Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Whats the point
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:44 am 

sasha wrote:
I just think that on a taxi forum the majority of topics should be taxi related. If I wanted to read rants about politics I'd visit a political forum.

I've stopped reading the political threads unless there's something in the title that grabs my attention, but I also feel compelled to read them all in case I miss out on something interesting ! :-|

The majority of topics ARE taxi related, pages and pages of them. So many pages they tend to repeat themselves. I think it is refreshing to have a debate about something different. Lets be honest here, I reckon the next most interesting thing to appear on here regarding taxis will be what the LC come up with. That's not to say that other interesting taxi stories won't appear, but, they may well be the 'same 'ole, same 'ole :wink: You say you feel compelled to read all the political threads in case you miss something, perhaps it is that your interest is spiked, just a little bit. Why not have your say about what you think, you never know you may enjoy it :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm 

Just talking about the "Job", whatever "Job" you do, shows a very limited mind! The variation of topics opens your/my mind to other ideas, things that you/me will not have thought about.

Politics is boring to some, basically because of a lack of understanding. However a willingness to watch/take part and you will open your mind to a very interesting topic = your/my Country + The World........................and not just the inside of a cab!

Other that that if you do not want to take part, then just like many wish to stay on the light side of life, do not read the "Times" newspaper, read the "Sun".

I am happy with the decision to have a political section, as there is something for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:03 pm 

cabby john wrote:
Just talking about the "Job", whatever "Job" you do, shows a very limited mind! The variation of topics opens your/my mind to other ideas, things that you/me will not have thought about.

Politics is boring to some, basically because of a lack of understanding. However a willingness to watch/take part and you will open your mind to a very interesting topic = your/my Country + The World........................and not just the inside of a cab!

Other that that if you do not want to take part, then just like many wish to stay on the light side of life, do not read the "Times" newspaper, read the "Sun".

I am happy with the decision to have a political section, one as there is something for everyone.

Well said john but the sun or the times ? Feck sake get a grip
and read something decent :D The Mail :D