describe as red tape - I think its standards.

Do you want unqualified people applying for contracts - do you not think the playing field should be level for all?

In respect to larger companies having an advantage - do they really? Office costs, staff costs, VAT, allocation of work - the fact is an owner driver is able to tender for work and can massively discount prices due to the overheads of business being far less.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 am 

Edders23 wrote:
I'm getting worried about you toots I thought men were supposed to be the ones with one track minds !!

My other track is being thoroughly cleaned after it read that book :lol: Which, for the record, had no mention of red tape in it, but, I don't think I'll be doing much of :roll: once the cleaning process is completed :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 pm 

grandad wrote:
Has your caps lock key got stuck?

with his IQ it has be altered for him.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next