Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:19 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Have you noticed that all the political parties are referring the voters to their manifesto which is as yet unpublished and probably won't be till the day before the election

I get the distinct impression they don't want us to know what their policies actually are

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Have you noticed that all the political parties are referring the voters to their manifesto which is as yet unpublished and probably won't be till the day before the election

I get the distinct impression they don't want us to know what their policies actually are

Manifesto's usually come out around 4 weeks before the election date. So they should be out this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:16 pm 

[quote="edders23"]Have you noticed that all the political parties are referring the voters to their manifesto which is as yet unpublished and probably won't be till the day before the election

I get the distinct impression they don't want us to know what their policies actually are[/quote

Eddrs you loon they will be published very shortly and of course only one will be truthful the Labour one ....................a bit to the Left but not far enough for me however given the reaction so far on the door knockers its walk over for JC =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
edders23 wrote:

I get the distinct impression they don't want us to know what their policies actually are[/quote

Eddrs you loon they will be published very shortly and of course only one will be truthful the Labour one ....................a bit to the Left but not far enough for me however given the reaction so far on the door knockers its walk over for JC =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Will it be the longest suicide note in history volume two?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:17 pm 

well my polling card has arrived but no manifestos published yet !!

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:32 pm 

edders23 wrote:

The labour one is available. 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 pm 

grandad wrote:
edders23 wrote:

The labour one is available. 8)

allegedly i suspect it is a cynical ploy to put out some misinformation which might change other parties manifestos :wink:

apparently VERY similar to the 1983 one

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:46 pm 

edders23 wrote:

Labour will melt the credit card like last time, oh and sell off the gold at a rock bottom price.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:00 am 

I did read that the leaked labour draft manifesto pledges to level the playing field between uber and the rest of us but without giving any information about how they would do that

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 pm 

I'm confused they said on radio 5 live this morning that the conservative manifesto has been published but all I've found so far are 11 point workers rights plan

has it been published or not ?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:45 pm 

the Great Labour Giveaway

money for Police, Nurses, Wages, and hammer the companies and rich...

it has never worked and never will, but it sounds good

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:45 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

The Tory give away on workers rights as announced by PM.MAY,
We will give every worker the right to take 1 years leave to look after a relative who has an illness.
Do they think the workers of this country are thick?-----unpaid leave for 1 year,you look after the poorly relative saving money for the NHS,or social care,this 1 year leave saves your employer thousands of pounds,you will be short on your pension contributions,and have no savings left(if you had any to start with)having spent them on your living costs for this years leave.

The Tory's ridicule Labour,this is definitely a vote winner for Jeremy,another Tory announcement like this and they will be hapt up under the Labour landslide.

Vote LABOUR and show the con-woman and con men that the British Public are not thick.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 am 

The SNP and the Liberals aren't doing a Manifesto anymore, they are both doing a Moanyfesto instead.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:19 pm 

heathcote wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

We will give every worker the right to take 1 years leave to look after a relative who has an illness.
Do they think the workers of this country are thick?-----unpaid leave for 1 year,you look after the poorly relative saving money for the NHS,or social care,this 1 year leave saves your employer thousands of pounds,you will be short on your pension contributions,and have no savings left(if you had any to start with)having spent them on your living costs for this years leave.

The Tory's ridicule Labour,this is definitely a vote winner for Jeremy,another Tory announcement like this and they will be hapt up under the Labour landslide.

Vote LABOUR and show the con-woman and con men that the British Public are not thick.

It wont be compulsory for people to take the time off. But some people may want to take some time off to be with their loved ones but their current work contract wont allow it. This plan will allow those who want to have a bit more time with a loved one the chance to do so without having to give up work completely.
This happens a lot with families where a child has cancer. Usually the father is under extreme pressure to carry on working for fear of losing their job. Obviously it would be ideal for there to be additional time off with some kind of benefit in place to help support such people. Are Labour proposing any assistance for people in this situation?

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:40 pm 

grandad wrote:
heathcote wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

It wont be compulsory for people to take the time off. But some people may want to take some time off to be with their loved ones but their current work contract wont allow it. This plan will allow those who want to have a bit more time with a loved one the chance to do so without having to give up work completely.
This happens a lot with families where a child has cancer. Usually the father is under extreme pressure to carry on working for fear of losing their job. Obviously it would be ideal for there to be additional time off with some kind of benefit in place to help support such people. Are Labour proposing any assistance for people in this situation?

Do not think you have read what was wrote,your heroine May said that it would be UNPAID!. your Tory government is hell bent on getting rid of benefits so they are not going to pay you to take leave.