Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:29 am 

MR T wrote:
I voted out, I've wanted to get out for years. What annoys me are the remoaners that keep saying that I have been conned over Brexit and didn't understand what I was voting for. What I totally understand is that by leaving we will have to honour millions of pounds worth of commitments that we previously signed up for and that sorting out trade deals etc. will take time, but if in the meantime we can leave and take back control of our laws and start dealing with terrorists without European law interfering, then I will be happy. If we can stem the excessive burdens placed on the NHS caused by health tourism, the strain on local councils with regard to housing, doctors' surgeries, dentists and all the rest, caused by unlimited immigration which is under the name of asylum seekers, then this also will make me very happy. If we can take control of the foreign aid programme and stop paying for air strips which planes can't land on, and donations to India which is the equivalent to the money they spend on their space programme, we might be able to start putting money back into this country for the benefit of its citizens and still have money left over for the genuine asylum seekers and refugees, and still be in a position to provide for the genuine disasters which occur in the world. We all know a lot more could be said.

When the referendum debate was going on I don't remember a single leave person saying anything along the lines of " we will be instantly better off financialy." or other frases along similar lines. It was made perfectly clear that if we left the country would be worse off for a while. (no time limit) So yes, it also annoys me when politicians now say that nobody voted to be worse off. Bo11ocks! every one knew and voted how they thought fit.
I voted remain but I have never once complained about the resuly. I have accepted it and I get really pi55ed of at the MPs who are now saying we should remain.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:32 am 

edders23 wrote:

three months in which to hold either a leadership challenge

I note that you posted this around 24 hours AFTER the Tory party voted to keep Teresa May for the next 12 months.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm 

Quote:
When the referendum debate was going on I don't remember a single leave person saying anything along the lines of " we will be instantly better off financialy." or other frases along similar lines. It was made perfectly clear that if we left the country would be worse off for a while.

Spot on.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:01 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
The news now seems to be every day more and more companies moving from the UK to Germany to avoid the customs deadlock we are now going to be completely screwed or accept the worst possible deal. Why because whereas in countries like Holland they have recruited 1000 s of extra customs personnel we seem to think that that is impossible :roll:

first of all we used incompetent negotiators now we have a PM who hasn't a clue what shes doing and and almost certainly the UK will become the worst place in the world to be in business in 2019

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 pm 

edders23 wrote:

first of all we used incompetent negotiators now we have a PM who hasn't a clue what shes doing and and almost certainly the UK will become the worst place in the world to be in business in 2019

Were you present at the negotiations? I think the PM knows exactly what she is doing. She is doing what some would say she should have done a while ago. There is a workable deal on the table that fulfills the criteria to leave but for political reasons some MPs are not going to back it thinking they can either stop Brexit or re-negotiate a different deal. The PM made it clear that if we couldn;t get a good deal we would leave without a deal. So the ball is firmly in the court of the people who are oposing the deal to either agree it or leave without it.
Don't forget most, if not all the people who voted to leave were happy for a no deal outcome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:26 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
If she'd got it right the deal would have gone through !!!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:13 pm 

edders23 wrote:
If she'd got it right the deal would have gone through !!!

Have you not noticed that MPs are using the situation to score political points. Labour are not supporting the deal because they think that by opposing it they can force a general election and nothing more.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:45 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:55 pm 

https://independencedaily.co.uk/brexit- ... nt-page-1/

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=li ... ORM=VRDGAR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:05 pm 

I guess this thread is redundant now

thank feck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:02 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
I guess this thread is redundant now

thank feck

The bit that has pleased me most is that those who voted leave in 2016 haven't really changed their view in the last three years.

The bit that has royally pi**ed me off is the utter contempt parliament had for those that voted leave in 2016.

However the people have won. =D>

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:02 pm 

Leave voters were thick stupid and didn't know what we were doing!,according to the 'better than thou ' politicians.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:29 pm 

rayggb wrote:
Leave voters were thick stupid and didn't know what we were doing!,according to the 'better than thou ' politicians.

and lots of those politicians are now ex-politicians

"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:40 pm 

Sussex wrote:
The bit that has pleased me most is that those who voted leave in 2016 haven't really changed their view in the last three years.

The bit that has royally pi**ed me off is the utter contempt, The Previous parliament had for those that voted leave in 2016.

However the people have won. =D>

Corrected.
=D> =D> =D>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next