Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

EU - Remain or Leave?
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28588
Page 33 of 35

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
Scotland, N.Ireland and Gibraltar all voted in favour of Europe, could i suggest they are all most welcome to fck off and join the EU leaving England and Wales to be free, of course we wont be giving them any money nor (in Gibraltar's case) saving them from Spanish rule
Does that also include newcastle?


Only countries can join/leave the EU not just anywhere that English isnt spoken

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

Just heard that Boris Johnson has appointed Roy Hodgson to lead the team negotiating our exit from the EU. Boris commented "I can't think of anyone more qualified to secure our early exit."

Author:  trotskys twin [ Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

Out brilliant now the Left in Spain Greece Italy will follow suit and destroy that stinking capitalist monolith and the onwards to a United Socialist States of Europe :D

Author:  Sussex [ Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

trotskys twin wrote:
Out brilliant now the Left in Spain Greece Italy will follow suit and destroy that stinking capitalist monolith and the onwards to a United Socialist States of Europe :D

Or maybe will will get Greek, Italian and Spanish Boris's. :D

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

ironic that the protesters on that anti-leave march were complaining about the loss of THEIR rights when it was 100% fair and level democratic vote using a PR (proportional representation) system where all votes were equal, what would they prefer a socialist dictatorship like China with no choice or voting?

Author:  grandad [ Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

wannabeeahack wrote:
ironic that the protesters on that anti-leave march were complaining about the loss of THEIR rights when it was 100% fair and level democratic vote using a PR (proportional representation) system where all votes were equal, what would they prefer a socialist dictatorship like China with no choice or voting?

Proportional representation??? How can you have proportional representation when there were just 2 choices? It was a first past the post ballot same as we usually have.

Author:  heathcote [ Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

This mess was simply caused by the establishment trying to con the voters,lies and more damn lies told by both sides.

There should have been no campaigning what so ever,just a simple ask of the voters IN or OUT.

The truth of the matter they all want to preserve their gravy train whether it is the European one or the UK one.

They all are only interested in having their snout in the trough,self interest is all they know and sod the rest of us.

Author:  Nidge2 [ Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

wannabeeahack wrote:
ironic that the protesters on that anti-leave march were complaining about the loss of THEIR rights when it was 100% fair and level democratic vote using a PR (proportional representation) system where all votes were equal, what would they prefer a socialist dictatorship like China with no choice or voting?



One of them was that thick she thought she wouldn't be able to travel in Europe. #-o #-o #-o #-o It's the same students you pick up on a weekend night when there's 4 of them, the fare is £16 and they ask you how much it is each.

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
ironic that the protesters on that anti-leave march were complaining about the loss of THEIR rights when it was 100% fair and level democratic vote using a PR (proportional representation) system where all votes were equal, what would they prefer a socialist dictatorship like China with no choice or voting?

Proportional representation??? How can you have proportional representation when there were just 2 choices? It was a first past the post ballot same as we usually have.


not really, the tories won 39% of the total GE vote but won

maybe the GE should have 2 rounds, the first for all the parties to gain enough to be in the top 5 then those top 5 alone for the nations favourite, all votes being equal, unlike now and the present GE system where UKIP got 1 MP but under PR would have got 100

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:
ironic that the protesters on that anti-leave march were complaining about the loss of THEIR rights when it was 100% fair and level democratic vote using a PR (proportional representation) system where all votes were equal, what would they prefer a socialist dictatorship like China with no choice or voting?

Proportional representation??? How can you have proportional representation when there were just 2 choices? It was a first past the post ballot same as we usually have.


not really, the tories won 39% of the total GE vote but won

maybe the GE should have 2 rounds, the first for all the parties to gain enough to be in the top 5 then those top 5 alone for the nations favourite, all votes being equal, unlike now and the present GE system where UKIP got 1 MP but under PR would have got 100

This was not about any general election it was about the referendum vote. There were only 2 choices on the ballot paper. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Author:  wannabeeahack [ Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

grandad wrote:
This was not about any general election it was about the referendum vote. There were only 2 choices on the ballot paper.


Maybe thats how a GE should be then, 2 rounds, 1 to get the main favourites, a final event with 2 or 3 front runners and PR so each vote is worth the same as every other vote...

Author:  Cabby John 1 [ Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

wannabeeahack wrote:
grandad wrote:
This was not about any general election it was about the referendum vote. There were only 2 choices on the ballot paper.


Maybe thats how a GE should be then, 2 rounds, 1 to get the main favourites, a final event with 2 or 3 front runners and PR so each vote is worth the same as every other vote...


A GE should be just like the referendum - first across the line wins.

Seats are not necessarily representative of the populations vote.

Author:  Cabby John 1 [ Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

No doubt in amongst all of the replies on this topic from the remainers, will be the argument that we need the EU as allies!

During the Falklands war the French supplied Exocet missiles to the Argentinians, and now we have the Spanish being prepared to refuel Russian war ships. You guys really need to screw your thinking head back on..............

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... iminate-t/

Author:  captain cab [ Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

Image

Author:  Cabby John 1 [ Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: EU - Remain or Leave?

captain cab wrote:
Image


Whilst there would have been some collusion on some of the above with the EU (make no mistake about that), then the rest is called governing your own country - and yes they really do balls it up for reasons of self betterment for themselves. All of this BS of calling the intellect of politicians into question is a mistake, as they are highly educated/intelligent people who for the most part....do know exactly what they are doing!!! What the electorate fail to realise is that.............they are not really there for us! No more than the token police force that we have, is there for us......it is all about them.

Page 33 of 35 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/