Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:29 am 

captain cab wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:
The EU/UK can never be true democracies until that democracy is under the control of the people, looking around I only see that tue democracy exists in my beautiful country that is Scotland, our leader listens our leader acts on what the majority ask's for, that's democracy.

and the majority want the UK - but she isn't listening to that is she?

the majority wanted the UK because of the EU nothing else if i know history...
cabby john wrote:
Do you honestly think that in the (unlikely) event of a split - that a UK/British government........are going to allow Scotland to walk away.........With the OIL FIELDS #-o

yes, with full support of the EU and on the EU terms...to keep oil prices low... balls out...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:43 am 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/2d/e5/b9/2de5b9bb931eddb8026847f2ec780e42.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:10 am 

captain cab wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:
The EU/UK can never be true democracies until that democracy is under the control of the people, looking around I only see that tue democracy exists in my beautiful country that is Scotland, our leader listens our leader acts on what the majority ask's for, that's democracy.

and the majority want the UK - but she isn't listening to that is she?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the majority of English and N-irelanders vote to remain :shock: Without the 1.5 million votes to leave the U.K. From the welsh and the Scots, brexit would have been defeated, yes as a whole the majority did vote to leave, Scotland is different in that those that voted to stay in the U.K. at the Indy ref where promised our position in the eu would be safer if we voted no to independence, does that fact not allow us to THINK AGAIN, the possibility of a new referendum depending on the outcome of brexit was promised in the SNP manifesto, they won with a huge majority of the vote, the majority also voted to remain in the eu, that triggers the promise of the manifesto CC, another Indy ref looks like it's on, indyref2, my vote will depend on Westminster delivering a brexit that will meet the demands and priorities of the people, based on past Tory governments that ain't going to happen, let's wait and see though :roll:

Do you trust the Tories :roll:

Eh Naw :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:00 am 

Private Reggie wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the majority of English and N-irelanders vote to remain

Consider yourself corrected.The majority in England voted to leave.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:42 am 

Quote:
cabby john wrote:
Do you honestly think that in the (unlikely) event of a split - that a UK/British government........are going to allow Scotland to walk away.........With the OIL FIELDS #-o

yes, with full support of the EU and on the EU terms...to keep oil prices low... balls out...

Is the above Scottish logic on your part #-o, this is a sovereignty/territorial issue, sweet FA to do with the EU - you will not be in the EU anyway :lol:.

The only way the EU step in is when they (France) sell Exocet missiles to the enemy, as they did in the Falklands war - you might get some help on that score. Having said that there will be NO point in you having Exocet missiles, as you will not have any armed forces to use them #-o

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:36 pm 

grandad wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the majority of English and N-irelanders vote to remain

Without the 1.5 million votes cast to leave from the Scots and the Welsh, the result would have been to remain :wink:

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i ... manchester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:38 pm 

grandad wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:

1 million Scots vote to leave eu :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-36614284

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:42 pm 

grandad wrote:
Private Reggie wrote:

Hey I was wrong :shock: It was 1.8 million Scots and Welsh who voted to leave :shock: The winning margin was less than 1.3 million, without those like me who voted leave brexit would have delivered a remain vote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-e ... m-36612308