Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 40  Next

EU - Remain or Leave?
Remain in the EU 28%  28%  [ 12 ]
Leave the EU 72%  72%  [ 31 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:46 pm 

It's the OAP vote that will count.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:19 pm 

MR T wrote:

Think you are right, and many of them have already voted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:07 pm 

sadly some of the oaps will have died before the ref - how does that one work?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:46 pm 

MR T wrote:

It's only right that it's their vote that counts, it was their votes that got us in this

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:34 am 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

It's only right that it's their vote that counts, it was their votes that got us in this

Not strictly true!

Originally it was the EEC (9) countries including the UK, the reason for joining was basically about trade/single market. The politicians and corruption crept in, gradually introducing bits and pieces and it is certainly nothing like the original format.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:32 am 

cabby john wrote:
toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

Not strictly true!

Originally it was the EEC (9) countries including the UK, the reason for joining was basically about trade/single market. The politicians and corruption crept in, gradually introducing bits and pieces and it is certainly nothing like the original format.

So your for out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:02 am 

Assuming that there is a vote to leave, when will we stop paying money into the EU?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:12 am 

grandad wrote:
Assuming that there is a vote to leave, when will we stop paying money into the EU?

Just as soon as our MP's can grow a pair and tell the EU to go fech themselves..to me that would be the 24th of June.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:41 am 

bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:

Just as soon as our MP's can grow a pair and tell the EU to go fech themselves..to me that would be the 24th of June.

Ah, so you don't have any proper information on this. Have any of the exit groups mentioned when we will stop paying?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:43 am 

grandad wrote:

bloodnock wrote:

simply answer is - never - same as mass deportation what you all outers expect, nothing really will happen except lots and lots of negotiations, agreements, papperworks etc. bollocks...and we'll be paying subs almost the same as we pay now just for privilege of trade with the others as Norway, Iceland, Switzerland pay holding exactly the same rights for others as free movement i.e. Canada is doing the same already and after 7 yrs. they still didn't finnish negotiation process... and it's gonna take years (not weeks or months as you outers expect) to make all things stright.... and most funny thing (not funny for me personally) is when the French will stop taking on them all that crap comming... keeping border and border control in France is very convienient for us but not really for them, what kind of interest they've to keep "the jungle" in Calais? all of them migrants want to England, why they've to keep them if we're not in the club anymore... yeah, yeah let's put a concrete into the tunnel, they've crossed Med sea already what is a problem to cross the Channel? and as a cherry on a top - new members applying.... next 20 yrs. will show, boat is full already and potential new sailors are in very bad position to negotiate (Turkey? they'll be paid to fekk off and tbh they've more fams in Germany than in here)...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 am 

Quote:
So your for out.

As sure as night follows day Or vice versa if you like.

Quote:
Have any of the exit groups mentioned when we will stop paying?

I look at this way; Nothing is going to happen overnight! Having said that if we stay in then we are going to be paying for ever and a day - as an out (if it happens) then a day will eventually come that we do not. That view has not come from any source other than my own thoughts (it is simplistic) but factual.

Quote:
same as mass deportation what you all outers expect,

I do not expect or condone mass deportation (it is never going to happen) (criminals maybe) but not those already settled here. Neither would I expect any campaigner (unless you belonged to the BNP) to want such a thing - but we are in a situation that imo is critical, it will get massively worse unless it is stopped. I saw stats today that indicate that many citizens from EU countries, are worried to death over the influx of immigrants coming into their countries, my feelings are that if we fail, then other countries populations will also also try to break away. It is a failed model because it is fueled by the greed of politicians, like the Berlin wall - it will fall sooner or later.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:10 pm 

grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:

Ah, so you don't have any proper information on this. Have any of the exit groups mentioned when we will stop paying?

Dont be a beligerent muppet, there is no set date, no one can possibly know the schedule until the actual event occurs, It matters not how long it takes but it wont be long, they cannot take money from us unless we give them it, and when and if the people decide to leave the EU as I trust they will then the government will have to act on their decision whether they like it or not and secure the best exit deal they can otherwise they'll be out on their ear.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:37 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
then the government will have to secure the best exit deal they can otherwise they'll be out on their ear.

What deal do you expect any government to secure? I would bet that it will be nothing like any of you exit people want.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:54 pm 

grandad wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
then the government will have to secure the best exit deal they can otherwise they'll be out on their ear.

What deal do you expect any government to secure? I would bet that it will be nothing like any of you exit people want.

I really don't care about your opinions, But once we are out we are out and we will continue fighting the petty EU until they eventually self destruct as they surely will through time...

Your just not getting it are you, It's not all about the money, a lot of it's the freedom to control our own destiny without the Autocratic EU dictating what we can or cannot do..

It's my last word to you on this matter, so whine on if you want, your not prepared to listen....If we stay in so be it, but if we leave.......Brilliant.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:35 pm 

Could someone explain why there should be job losses if we vote out also the same people then explain the resultant job losses when the Ford Transit plant was closed down due to the EU giving 80 million euros subsidy to Ford to open a plant in Turkey which is not in the EU?

Big business and bankers along with politicians and unelected EU commissioners are the people looking after themselves but ignoring the needs of the rest of the citizens,it is and always will be an I AM ALRIGHT JACK and stuff you mugs who are paying for it organisation which is out of control.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 590 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 40  Next