Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:15 am 

Barack Obama: Britain would go to the ‘back of the queue' when it comes to US trade deals if it leaves the EU

Britain would not be able to strike a free trade deal with the US "any time soon" and would go to the "back of the queue" if it leaves the EU, as Washington's focus would be on reaching agreement with the European Union, Barack Obama has said.

The President was speaking after Downing Street talks with Prime Minister David Cameron during a two-day visit, which he has used to speak out in favour of continued UK membership of the 28-nation bloc after the June 23 referendum.

However, he said the special relationship is “solid” and “will continue - hopefully eternally” even if the UK votes to leave the EU and that he wasn't here to "fix votes."

He warned that leaving the EU would not be in Britain’s economic interests.

He said: "If, right now, I have got access to a massive market where I sell 44 per cent of my exports and now I’m thinking about leaving the organisation that gives me access to that market and that is responsible for millions of jobs in my country and responsible for an enormous amount of commerce and upon which a lot of businesses depend - that’s not something I would probably do.”

source: http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/ba ... spartanntp

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:58 am 

Hardly surprising when the population of the EU is around 508 million and the UK on its own is about 64 million.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:09 am 

so the USA favours Germany, France, Italy, Spain.....nice

where are they when the US needs brothers in arms?..........hiding

he needs to keep his beak out

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:02 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:

No, the US is already in negotiation with the whole of the EU for a trade agreement. Do you expect them to abandon this in favour of starting again with a much smaller UK market?
He is entitled to comment the same as anyone else.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:10 am 

Quote:

He is not entitled to comment at all. What entitlement does an American have to comment over our sovereignty.

It would seem that the supposed "Special Relationship" that we have with America, is cloaked in blackmail - hmm bully boy at work, from where I am standing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:13 am 

Cabby John 1 wrote:
Quote:

He is not entitled to comment at all. What entitlement does an American have to comment over our sovereignty.

It would seem that the supposed "Special Relationship" that we have with America, is cloaked in blackmail - hmm bully boy at work, from where I am standing.

Did our Sovereignty get mentioned? Anyway you don't want our Sovereignty.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 am 

grandad wrote:
Cabby John 1 wrote:
Quote:

Did our Sovereignty get mentioned? Anyway you don't want our Sovereignty.

You do not have to mention sovereignty to know that it is being given away to Brussels, and when I talk of sovereignty I am not referring to Buck Palace, I am talking about us as a nation with differing values to the scum that will be living next door to you and I - but not them/him. I am also talking about our security. As for sovereignty (Buck Palace) the Americans really suck on that regalia - they can take it with them.

Basically he is a hypocrite.

Will Obama open the USA border to allow the Mexicans to come and go as they please? Would Obama allow his country to be told as to what they can or cannot do? Would he allow his Steel tariffs on China to be dropped from 267% to a two digit tariff as dictated by the EU? I could go on and on! The truth being is that they will not have anything that effects their country/democracy like we do. However we are a nice plot of ground/a launch pad, so that in the event of WAR he can then bring in his missiles - and then if the dust ever settles, they can go back to the good ole USA, leaving high and dry as they did with Vietnam. The so called "Special Relationship"............is only on their terms! The Americans themselves do not want him - Obama..... GO HOME.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:33 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:

the United States promised broad cooperation in the effort against the terror group. So far, Great Britain, France, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Australia, Germany, the Netherlands and other nations are participating.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:45 am 

Cabby John 1 wrote:

You do not have to mention sovereignty to know that it is being given away to Brussels, and when I talk of sovereignty I am not referring to Buck Palace, I am talking about us as a nation with differing values to the scum that will be living next door to you and I - but not them/him. I am also talking about our security. As for sovereignty (Buck Palace) the Americans really suck on that regalia - they can take it with them.

The United States is made up of 50 separate units. it is not one big Country. Do you think that each and every one of them agrees with everything the same? Each state has it's own "government" the same as each Country in Europe has it's own government. The EU and the US are no very different to each other.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:07 pm 

Old obama boy just wants the TTIP in place so the Big US corporations can take control of all the Business's in Europe without any legal barriers in their way, it's akin to economic rape and pillage, If they think they might lose out they'll can sue the Arse off anyone that creates a trade barrier, you'll end up with fewer workers rights and protection as the EU starts to adopt an American approach to employment and the EU will not be able to do a damn thing about it because its written into the TTIP small print, they'll can buy and do what they like.

Your only hope of avoiding this is to leave the EU and leave them to get stung by the very smart and sleek and ruthless US Corporations, they say the TTIP will bring in around £10 Billion of Extra trade, well yes it might but every penny of that and more will go to the big business boys, you, me and the Tax man will see none of it, all you'll see is a Poorer Benefits system where we have to go down to the American standard because it'll be unfair to them to come up to ours, you'll end up with less Holiday Entitlement for same reasons and worse still is the yanks will start to buy off the potentially juicey bits of The NHS.

It's very odd that the Bremainers are not shouting from the roof tops about this wonderful TTIP opportunity, well, thats because they either weant to keep it quiet or that many of them have no idea of the horrors that lie ahead if it's all finalised.

Vote Brexit....we can form our own Bi-lateral deals even if it does take a tad longer it'll be a whole lot more fairer.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:09 pm 

Quote:
The United States is made up of 50 separate units. it is not one big Country. Do you think that each and every one of them agrees with everything the same? Each state has it's own "government" the same as each Country in Europe has it's own government. The EU and the US are no very different to each other.

You are going to have to do better than that!

The 50 units that you refer to are ALL American States, with the majority being Americans - that have a supreme overall leader/party in (The White House). All of their States are governed by American elected politicians with American cultural values - They are not governed or live by the rules of politicians from Mexico/Brazil/Canada/Brussels etc. They have total border control of South America - you are not allowed to just come in if you want to from those countries.

Trust me you will be sorry when your village is saturated with people of a different culture, with different values. By then it will be too late, you will have blown your chance to do the right thing for your children/grandchildren, all done in exchange for your 30 pieces of silver.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:55 pm 

grandad wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

No, the US is already in negotiation with the whole of the EU for a trade agreement. Do you expect them to abandon this in favour of starting again with a much smaller UK market?

We have more off them than they have off us. They won't be missed.

As for America, they can kiss me where my cheeks meet.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:56 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Old obama boy just wants the TTIP in place so the Big US corporations can take control of all the Business's in Europe without any legal barriers in their way, it's akin to economic rape and pillage, If they think they might lose out they'll can sue the Arse off anyone that creates a trade barrier, you'll end up with fewer workers rights and protection as the EU starts to adopt an American approach to employment and the EU will not be able to a damn thing about it because its written into the TTIP small print, they'll can buy and do what they like.

Vote Brexit....we can form our own Bi-lateral deals even if it does take a tad longer it'll be a whole lot more fairer.

People with blinkers on read the above. =D> =D> =D> America = Rothschilds.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:09 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:53 pm 

City A.M. have a recording running at the moment where experts are forecasting that the EURO is in imminent danger of imploding and thus disappearing and original currencies will be back in place.

Where will this place us if we stay in the EU, probably underwriters for the rest,it appears it was a good job we had Gordon Brown stopping us joining the Euro.