Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:02 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
seems Mr Corbyn has Stalinist tendencies :lol: :lol:

A former Labour shadow cabinet minister has accused an aide to leader Jeremy Corbyn of entering her parliamentary office without permission.
Seema Malhotra formally complained to Commons Speaker John Bercow, saying the "privacy, security and confidentiality" of her MP's office had been violated.
She also said her staff had felt "harassed, intimidated and insecure".
A spokesman for Mr Corbyn said an aide had been checking when the office would be vacated, and denied intimidation.
Ms Malhotra resigned as shadow chief secretary to the Treasury last month in protest at Mr Corbyn's leadership and is now backing leadership challenger Owen Smith.
Formal complaint
In a statement, Ms Malhotra said staff working for Mr Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell had gained "unauthorised entry into my office in parliament".
The MP for Feltham and Heston described several incidents when people from the leader's office used digital keys to open the office door.
"The implications of this are extremely serious," she said.
"This is a breach of parliamentary privilege and is a violation of the privacy, security and confidentiality of a member of parliament's office.
"Furthermore, my staff, including an intern, who have always been courteous and open, have felt harassed, intimidated and insecure and decided themselves it would be best to not leave anyone alone in the office."
She has complained to Mr Bercow and to Mr Corbyn and called for a formal investigation.
Jump media playerMedia player help

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:27 pm 

The nutty left are a dangerous bunch.

And Corbyn is turning a very blind eye no matter how much he pretends otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:31 pm 

Hang on here though. It wasn't HER office, it is the office that goes with her shadow ministerial position. She resigned from that job last month so it would be fair to assume that she should have vacated that office by now. How long does the new post holder have to wait before being able to get on with the job properly?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:35 pm 

grandad wrote:
Hang on here though. It wasn't HER office, it is the office that goes with her shadow ministerial position. She resigned from that job last month so it would be fair to assume that she should have vacated that office by now. How long does the new post holder have to wait before being able to get on with the job properly?

Still should have asked not snooped though

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:55 pm 

I honestly cannot understand all the fuss. It is not as though another party ie the Cons or Ukip, have gone marching into an unguarded office, to spy, or take private information.

The Labour party are in essence no different than a company working in an office block. In a situation such as that, then just so long as it was not a junior snooping around, then surely senior management would come and go as they please.

It makes me wonder as to what that office has to hide.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:28 am 

cabby john wrote:
I honestly cannot understand all the fuss. It is not as though another party ie the Cons or Ukip, have gone marching into an unguarded office, to spy, or take private information.

The Labour party are in essence no different than a company working in an office block. In a situation such as that, then just so long as it was not a junior snooping around, then surely senior management would come and go as they please.

i agree with Cabby John =D> =D> =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:44 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
cabby john wrote:

And after the next election, all the labour MP's can share one office :badgrin: :wink: :badgrin: :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:16 pm 

jimbo wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
cabby john wrote:

And after the next election, all the labour MP's can share one office :badgrin: :wink: :badgrin: :wink:

YOU HOPE :D

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:52 pm 

grandad wrote:

A fair point, but is it an office manager's role to go snooping?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:02 pm 

Claims by Labour MP Seema Malhotra that her office was accessed without her permission do not amount to a possible breach of Commons rules, Speaker John Bercow has said.
The ex-frontbencher had complained to Mr Bercow that aides to leader Jeremy Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell gained "unauthorised entry".
looks like the speaker agrees

Mr Bercow said there was nothing to "justify regarding these events as a possible breach".
Mr McDonnell has called for an apology.
Follow the latest political news on our BBC Politics live page
The shadow chancellor said at the time of Ms Malhotra's complaint that his office manager thought the premises were no longer occupied, and he accused Mr Corbyn's critics of picking on members of staff.
Ms Malhotra - who resigned as shadow chief secretary to the Treasury last month in protest at Mr Corbyn's leadership - claimed there had been unauthorised access to her office "on more than one occasion".
She wrote to Mr Bercow calling for an official Commons investigation.
Replying to her request, the Speaker said: "Having taken advice, I am satisfied that there is nothing in your letter or in the information subsequently elicited by the deputy Serjeant at Arms which would justify regarding these events as a possible breach."
Reacting to the news, Mr McDonnell said: "It's only right and fair that Seema now apologises for the stress she has caused to my staff over the last few days.
"As I said on the Andrew Marr Show on Sunday the Labour Party needs to unite and actions like this which are only being used to try to undermine Jeremy Corbyn's leadership must stop."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:43 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Claims by Labour MP Seema Malhotra that her office was accessed without her permission do not amount to a possible breach of Commons rules, Speaker John Bercow has said.
The ex-frontbencher had complained to Mr Bercow that aides to leader Jeremy Corbyn and shadow chancellor John McDonnell gained "unauthorised entry".
looks like the speaker agrees

Mr Bercow said there was nothing to "justify regarding these events as a possible breach".
Mr McDonnell has called for an apology.
Follow the latest political news on our BBC Politics live page
The shadow chancellor said at the time of Ms Malhotra's complaint that his office manager thought the premises were no longer occupied, and he accused Mr Corbyn's critics of picking on members of staff.
Ms Malhotra - who resigned as shadow chief secretary to the Treasury last month in protest at Mr Corbyn's leadership - claimed there had been unauthorised access to her office "on more than one occasion".
She wrote to Mr Bercow calling for an official Commons investigation.
Replying to her request, the Speaker said: "Having taken advice, I am satisfied that there is nothing in your letter or in the information subsequently elicited by the deputy Serjeant at Arms which would justify regarding these events as a possible breach."
Reacting to the news, Mr McDonnell said: "It's only right and fair that Seema now apologises for the stress she has caused to my staff over the last few days.
"As I said on the Andrew Marr Show on Sunday the Labour Party needs to unite and actions like this which are only being used to try to undermine Jeremy Corbyn's leadership must stop."

stinking slut reveals herself........................ :evil: :evil:

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE