Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:22 pm 

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/30/financial-crisis-looms-addiction-cash-injection

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:54 pm 

toots wrote:

And the article ends by saying;

All of these stirrings may amount to little, especially given the weakened state of trade unions, except in a few countries, and the failure of the parties on the left of centre to come up with a coherent alternative vision. But politics is unpredictable. Five years after the crisis, the real battle for the future of capitalism may be only just beginning.

Another silly Guardian article.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 pm 

Sussex wrote:

Want to bomb them as well? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:59 am 

gusmac wrote:
Sussex wrote:

Want to bomb them as well? :lol:

I think a simple puff of wind would blow those pansies over.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:11 pm 

Quote:
The British are (overly) patient people, but they may change their mind when the full extent of budget cuts unfolds in the coming months.

FFS..that'll get TT reaching for his Copy of Dr Zhivago on Betamax and a Packet of Red tissues to stop him staining the settee with sticky globules of Wrist induced Tapioca.

Up the Revolution!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:26 pm 

The Guardian or Mail mmm..... Still suprises me how many people read the Mail,its utter [edited by admin].

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:51 pm 

blackpool wrote:
The Guardian or Mail mmm..... Still suprises me how many people read the Mail,its utter [edited by admin].

It would not be the popular paper that it is if a lot of people did not like it....it's better than those Redtops that are full of photos and that have more Nipples on show than a 1963 Commer Van has.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
blackpool wrote:

It would not be the popular paper that it is if a lot of people did not like it....it's better than those Redtops that are full of photos and that have more Nipples on show than a 1963 Commer Van has.

Id rather look at tit s than read the mail thats for sure,its clever in that it targets people who think they are middle class so they can sneer at people below them... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 pm 

blackpool wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
blackpool wrote:

Id rather look at tit s than read the mail thats for sure,its clever in that it targets people who think they are middle class so they can sneer at people below them... :roll:

No, it's now't to do with sneering at anybody, the Mail is in many ways sympathetic to what the General Public actually think on things such as Migration, the EU and Government. It has it's share of Tits in it but they usually hang out at Westminster.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:42 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
blackpool wrote:

Telling people what they want to hear is always more popular than the truth. Speaks volumes about people. #-o

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:08 pm 

gusmac wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
blackpool wrote:

Telling people what they want to hear is always more popular than the truth. Speaks volumes about people. #-o

You got it all arse for tit....reflecting what people think is what it should be about, no business can succeed on contradicting the general publics views regardless of what line of business it's in.

The truth as you say should be outed, but you seem to think Truth should be in the domain of the minority only and that the Majority is incapable of understanding what the truth may or may not be...I think the Mails as truthful or untruthful as any other newspaper.

What is TRUTH anyway, it's a rather Glib word, it's only one persons Interpretation of the facts over another's, what you think of as Truthfully the best outcome for the country may well be different to what I truthfully believe it to be. Truth should come from an inner personal belief, regardless of what paper you read to while away the morning.

At the end of the day its about Circulations and profits...no matter what the paper is.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:27 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

You got it all arse for tit....reflecting what people think is what it should be about, no business can succeed on contradicting the general publics views regardless of what line of business it's in.

The truth as you say should be outed, but you seem to think Truth should be in the domain of the minority only and that the Majority is incapable of understanding what the truth may or may not be...I think the Mails as truthful or untruthful as any other newspaper.

What is TRUTH anyway, it's a rather Glib word, it's only one persons Interpretation of the facts over another's, what you think of as Truthfully the best outcome for the country may well be different to what I truthfully believe it to be. Truth should come from an inner personal belief, regardless of what paper you read to while away the morning.

At the end of the day its about Circulations and profits...no matter what the paper is.

You seem to be having trouble differentiating between truth and opinion. #-o You've been reading that Mail too long. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:13 pm 

Sympathetic and the Mail dont go,more like trying to scare its readers(sheep) into the anti immagration and blaming the EU on everything else.It wouldnt know a truth if it saw one.Mostly read by women aswell which is another strange one :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:01 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Sympathetic and the Mail dont go,more like trying to scare its readers(sheep) into the anti immagration and blaming the EU on everything else.It wouldnt know a truth if it saw one.Mostly read by women aswell which is another strange one :D

Anyone with half a Brain cell would see half our Woes come about because of the EU and the other half of our Woes come about from unchecked inward Migration..

You do not need a Newspaper to realise that, just look out the door or try and do anything to better your lot and you'll realise your competing with an unstoppable plague of migrating locusts who'll strip the country bare of all sustainable resources before they return back to their breeding grounds because there will be bugger all left here to be had, and all this Sanctioned and promoted by some money grabbing, gravy train riding EU Politician or Eurocrat.

Come on Mail..save us from such a Plague.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:15 pm 

You really buy into that enoch,i mean bloodnock ? There taking all our jobs,money ect ect.
One for you ....
A Banker, a Teacher and an Immigrant are sitting at a table on which sits a plate with ten biscuits on it. While the Teacher and Immigrant are deep in conversation, the Banker stuffs nine of the biscuits into his mouth and pockets. He then leans over and whispers into the ear of the Teacher:

“Watch out. That Immigrant is after your biscuit :D