Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36907
Location: Wayneistan
toots wrote:

There's nothing like a bit of scare mongering to sell your service :lol:


yeah - I tend to associate minicabs and the rape hotline :evil: :lol:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
captain cab wrote:
The NHS has been virtually privatised for years - and new labour didn't stop it - indeed they encouraged it with the likes of PFI and trust status.

There is so much outsourced its difficult to work out where to start.

But let me have a little go and throw a few things into the ring;

Firstly the cleaning of hospitals - this is usually outsourced to private contactors - this has been really quite successful - it led to the superbugs such as msra etc - the off shoot is that even though you enter a hospital it maybe not your illness that kills you.

Secondly, things like hospital food - this is now privatised - no more hospital kitchens - saving money on staff - but theres a fair chance if you complain theres f*ck all chance of anything happening.

We could go on to medicine but that's been privatised via US pharmaceutical firms for years - via a completely silly patent system - after all - when people are ill there is a profit to be made.


Capt your right about new labour scum and privatising lots of it, but and its a big but this mob will if not stopped put the final nail in its coffin, personally i think they must be stopped, PFI was a fekking disgrace all down to that one eyed ponce Brown :evil: :evil:

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21574
Location: A City near Birmingham
TT hates Thatcher, hates the Tories, hates Labour/New Labour, hates UKIP, hates (oddly) a lot of unions, hates the Liberals....


so much hate in one tiny mind.....so sad....

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:31 pm
Posts: 12045
Location: Aberdeen
Nearly as much as you :lol:

_________________
Image
http://wingsoverscotland.com/ http://www.newsnetscotland.com/
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36907
Location: Wayneistan
trotskys twin wrote:
captain cab wrote:
The NHS has been virtually privatised for years - and new labour didn't stop it - indeed they encouraged it with the likes of PFI and trust status.

There is so much outsourced its difficult to work out where to start.

But let me have a little go and throw a few things into the ring;

Firstly the cleaning of hospitals - this is usually outsourced to private contactors - this has been really quite successful - it led to the superbugs such as msra etc - the off shoot is that even though you enter a hospital it maybe not your illness that kills you.

Secondly, things like hospital food - this is now privatised - no more hospital kitchens - saving money on staff - but theres a fair chance if you complain theres f*ck all chance of anything happening.

We could go on to medicine but that's been privatised via US pharmaceutical firms for years - via a completely silly patent system - after all - when people are ill there is a profit to be made.


Capt your right about new labour scum and privatising lots of it, but and its a big but this mob will if not stopped put the final nail in its coffin, personally i think they must be stopped, PFI was a fekking disgrace all down to that one eyed ponce Brown :evil: :evil:



Neither is new Labour "supporting" the National Health Service, but privatising it by stealth; by 2006-2007 private contracts will rise by 150 per cent.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/and ... er-service

Labour shackled the NHS to expensive PFI deals - Carlisle's new hospital was opened by Blair - a plumber colleague of mine spent 12 months repairing shoddy workmanship on the brand new hospital - of course the firm that did the original work had long since disappeared.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17313
captain cab wrote:
a plumber colleague of mine spent 12 months repairing shoddy workmanship on the brand new hospital.

How long would he have spent doing the work if had been for a private customer and not a Government one? :wink:

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36907
Location: Wayneistan
grandad wrote:
How long would he have spent doing the work if had been for a private customer and not a Government one? :wink:


:lol:

they sub contracted the work to him

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
Posts: 14137
Location: On the move
It’s being called backdoor NHS privatisation. And if we want to stop it, what happens in Parliament this week is crucial. Some Labour, Lib Dem and Green MPs have tabled a motion demanding the NHS privatisation plan be immediately withdrawn. [1] So far only 72 MPs have signed up. [2] We need to make that number grow, and quickly.

In the last few hours, the legal advice paid for by thousands of 38 Degrees members’ donations has come in. The verdict seems clear. If the government forces through these new NHS privatisation rules, it will mean ministers breaking promises they made last year when they said doctors wouldn't be forced to privatise everything. [3]

We’ve got the proof we need to show MPs that the government is breaking the promises made when the NHS law was forced through. Now we need to make sure every MP reads it, to convince them to sign the motion demanding these new privatisation rules are stopped.

If MPs hear from thousands of us we can make sure that they sign up to block backdoor privatisation. Can you click here to send an email asking them read our legal advice and oppose the plans?
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-broken-promises

The government says their ‘modernised’ NHS is supposed to be about giving more control to local doctors and communities. But under Jeremy Hunt’s new regulations, the government will force GPs to open up every part of local health services to private companies – whether or not it’s what they or local people want.

And it’s not just us saying this. On Sunday, the Observer newspaper reported an explosive letter from the head of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges to the health minister, outlining concerns that “healthcare will be disrupted and hospital services damaged as a result of time-consuming, disruptive and unnecessary tendering processes,” and that these new regulations are “at odds” with reassurances previously given to doctors. [6]

These are hardly the voices of radicals or political opportunists – so what’s it going to take for MPs to sit up, take notice and admit that something’s not right here? Let’s seize this moment and ask our MPs to listen to doctors, patients, legal experts and concerned constituents, before they make a big mistake:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-broken-promises

We can stop this now, if we try. In the past week we've grown our rapid-response petition to over 230,000 signatures. We’ve chipped in to pay for expert legal advice. Now let’s make the talk in the halls of Parliament on Monday be about how many voters are getting in touch about these broken promises. Together, we can help those wavering MPs to find some backbone, and help even the diehard supporters of privatisation to realise the game is up.
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-broken-promises


Thanks for using your voice,

David, James, Hannah and the 38 Degrees team


NOTES
[1] The motion was originally tabled by Green MP Caroline Lucas, but then re-tabled co-sponsored by Lib Dem Andrew George and Labour leader Ed Miliband.
[2] You can see the motion, and the latest signatures, here: http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/1104
[3] For example, Andrew Lansley sent a letter to prospective CCGs on 16th February 2012, during the height of the battle to get the Bill through parliament, in which he assured them, “I know many of you may have read that you will be forced to fragment services, or to put services out to tender. This is absolutely not the case." See http://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/nic ... eds-prayer
[4] https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-sec ... gal-advice
[5] Telegraph: Scrap NHS competition rules say 1000 in letter to Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... graph.html
[6] Guardian: Doctors bemoan NHS privatisation by stealth http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/ ... by-stealth

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
toots wrote:
It’s being called backdoor NHS privatisation. And if we want to stop it, what happens in Parliament this week is crucial. Some Labour, Lib Dem and Green MPs have tabled a motion demanding the NHS privatisation plan be immediately withdrawn. [1] So far only 72 MPs have signed up. [2] We need to make that number grow, and quickly.

In the last few hours, the legal advice paid for by thousands of 38 Degrees members’ donations has come in. The verdict seems clear. If the government forces through these new NHS privatisation rules, it will mean ministers breaking promises they made last year when they said doctors wouldn't be forced to privatise everything. [3]

We’ve got the proof we need to show MPs that the government is breaking the promises made when the NHS law was forced through. Now we need to make sure every MP reads it, to convince them to sign the motion demanding these new privatisation rules are stopped.

If MPs hear from thousands of us we can make sure that they sign up to block backdoor privatisation. Can you click here to send an email asking them read our legal advice and oppose the plans?
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-broken-promises

The government says their ‘modernised’ NHS is supposed to be about giving more control to local doctors and communities. But under Jeremy Hunt’s new regulations, the government will force GPs to open up every part of local health services to private companies – whether or not it’s what they or local people want.

And it’s not just us saying this. On Sunday, the Observer newspaper reported an explosive letter from the head of the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges to the health minister, outlining concerns that “healthcare will be disrupted and hospital services damaged as a result of time-consuming, disruptive and unnecessary tendering processes,” and that these new regulations are “at odds” with reassurances previously given to doctors. [6]

These are hardly the voices of radicals or political opportunists – so what’s it going to take for MPs to sit up, take notice and admit that something’s not right here? Let’s seize this moment and ask our MPs to listen to doctors, patients, legal experts and concerned constituents, before they make a big mistake:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-broken-promises

We can stop this now, if we try. In the past week we've grown our rapid-response petition to over 230,000 signatures. We’ve chipped in to pay for expert legal advice. Now let’s make the talk in the halls of Parliament on Monday be about how many voters are getting in touch about these broken promises. Together, we can help those wavering MPs to find some backbone, and help even the diehard supporters of privatisation to realise the game is up.
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-broken-promises


Thanks for using your voice,

David, James, Hannah and the 38 Degrees team


NOTES
[1] The motion was originally tabled by Green MP Caroline Lucas, but then re-tabled co-sponsored by Lib Dem Andrew George and Labour leader Ed Miliband.
[2] You can see the motion, and the latest signatures, here: http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2012-13/1104
[3] For example, Andrew Lansley sent a letter to prospective CCGs on 16th February 2012, during the height of the battle to get the Bill through parliament, in which he assured them, “I know many of you may have read that you will be forced to fragment services, or to put services out to tender. This is absolutely not the case." See http://www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/nic ... eds-prayer
[4] https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-sec ... gal-advice
[5] Telegraph: Scrap NHS competition rules say 1000 in letter to Telegraph http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healt ... graph.html
[6] Guardian: Doctors bemoan NHS privatisation by stealth http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/ ... by-stealth



glad you posted that up toots i posted it too admin but they did not put it up :evil: :evil:

would advise all to read and sign this immediately =D> =D> =D>

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
Posts: 14137
Location: On the move
Further updates from 38degrees plus a rather sad story that appeared in the Guardian if you follow the link, the story concludes with the knowledge that 5 family doctors became millionaires, so all in all there is some good news in the privatisation fiasco :roll:



My name is Linda. I'm a long-standing 38 Degrees member, and I'm sending this email because I know first hand why it matters so much to stop the privatisation of our NHS.

On Friday afternoon, I will deliver a copy of the petition against NHS privatisation – which you and I have both signed – to the Health Minister.

When I hand the petition over, I will tell the Health Minister about what happened to my baby. He died when he was just seven weeks old whilst receiving care from my GP out-of-hours service – which had been recently privatised.

Can you help me have as many names as possible to hand in on Friday afternoon, by forwarding this email to as many of your friends as possible asking them to sign it too?

They can sign by simply clicking this link and adding their names:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75

Last week was a hard one for me. It was the inquest into the death of my baby son, Axel. He died last November from pneumonia. His illness went untreated despite repeated calls and visits over the course of five days to my NHS out-of-hours doctors' service, which had been recently privatised.

I feel the inquest left many of the biggest questions unanswered – like what role NHS privatisation may have played in the mistakes which led to the death of my baby boy.

After hearing evidence of how that private health contractor had acted, I feel determined to do all I can to stop further privatisation of our NHS. That’s why I’ve decided to get more involved with 38 Degrees, and why I'm going to see the Health Minister this Friday. I’d really appreciate it you could help me get more names on the petition before I meet him.

Please, pass this email on, and ask your friends to sign the petition for this important campaign:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75

We had a bit of a breakthrough with this campaign yesterday. The government announced that because of all the pressure they would withdraw and rewrite their NHS privatisation regulations. The petition which I'd signed, along with 240,000 other 38 Degrees members, was mentioned in Parliament. That shows we can make a difference.

But I remember, as I'm sure that you will, that when the government promises to rewrite a plan, that doesn't necessarily mean that the new version will be any better than the old one. We need to make sure they genuinely drop any attempt to force GPs to open up services to privatisation.

I would love to have as many signatures as possible by Friday afternoon when I visit the Health Minister. Please pass this message on to anyone you think might be interested: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75


Thank you.

Linda


PS: You can read more about what happened to my baby in this piece in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/ ... ther-fight But please sign the petition first: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36907
Location: Wayneistan
profit before people :sad:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
Posts: 14137
Location: On the move
captain cab wrote:
profit before people :sad:


Unfortunately, I'm sure there are parts of the NHS that could safely be privatised but I don't think emergency care is one of them.

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
toots wrote:
Further updates from 38degrees plus a rather sad story that appeared in the Guardian if you follow the link, the story concludes with the knowledge that 5 family doctors became millionaires, so all in all there is some good news in the privatisation fiasco :roll:



My name is Linda. I'm a long-standing 38 Degrees member, and I'm sending this email because I know first hand why it matters so much to stop the privatisation of our NHS.

On Friday afternoon, I will deliver a copy of the petition against NHS privatisation – which you and I have both signed – to the Health Minister.

When I hand the petition over, I will tell the Health Minister about what happened to my baby. He died when he was just seven weeks old whilst receiving care from my GP out-of-hours service – which had been recently privatised.

Can you help me have as many names as possible to hand in on Friday afternoon, by forwarding this email to as many of your friends as possible asking them to sign it too?

They can sign by simply clicking this link and adding their names:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75

Last week was a hard one for me. It was the inquest into the death of my baby son, Axel. He died last November from pneumonia. His illness went untreated despite repeated calls and visits over the course of five days to my NHS out-of-hours doctors' service, which had been recently privatised.

I feel the inquest left many of the biggest questions unanswered – like what role NHS privatisation may have played in the mistakes which led to the death of my baby boy.

After hearing evidence of how that private health contractor had acted, I feel determined to do all I can to stop further privatisation of our NHS. That’s why I’ve decided to get more involved with 38 Degrees, and why I'm going to see the Health Minister this Friday. I’d really appreciate it you could help me get more names on the petition before I meet him.

Please, pass this email on, and ask your friends to sign the petition for this important campaign:
https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75

We had a bit of a breakthrough with this campaign yesterday. The government announced that because of all the pressure they would withdraw and rewrite their NHS privatisation regulations. The petition which I'd signed, along with 240,000 other 38 Degrees members, was mentioned in Parliament. That shows we can make a difference.

But I remember, as I'm sure that you will, that when the government promises to rewrite a plan, that doesn't necessarily mean that the new version will be any better than the old one. We need to make sure they genuinely drop any attempt to force GPs to open up services to privatisation.

I would love to have as many signatures as possible by Friday afternoon when I visit the Health Minister. Please pass this message on to anyone you think might be interested: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75


Thank you.

Linda


PS: You can read more about what happened to my baby in this piece in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/ ... ther-fight But please sign the petition first: https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/nhs-section75


This is privitization in operation.personally would never let ANY private company into the NHS beware what happend to Linda could happen to you if WE dont stop this Government.

Glad you posted that up toots =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17313
toots wrote:
His illness went untreated despite repeated calls and visits over the course of five days to my NHS out-of-hours doctors' service, which had been recently privatised.


Interesting that there is no mention of trying to contact her GP at any time during the five days or a visit to A&E. Just the out of hours service. :?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Privatizing the NHS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 21574
Location: A City near Birmingham
grandad wrote:
toots wrote:
His illness went untreated despite repeated calls and visits over the course of five days to my NHS out-of-hours doctors' service, which had been recently privatised.


Interesting that there is no mention of trying to contact her GP at any time during the five days or a visit to A&E. Just the out of hours service. :?


mum was probably at work...... :roll:

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group