UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hung Parliament
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:16 pm 

heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:
heathcote wrote:
austerity was not considered when calling this election.

Not by the Labour party anyway. They just tried to bribe everyone earning under £85,000 with promises that can't be met without borrowing obscene amounts of money without any way of paying it back. Corbyn knew he wouldn't win and he also knew he could never form a minority government so he knows he can still keep making the hollow promises.

Where is your proof of that,

How soon will the money start coming in from the Labour promises? For instance, how long to pass the legislation to change the income tax for the top 5% and how long to pass the legislation to change corporation tax and then implement them?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:09 pm 

Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it. George Santanaya.

Look back over the last seventy odd years.

Labour won the 1945 general election, and many others through the years, taking over from conservative governments who always left power with the country in a better state than it was under Labour. Always. Even up to 2010 when Liam Byrne left his now infamous "all the money is gone" note in the treasury. All the money is gone. And it was. How soon we forget, it would seem. The Messaniac followers of Jeremy Corbyn are frightening to behold. Free tuition for students? Nationalise the railways, and everything else, and who pays? The rich? Don't make me laugh. Callaghan in the seventies promised to squeeze the rich until their pips squeaked, only to find they all buggered off to Monaco, or Switzerland or wherever. So who did they squeeze then? Which is when 33% tax rates came in. And when that didn't work, nobody worked, and Callaghan went cap in hand to the IMF.

There is no money tree.

Despite not promising to give anything away, and take away lots, the tories still got more votes than labour, and John McDonnell, labours future chancellor still thinks that labour somehow won on Thursday.

It would almost be worthwhile letting Corbyn loose to show what an omnishambles really looks like.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:52 pm 

Labour did make all sorts of promises which were not physically possible to fulfil (in my opinion) but I don't think Corbyn really believed he would win, but the gullible students fell for it hook, line and sinker and voted for him, which certainly increased the number of MPs Labour now have and the best bit is, he doesn't have to deliver on any of his worthless promises.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 am 

The people who like plots and conspiracy theories. Amongst Jeremy's new MPs there is now a Daniel Carden new MP for Walton, placed there by Labour's high command removing other candidates such as Joe Anderson. Daniel Carden is (was) Len McCluskey's (Unite's leader) bagman. Remembering that the unions nearly singlehandedly bankrolled Labour's election campaign, and without them Labour would not exist, it would seem that anyone wishing to remove Jeremy in the future must bear in mind the financial cost it could cost them for going against him, or have the unions now a man of there own placed in a position to take over the leadership of the Labour Party. It will be interesting to see how tight Corbyn and Daniel Carden become.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:23 am 

:oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:37 pm 

My kind of result

May didnt get what she wanted
Corbyn didnt get what he wanted
Sturgeon didnt get what she wanted

If I cant get what i want why should they

I predict another GE inside 2 year (assuming May doesnt quit), a Labour win (just)and no Brexit ever

Have we all been conned?

Guess who was back on telly..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ard-brexit