Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:46 pm 

For those that maybe interested

Quote:
Make sure 38 Degrees emails reach your inbox: add action@38degrees.org.uk to your contacts. If you would like to unsubscribe click here.

It’s working. It looks like Jeremy Hunt is already feeling the pressure of our huge, people-powered opposition to his NHS privatisation plot. The Telegraph is reporting that “an outcry from medical groups, MPs and campaigners against privatisation in the NHS has forced a re-think”. [1]

And that’s hardly surprising - 130,000 of us signed the petition against the changes in just 24 hours. Thank you. But we haven’t won yet. Over the next few hours, Hunt will be deciding whether or not he can hold out in the face of a public outcry. Now we need to ramp up the pressure by making sure the petition continues to grow fast.

Can you help keep the pressure on Jeremy Hunt by sharing the petition with your friends and family? Please press forward on this email and ask them to click here to sign: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/ ... 0230/VEsE/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:52 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Daily Mirror today revelations that the Gvt have agreed that every section of the NHS is up for Privatization, in other words let the CRIMINALS in to destroy the NHS, anyone think its a good idea ????????????????

Another sweeping Komunista propaganda statement from the Apparatchik!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:22 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
Daily Mirror today revelations that the Gvt have agreed that every section of the NHS is up for Privatization, in other words let the CRIMINALS in to destroy the NHS, anyone think its a good idea ????????????????

AHHHHHHHHHH Brummies back tory burke hows the villa doing mug :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: down yer go he he

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:51 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHH Brummies back tory burke hows the villa doing mug :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: down yer go he he

so says an ARSEnal fan.....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:15 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:17 pm 

toots wrote:
For those that maybe interested

Quote:
Make sure 38 Degrees emails reach your inbox: add action@38degrees.org.uk to your contacts. If you would like to unsubscribe click here.

It’s working. It looks like Jeremy Hunt is already feeling the pressure of our huge, people-powered opposition to his NHS privatisation plot. The Telegraph is reporting that “an outcry from medical groups, MPs and campaigners against privatisation in the NHS has forced a re-think”. [1]

And that’s hardly surprising - 130,000 of us signed the petition against the changes in just 24 hours. Thank you. But we haven’t won yet. Over the next few hours, Hunt will be deciding whether or not he can hold out in the face of a public outcry. Now we need to ramp up the pressure by making sure the petition continues to grow fast.

Can you help keep the pressure on Jeremy Hunt by sharing the petition with your friends and family? Please press forward on this email and ask them to click here to sign: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/page/m/ ... 0230/VEsE/

I forwarded that petition to this sites moderator but it didnt get posted but i would urge everyone to sign it :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:21 pm 

gusmac wrote:

he he thats a bit cruel on the mug Gus, I doubt if those 2 vermin would condescend to even shake the pathetic grovelling scabs hand :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:32 am 

The NHS has been virtually privatised for years - and new labour didn't stop it - indeed they encouraged it with the likes of PFI and trust status.

There is so much outsourced its difficult to work out where to start.

But let me have a little go and throw a few things into the ring;

Firstly the cleaning of hospitals - this is usually outsourced to private contactors - this has been really quite successful - it led to the superbugs such as msra etc - the off shoot is that even though you enter a hospital it maybe not your illness that kills you.

Secondly, things like hospital food - this is now privatised - no more hospital kitchens - saving money on staff - but theres a fair chance if you complain theres f*ck all chance of anything happening.

We could go on to medicine but that's been privatised via US pharmaceutical firms for years - via a completely silly patent system - after all - when people are ill there is a profit to be made.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:40 am 

Captain Cab wrote:

Most likely outsourced to the very companies that are part of PFI syndicate as part of the deal in the first place to get them to build the 'community' building :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 am 

toots wrote:
Captain Cab wrote:

Most likely outsourced to the very companies that are part of PFI syndicate as part of the deal in the first place to get them to build the 'community' building :wink:

yep the likes of Capita and other companies, of course when things go wrong......its the wee man that takes the blame.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:45 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:
Captain Cab wrote:

yep the likes of Capita and other companies, of course when things go wrong......its the wee man that takes the blame.

.....and the consequences :sad:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:51 am 

Of course the latest one getting my goat - and one that went through really silently is the selling of personal information to private companies - these companies that will sell your LA your info if you've got points added to your license.

Whilst I don't disagree with the principle - I don't think a private company should profit from it!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:56 am 

Didn't they try that, with the records GPs held, a few years ago?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:01 am 

toots wrote:

they do it now with DVLA records

http://www.intelligentdatasystems.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

they do it now with DVLA records

http://www.intelligentdatasystems.co.uk/

There's nothing like a bit of scare mongering to sell your service :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next