Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 11333
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
My objection is that this privatised cartel are KILLING people in order to load up their shareholders earnings, Nationalise it without compansation and run it for good of the NATION not dirty fekking shareholders is what I want

Most of the shares are owned by pension funds so NO why should my hard earned money which has been paid into these pension funds be wiped out I need it to provide me with some sort of pension when i can finally afford to retire !

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36907
Location: Wayneistan
edders23 wrote:
My objection is that this privatised cartel are KILLING people in order to load up their shareholders earnings, Nationalise it without compansation and run it for good of the NATION not dirty fekking shareholders is what I want

Most of the shares are owned by pension funds so NO why should my hard earned money which has been paid into these pension funds be wiped out I need it to provide me with some sort of pension when i can finally afford to retire !



=D> =D>

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:22 pm
Posts: 14137
Location: On the move
gusmac wrote:
Not food or public transport?


Nah if the utilities are cheap then there should be money for food and public transport. Food is not that expensive if you cook from scratch and not buy convenience food :wink: Public transport is not essential as such when you've got legs :D

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 17313
edders23 wrote:
My objection is that this privatised cartel are KILLING people in order to load up their shareholders earnings, Nationalise it without compansation and run it for good of the NATION not dirty fekking shareholders is what I want

Most of the shares are owned by pension funds so NO why should my hard earned money which has been paid into these pension funds be wiped out I need it to provide me with some sort of pension when i can finally afford to retire !

The quote from TT in the first paragraph needs to be shown as his quote because I thought you were contradicting yourself. :wink:

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2951
Location: Over here!
Quote:
I want to see a General Strike to rid us of this Government,



I illustrated tactics earlier on that do not work i.e Bin Laden! The above quote is similar and did more damage to the miners than anything when "Scargill" stood up and said................"I want to bring this Government down"! in doing so he lost the support of the country. It is no good being dismissive of people until you can show that you have learnt from the mistakes of others.

Most of us in the Cities/Small Towns/Villages etc, will know that the population outside of London are exceptionally short of leisure money. It is also a proven fact that a high percentage of the population are unable to save any money - basically because they are living from hand to mouth. The point I am trying to make is that 1. The Trade Unions do not hold the sway over people like they did in the past, and 2. The population have no reserves to draw on to take part in any "General Strike", ( If you have ever been on strike, I can tell you that it is VERY expensive) 3. You would never muster enough people to go on any strike, and most certainly not one that would include an agenda stating......................we are outing this Government.

Want you want and what you get are two different things - you are now shackled by "Laws" that the Trade Unions stood by and allowed to happen. A GENERAL STRIKE.................would probably land you in Guantanamo clink, so back to the drawing board as you need more modern day tactics.

I am not telling you what would work! just what would not :wink:

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
toots wrote:
TT wrote:
of course if your happy with that scenario perhaps you can explain WHY I would find your explanation very interesting :D


I haven't expressed happiness at any scenario so I don't feel the need to explain why you would find anything I say interesting, unfortunately for you that won't stop me saying it :lol: As I have said previously I think essential needs should be state owned.


Toots note the IF #-o #-o

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
cabby john wrote:
Quote:
I want to see a General Strike to rid us of this Government,



I illustrated tactics earlier on that do not work i.e Bin Laden! The above quote is similar and did more damage to the miners than anything when "Scargill" stood up and said................"I want to bring this Government down"! in doing so he lost the support of the country. It is no good being dismissive of people until you can show that you have learnt from the mistakes of others.

Most of us in the Cities/Small Towns/Villages etc, will know that the population outside of London are exceptionally short of leisure money. It is also a proven fact that a high percentage of the population are unable to save any money - basically because they are living from hand to mouth. The point I am trying to make is that 1. The Trade Unions do not hold the sway over people like they did in the past, and 2. The population have no reserves to draw on to take part in any "General Strike", ( If you have ever been on strike, I can tell you that it is VERY expensive) 3. You would never muster enough people to go on any strike, and most certainly not one that would include an agenda stating......................we are outing this Government.

Want you want and what you get are two different things - you are now shackled by "Laws" that the Trade Unions stood by and allowed to happen. A GENERAL STRIKE.................would probably land you in Guantanamo clink, so back to the drawing board as you need more modern day tactics.



I am not telling you what would work! just what would not :wink:


Your usual blairite twaddle ffs

2 questions
1. does this government need stopping in its appalling attacks on the population of this country?
2, how would you do it ??????

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2951
Location: Over here!
Quote:
I am not telling you what would work! just what would not


What you are suggesting is old hat and would definitely NOT get the support that you would want for a general strike.


It would need leadership from the front i.e "Trade Unions", and for a number of them to get together as "one" and formulate a course of action that between them that could/would paralyse the City of London. London is the hub of the U.K, you can see that by the very fact that they are STILL trying to protect the Bankers bonuses - stop London and you hurt them where it hurts, in the pocket...........money,money, money, that is all that they care about - not you - not me.


You are the man that is ranting - so show your leadership qualities, and come up with something original.

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
cabby john wrote:
Quote:
I am not telling you what would work! just what would not


What you are suggesting is old hat and would definitely NOT get the support that you would want for a general strike.


It would need leadership from the front i.e "Trade Unions", and for a number of them to get together as "one" and formulate a course of action that between them that could/would paralyse the City of London. London is the hub of the U.K, you can see that by the very fact that they are STILL trying to protect the Bankers bonuses - stop London and you hurt them where it hurts, in the pocket...........money,money, money, that is all that they care about - not you - not me.


You are the man that is ranting - so show your leadership qualities, and come up with something original.


Ranting nah debating mush stop london no prob thats easy stop the banks operating? how? do we invade the banks physically and disable the technology I'm up for it of course but how long before the Police and the army storm in??? Or maybe its through power cuts?

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2951
Location: Over here!
OK debating.


As I said it would require the Unions to act as one. Power cuts, fuel stoppages, Airlines out ( stopping people coming and going), Telecommunications, in fact anything to do with transport/communication i.e Transport Union, 20,000 London cabbies grid locking the roads etc.

Quote:
how long before the Police and the army storm in


The Police are no friends of this lot - and what Army are you on about!!! Joking aside, they would not be able to cover what has been mentioned. Fuel would probably be sorted by them, but the rest is pretty much specialist. You do not need the rest of the country as you did in the past i.e Docks, Steel works, Miners, Car workers etc - all gone in case you have not noticed.

Unfortunately before you could action most of what has been mentioned, you would have to sort out the " Trade Unions"!!

That would mean that they have to show that they mean business - No more accepting of grants money i.e (KEEP THEM QUIET MONEY). :roll:

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
cabby john wrote:
OK debating.


As I said it would require the Unions to act as one. Power cuts, fuel stoppages, Airlines out ( stopping people coming and going), Telecommunications, in fact anything to do with transport/communication i.e Transport Union, 20,000 London cabbies grid locking the roads etc.

Quote:
how long before the Police and the army storm in


The Police are no friends of this lot - and what Army are you on about!!! Joking aside, they would not be able to cover what has been mentioned. Fuel would probably be sorted by them, but the rest is pretty much specialist. You do not need the rest of the country as you did in the past i.e Docks, Steel works, Miners, Car workers etc - all gone in case you have not noticed.

Unfortunately before you could action most of what has been mentioned, you would have to sort out the " Trade Unions"!!

That would mean that they have to show that they mean business - No more accepting of grants money i.e (KEEP THEM QUIET MONEY). :roll:




You know what John your getting there, lets answer ARMY at Wapping during our dispute with Murdoch many so called fylllth were running about calling each other SARGe and Corp, strange behavior for fylllthys ??? Obviously they were Army in fylllllllthys uniform and although their no friends of this govt on some issues rest assured they would line up aginst the workers every time !!

Sort out the Trade Unions, agreed many today have forgotten their reason for existing still polluted with Blairite thinking but its changing reckon the oncoming election in Unite could see a proper Lefty get elected lets hope so.

Puzzled about this keep you quite money whats that????

By the way theres still over 40000 employed in the Car industry although the companies are mainly foreign owned!!

finally no doubt we could count on hundreds of thousands from Wales to come into london and help us stuff these Tory vermin who you seem to agree need removing :!:

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2951
Location: Over here!
Quote:
Puzzled about this keep you quite money whats that????



I cannot fathom out as to why your/my opposition would wish to contribute money to what is basically an enemy of the establishment i.e the " Trade Unions" in the form of grants, substantial amounts at that. It is akin to the enemy giving money to their enemy for them to "Keep the Natives Quiet".............I cannot see any other reason.



Quote:
finally no doubt we could count on hundreds of thousands from Wales to come into London and help us stuff these Tory vermin who you seem to agree need removing


Even after decades of suppression, there is still fight in the Welsh against those who wish to thieve, and line there own pockets at the expense of the working person. As to whether you could put enough belief in them to follow you to London - that is another story.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... B_UDDO0gNg



http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -32935531/

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6620
cabby john wrote:
Quote:
Puzzled about this keep you quite money whats that????



I cannot fathom out as to why your/my opposition would wish to contribute money to what is basically an enemy of the establishment i.e the " Trade Unions" in the form of grants, substantial amounts at that. It is akin to the enemy giving money to their enemy for them to "Keep the Natives Quiet".............I cannot see any other reason.



Quote:
finally no doubt we could count on hundreds of thousands from Wales to come into London and help us stuff these Tory vermin who you seem to agree need removing


Even after decades of suppression, there is still fight in the Welsh against those who wish to thieve, and line there own pockets at the expense of the working person. As to whether you could put enough belief in them to follow you to London - that is another story.

Cant follow your piece on grants what grants to who from who when.

funnily enough Caerphilly is a place where there are some determined Union members well up for a knuckle in the cab industry surprising enough :D as well as local government I am pleased to know them =D> =D> =D>

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... B_UDDO0gNg



http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... -32935531/

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: ENERGY PROFITS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2951
Location: Over here!
Quote:
Cant follow your piece on grants what grants to who from who when.


There are too many to paste up - just google it and it will come under grants/tax payers money ( which is as we know - Government cash). It is hidden under many guises and possibilities, but in reality they can do what they want with it.

Just a small example/extract drawn from a parliamentary meeting pasted below. Paragraph 3. they refer to it as subsidies, you can call it what you will.................But! why are they getting it.

The "Tax Payers Alliance" are up in arms about the Unions getting tax payers monies ( which is as we know - Government cash),..............we cannot all be wrong in our thoughts.

I would like to see the transparency in it, as to why the money goes in - and where it goes...................not that I think for one minute that they should be getting any money from the Government, it smacks of corruption.


29 Feb 2012 : Column 80WH

9.55 am

Robert Halfon (Harlow) (Con): I congratulate my hon. Friend the Member for Congleton (Fiona Bruce) on obtaining the debate. I am a member of Prospect trade union, and it does not give me any money for political campaigning, but I am publishing a pamphlet with Demos in the next couple of weeks, on relations between the unions and the Conservative party, and am deeply interested in the issue.

I want to make three points. First, I believe that it is wrong to lump all trade unions together. Secondly, as the hon. Member for Aberdeen North (Mr Doran) said, the Conservative party has a long history of co-operation with unions, on which we should build. Thirdly, we should do more to support the moderate majority of trade union members, most of whom are not political activists.

It is true that some trade unions get subsidies from the Government, as do banks. Yet many unions are, we should acknowledge, capitalist institutions, offering services that are intended directly to replace state provision, such as private health care. The market comparison website privatemedicalinsurance.co.uk shows that the Labour-affiliated union Unison has recently encouraged its members to join private health care schemes such as Medicash.

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group