Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:54 pm 

edders23 wrote:
The one thing that concerns me is if we leave and that causes a mini recession we will be the first to suffer

They said that in 2000 when we didn't adopt the Euro, they said "we'll be down and out in two years begging to adopt the Euro." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What happened? The Euro went belly up and has stayed down there ever since. How many EU countries have had a bailout?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:12 pm 

grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:
The one thing that concerns me is if we leave and that causes a mini recession we will be the first to suffer

Just like a plane leaving an Aircraft carrier it'll dip slightly just before It soars into the Bright blue Yonder...Extract from "Biggles and Algy shafts the EU Fokkers"

Try ringing this number. 0345 2020 241 they should be able to help you.

Thank you kind sir.

I'm pleased you can read the finer details, for a while I thought your sense of sight had deserted you but now I realise your Pro EU problems must lay elsewhere, if It gets worse and you need to talk to someone about it you can advice on this Number: 116 123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:09 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:

Just like a plane leaving an Aircraft carrier it'll dip slightly just before It soars into the Bright blue Yonder...Extract from "Biggles and Algy shafts the EU Fokkers"

you have an obsession with specsavers Pete !!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:13 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:

just prior to being shot down by baroness Merkel and held to ransom by Don Trumpione

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:15 pm 

edders23 wrote:

Why?

If the pound slides we can export more stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:17 pm 

Thought Gove did very well, and I like the way he put down the presenters.

Male presenter loved the sound of his own voice, and the thick bird asked him a question about a live police investigation when he is the top Judicial mush in the country. ](*,)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:15 pm 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:

you have an obsession with specsavers Pete !!

Our taxi rank is outside their shop. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 pm 

Nidge2 wrote:

The Euro went belly up and has stayed down there ever since. How many EU countries have had a bailout?

Really? in mid 2008 the exchange rate was €1.50 to the pound. by December. 2008 it was €1.00 to the pound. since then it has fluctuated between €1.20 and 1.40 to the pound. I have the receipts to show you the fluctuation in value if you like. I have a Euro mortgage so I am transferring money on a monthly basis.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:34 am 

grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

The Euro went belly up and has stayed down there ever since. How many EU countries have had a bailout?

Really? in mid 2008 the exchange rate was €1.50 to the pound. by December. 2008 it was €1.00 to the pound. since then it has fluctuated between €1.20 and 1.40 to the pound. I have the receipts to show you the fluctuation in value if you like. I have a Euro mortgage so I am transferring money on a monthly basis.

It's a failed currency and will continue to be one.

Have you seen the video of Cameron wanting to come out of the EU :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Why has he changed his mind in 5 short years? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Because he wants to hop on the gravy train when he's sailed us down the river. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He a liar.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:38 am 

bloodnock wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
It also seems to have escaped the attention of many.....EU debt! At the moment they are bailing out Greece right left and center, no doubt to be followed by Spain,Portugal and France. On top of that they have a queue of third world countries wanting to join - because the EU WANT to give them loads of money. We are part of that bail out system, (our money) is being used for the aforementioned purpose, so I ask you this.......How long do you think that we as a Nation that is in serious debt/not paying its own way, keep on helping to bail out others.

Another train of thought.

Would you as a businessman buy into a bankrupt unaudited company, where nobody knows what the employees do, along with the fact that the employees help themselves to serious amounts of money + massive unaudited expenses? because that is what these third world countries are in affect trying to do.........it is corrupt beyond belief.

Which is why they all Fiddle and better Fiddle as the EU burns, the more the members the more the confusion and the easier it is to pilfer funds...small wonder then that our greedy Bremainer MP's are so keen to keep this trough to hand...it's not about bettering your or my financial security and all about bettering their own while leaving, you, me and our future generations to pay for it until hell freezes over and that'll just be the interest on the debt and not the repayment of the debt itself...

Don't be so gullible, vote out.

Sir Ian Botham summed it up the other day when he said "look at the EUROPEAN Union today and ask yourself if we weren't in it would we want to join it, the answer would be no" I think he was spot on.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:46 am 

Prior to Cameron going to Brussels to renegotiate our terms and conditions, I would thought that first and foremost he would have sat down and said - we know that we will not get all that we ask for! Having pointed that out, he should have as an (apparently) intelligent man, then stated that the choice for the population will then be "in" Or "out" - but before we go down that road I want to point out all of the pitfalls of voting "out"!!! He did nothing of the sort, and now resorts to putting fear into his campaign to stay in. The bottom line being is that he did not do his due diligence, on something that affects not just us, but half a billion other people, equaling total incompetence.

The other point is that Cameron,Corbyn,plus other (Ins), are in effect saying that they cannot do better for the UK if we are outside of the EU - that is shameful when there are another 160+ countries to trade and do business with. It is also imo a massive mistake by Corbyn (who is not the most popular of leaders within his own party) to go down the road of "in",who could have united the all the voters who did not vote for the Conservatives - and to have made the Labour party great once again - another incompetent who changes his spots.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:10 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
Prior to Cameron going to Brussels to renegotiate our terms and conditions, I would thought that first and foremost he would have sat down and said - we know that we will not get all that we ask for! Having pointed that out, he should have as an (apparently) intelligent man, then stated that the choice for the population will then be "in" Or "out" - but before we go down that road I want to point out all of the pitfalls of voting "out"!!! He did nothing of the sort, and now resorts to putting fear into his campaign to stay in. The bottom line being is that he did not do his due diligence, on something that affects not just us, but half a billion other people, equaling total incompetence.

The stay people have done nothing else but point out the pitfalls of voting out. The problem is that for every pitfall that has been mentioned people like you have just dismissed them as scaremongering. You can't have it both ways.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:13 pm 

Quote:
The stay people have done nothing else but point out the pitfalls of voting out.

Not once did I see or hear DC say anything like the scaremongering that he is now putting out - prior going to Brussels.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:45 pm 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
Quote:
The stay people have done nothing else but point out the pitfalls of voting out.

Not once did I see or hear DC say anything like the scaremongering that he is now putting out - prior going to Brussels.

Sorry I misunderstood. Prior to negotiating the "new deal" had a referendum date been announced?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:07 pm 

grandad wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
Quote:

Sorry I misunderstood. Prior to negotiating the "new deal" had a referendum date been announced?

As to when the referendum date was announced is not relevant! The threat of job losses, the threat of war, the threat that family pets are emigrating would have been known factors "Prior" to the negotiations.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 40  Next