Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:32 am 

Being told what to do by boneheads in Brussels really gets my back up. What people fail to realise is that thousands of men gave their lives so we could be free of a whole Europe, 70 years later the UK Government are whoring the UK to them. I bet some of the old Soldiers who lost their lives are turning in their graves.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:48 am 

Camerons wonder deal will be a disaster, the whole trouble with the EU is that whatever it looks like your going to get you don't get and whatever you do not think your going to get you end up with, it's all down to clever bureaurocrats having their EU lawyers putting in innocuous looking clauses into their agreements which turn things in the EU's favour as soon as you try and apply any deal you think your getting, It's deliberately written in EU weighted Eurobabble to ride roughshod over democracy and sovereignty of it's members...when you think you can you can't.

It's a sleekit devious organisation that you can only get the better of if your not a part of it as the EU's will will always prevail.

Don't be conned folks..vote to leave the EU before the concrete slippers of EU federalism drowns you and your families future rights to a democratic freedom for the rest of time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:18 am 

cabby john wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
In the event of us leaving the EU i'll sort of miss having something to despise, still, I guess I'd rather despise them from the outside looking in than from the Inside looking out.

The SNP are coming across as very mixed up! Campaigning one minute to break away from the U.K. and yet wanting to belong to the EU, which is not a given if the breakaway ever happens.

Indeed, they despise being controlled by Westminster, but are quite happy to roll over and take it up the rear from Brussels.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:12 am 

bloodnock wrote:
Camerons wonder deal will be a disaster, the whole trouble with the EU is that whatever it looks like your going to get you don't get and whatever you do not think your going to get you end up with, it's all down to clever bureaurocrats having their EU lawyers putting in innocuous looking clauses into their agreements which turn things in the EU's favour as soon as you try and apply any deal you think your getting, It's deliberately written in EU weighted Eurobabble to ride roughshod over democracy and sovereignty of it's members...when you think you can you can't.

It's a sleekit devious organisation that you can only get the better of if your not a part of it as the EU's will will always prevail.

Don't be conned folks..vote to leave the EU before the concrete slippers of EU federalism drowns you and your families future rights to a democratic freedom for the rest of time.

The EU can renege on the deal at anytime, the country might choose to stay in the EU, Brussels could turn round and say, we aren't going to allow your new deal. That means we'll be fucked and still in the EU.

They are a very dangerous organisation who are after doing the UK over in a very big way indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:14 pm 

Quote:
I do not see as to how the 2/3 are linked to the EU being undemocratic ! The EU are bankrupt/unaudited/corrupt - I do not see the link.

The UK is undemocratic - UKIP got 4 million votes in the last election for 1 seat in the commons.

The UK is effectively borrowing money each day to survive - that's bankruptcy.

We are in control of our tax - yet we allow the likes of google to take the p*ss.

If you want to point to corruption - we are world leaders in it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:05 pm 

captain cab wrote:
We are in control of our tax - yet we allow the likes of google to take the p*ss.

Only because they use EU laws that allow them to use Ireland as a low tax base.

If we leave the EU then they will have to pay tax based on their profits here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:58 pm 

Please don't tell me the EU is corrupt - this country is equally corrupt.

In 2012 Steve Hilton former director of strategy for David Cameron left as the Publicity guy for the Conservatives https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Hilton

In 2012 the government decided to start the deregulation of the Taxi and PH industry (to become the Deregulation Act 2015)

Steve takes a break - http://metro.co.uk/2012/03/02/david-cam ... al-340541/

Rachel Whetstone, is married to Steve Hilton and Senior Vice-President of Policy and Communications at Uber. their kids have the godparent that happens to be David Cameron https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Whetstone

Whetstone is married to Steve Hilton whom she met after an affair with William Astor, 4th Viscount Astor (stepfather to Samantha Cameron), in the lead-up to the 2005 election

Rachel Whetstone used to work for the conservatives before moving to Google, she is Senior Vice-President of Policy and Communications at Uber.

The couple were godparents to David Cameron's son Ivan, who died at the age of six.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:57 pm 

OMG

Rachel Whetstone, Senior Vice-President of Policy and Communications at Uber, had an affair with William Astor, 4th Viscount Astor (stepfather to Samantha Cameron) the Prime Ministers wife?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:19 pm 

will there still be a ukip when we are out the EU..not in equals no money....no Ministers...no pay and expenses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:25 pm 

captain cab wrote:
OMG

Rachel Whetstone, Senior Vice-President of Policy and Communications at Uber, had an affair with William Astor, 4th Viscount Astor (stepfather to Samantha Cameron) the Prime Ministers wife?

W G A F

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:14 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

Only because they use EU laws that allow them to use Ireland as a low tax base.

If we leave the EU then they will have to pay tax based on their profits here.

I don't think you are correct with this.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:25 am 

I think this puts it all into perspective

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/our_case

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:06 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
My personal feeling is that in the short term it will damage the uk economy but my biggest concern is that immigration from EU countries is less than half the total the majority are coming from Africa and the Asia and I can't see how leaving the EU will have any impact on that we need a much more robust immigration policy to deal with NON EU migrants

My other concern is would we still keep eu emission regulations or even adopt more stringent ones bearing in mind the current governments imposition on far stricter controls on coal fired power stations forcing them all to close could we see a similar situation with vehicles

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:08 pm 

edders23 wrote:
My personal feeling is that in the short term it will damage the uk economy but my biggest concern is that immigration from EU countries is less than half the total the majority are coming from Africa and the Asia and I can't see how leaving the EU will have any impact on that we need a much more robust immigration policy to deal with NON EU migrants

My other concern is would we still keep eu emission regulations or even adopt more stringent ones bearing in mind the current governments imposition on far stricter controls on coal fired power stations forcing them all to close could we see a similar situation with vehicles

It will only damage our economy if we don't negotiate trade deals with the rest of the world like Iceland and Norway have done. They seem to be doing OK, we can still remain in the EU but without the stupid restrictions, Norway and Iceland are members of the European Free Trade Association, we can be like them but without the hassle of immigrants and the £56million a day we pay the EU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:32 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:
edders23 wrote:

It will only damage our economy if we don't negotiate trade deals with the rest of the world like Iceland and Norway have done. They seem to be doing OK, we can still remain in the EU but without the stupid restrictions, Norway and Iceland are members of the European Free Trade Association, we can be like them but without the hassle of immigrants and the £56million a day we pay the EU

You need to read up on the trade agreement that Norway has with the EU. They DO have to pay towards the EU and they DO have to allow free movement of workers from the EU. If we negotiate a deal similar to Norway it will mean that we still take Euro migrants and contribute around half the ammount that we do now and still have to abide by eu laws on every trade deal and have absolutkly no imput into anything that may affect us in the future. And you think that is a good deal. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next