Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2909
Location: Over here!
CC. I am open to have my post torn apart constructively! What I was/am looking for, is the reason/s that you see as to why we should be staying.........I genuinely cannot see a single reason as to why we should stay.

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36894
Location: Wayneistan
bloodnock wrote:
captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
Your not still eating those Mushrooms...are you?


can you tell me which EU laws have hurt you?


Every single one of them that over regulates every single aspect of my business and personal life...the loony red tape that the idle handed EU mischief makers create daily by the ream, an army of 100s of 1000s with feck all better to do than make my job harder and my life more controlled in they way they want me to be in order to conform with the way they want things to be.

10 years ago...School run tenders...2 sheets of A4, one with a price the other with my details...now 84 sheets of A4 that demand every type of policy..environmental through to non collusion, all to conform with EU regulation XXfechin/3X15-2017.

Thats why this shower must go..before they strangle the death out of the SMEs in their relentless drive to woo the big corporations.

If you can't see that then they have you have been suckered by the very expensive, tax payer sponsored EU political propaganda dept..poor you.


Which law though?

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36894
Location: Wayneistan
cabby john wrote:
CC. I am open to have my post torn apart constructively! What I was/am looking for, is the reason/s that you see as to why we should be staying.........I genuinely cannot see a single reason as to why we should stay.


The deprived areas of the UK have benefitted from EU investment - sure if we didn't pay into the EU we could have invested in them anyway, but personally I aint really sure the government actually would.

I mean when Thatcher finished industries off that was it - straight to the dole office - its not as if she or any other government for that matter actually gave a stuff about those affected.

If we have issues with the EU then they should be addressed by our membership - non membership gives us no say at all.

If we still want to export into the EU we are still going to be tied by all those regulations - or standards as they are also known - we will have no say in the making of those standards as we currently do.

The ease we have moving around the EU shouldn't be sniffed at either.

I don't think I've been brainwashed as bloodnock put it - I think the opposite - we have a press that is almost unified in its right wing hate against the EU - so perhaps I'm actually not the brainwashed party here.

There's been many myths and untruths spouted about the EU over the years - when you assess them they are nearly all the imagination of the press and a gullible public.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 7774
captain cab wrote:
cabby john wrote:
CC. I am open to have my post torn apart constructively! What I was/am looking for, is the reason/s that you see as to why we should be staying.........I genuinely cannot see a single reason as to why we should stay.


The deprived areas of the UK have benefitted from EU investment - sure if we didn't pay into the EU we could have invested in them anyway, but personally I aint really sure the government actually would.

I mean when Thatcher finished industries off that was it - straight to the dole office - its not as if she or any other government for that matter actually gave a stuff about those affected.

If we have issues with the EU then they should be addressed by our membership - non membership gives us no say at all.

If we still want to export into the EU we are still going to be tied by all those regulations - or standards as they are also known - we will have no say in the making of those standards as we currently do.

The ease we have moving around the EU shouldn't be sniffed at either.

I don't think I've been brainwashed as bloodnock put it - I think the opposite - we have a press that is almost unified in its right wing hate against the EU - so perhaps I'm actually not the brainwashed party here.

There's been many myths and untruths spouted about the EU over the years - when you assess them they are nearly all the imagination of the press and a gullible public.



Your train of thought seems to suggest that if you want to alter the club (EU) you have to be a member of it, which we don't, so your argument doesn't apply to us.

You know and I know that there are sections all over the place in European law, article this, article that, like not being able to deport a terrorist because it interferes with his human rights of not being able to have a family life. European law having to accept European students who now owe 27 million pounds which according to the government we will never see paid back. A billion pound plus in foreign aid to pay for what? Some flaming lookalike girl band etc. The CRB or whatever it's called now, this country cannot refuse to give taxi applicants a licence if his country cannot provide the necessary documentation that we the British people must provide, otherwise no licence for us, it's about time we got our laws back so that the British are no longer second rate citizens in their own country.

On the news today it seems that Liverpool council have suddenly clicked there is more to life than the EU as foreign investors are flocking to invest hundred of million of pounds into this city, but keep waving the European flag until you wake up one day and remember you are British.

When was the last time Brussels had their accounts signed off. I'll tell you - never, and only a mug would trust them.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:24 pm
Posts: 343
captain cab wrote:
...The simple solution is to stop brexit , call another election and referendum on the EU.

at last there's one talking with sense...
the truth is like an a4se, everyone has his own...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36894
Location: Wayneistan
MR T wrote:


Your train of thought seems to suggest that if you want to alter the club (EU) you have to be a member of it, which we don't, so your argument doesn't apply to us.

You know and I know that there are sections all over the place in European law, article this, article that, like not being able to deport a terrorist because it interferes with his human rights of not being able to have a family life. European law having to accept European students who now owe 27 million pounds which according to the government we will never see paid back. A billion pound plus in foreign aid to pay for what? Some flaming lookalike girl band etc. The CRB or whatever it's called now, this country cannot refuse to give taxi applicants a licence if his country cannot provide the necessary documentation that we the British people must provide, otherwise no licence for us, it's about time we got our laws back so that the British are no longer second rate citizens in their own country.

On the news today it seems that Liverpool council have suddenly clicked there is more to life than the EU as foreign investors are flocking to invest hundred of million of pounds into this city, but keep waving the European flag until you wake up one day and remember you are British.

When was the last time Brussels had their accounts signed off. I'll tell you - never, and only a mug would trust them.


No, you have to be a member of the EU to change policy - and this isn't done by electing the likes of Farage and other drum beaters.

I once received a phone call - a long phone call from someone telling me it was far better for everyone to unite and come to a conclusion - can you remember that call?

Don't believe the press - the EU isn't that bad, but people running this country are.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6597
b ut people running the country are ......................agreed CC

you seem to ignore the fact that many of the left as well as the right abhor the EU me included.

Prediction May and the Tories will be dumped a Corbyn led governmet will negotiate with the EU obtain a deal and make a case for the details of the exit to be decided by another referendum simples and fookin obvious from day one to me :D :D Its more thanlikely that the EU realising they can keep the Uk In wil structure negotiations with that in mind :D :D :D

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 16835
trotskys twin wrote:
b ut people running the country are ......................agreed CC

you seem to ignore the fact that many of the left as well as the right abhor the EU me included.

Prediction May and the Tories will be dumped a Corbyn led governmet will negotiate with the EU obtain a deal and make a case for the details of the exit to be decided by another referendum simples and fookin obvious from day one to me :D :D Its more thanlikely that the EU realising they can keep the Uk In wil structure negotiations with that in mind :D :D :D

What would the plan be if this second referendum decides against accepting the "deal"?

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 3763
Location: Lincoln
grandad wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
b ut people running the country are ......................agreed CC

you seem to ignore the fact that many of the left as well as the right abhor the EU me included.

Prediction May and the Tories will be dumped a Corbyn led governmet will negotiate with the EU obtain a deal and make a case for the details of the exit to be decided by another referendum simples and fookin obvious from day one to me :D :D Its more thanlikely that the EU realising they can keep the Uk In wil structure negotiations with that in mind :D :D :D

What would the plan be if this second referendum decides against accepting the "deal"?


A good question, and one I have often pondered, to misquote monty python.

_________________
Myth and Reality?

Typewriters and monkeys?

To infinity and beyond!

The "arch restrictionist?"

17+ 22+ 30 = 53?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 39386
Location: 1066 Country
grandad wrote:
trotskys twin wrote:
b ut people running the country are ......................agreed CC

you seem to ignore the fact that many of the left as well as the right abhor the EU me included.

Prediction May and the Tories will be dumped a Corbyn led governmet will negotiate with the EU obtain a deal and make a case for the details of the exit to be decided by another referendum simples and fookin obvious from day one to me :D :D Its more thanlikely that the EU realising they can keep the Uk In wil structure negotiations with that in mind :D :D :D

What would the plan be if this second referendum decides against accepting the "deal"?

We revert to World Trade Regs.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36894
Location: Wayneistan
Sussex wrote:
We revert to World Trade Regs.


we stay in the EU and carry on as semi intelligent people ignoring the knuckle dragging racists

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6597
captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
We revert to World Trade Regs.


we stay in the EU and carry on as semi intelligent people ignoring the knuckle dragging racists


Ne we wont mush staying in the EU would prevent the re Nationalization of the Utility's and Railways, and getting out of the EU has nothing to do with RACISM more like escaping the clutches of the Capatalist CROOKS =D> =D>

FORWARD TO A UNITED SOCIALIST REPUBLIC S OF EUROPE =D>

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36894
Location: Wayneistan
trotskys twin wrote:

Ne we wont mush staying in the EU would prevent the re Nationalization of the Utility's and Railways, and getting out of the EU has nothing to do with RACISM more like escaping the clutches of the Capatalist CROOKS =D> =D>

FORWARD TO A UNITED SOCIALIST REPUBLIC S OF EUROPE =D>


then change EU rules - or just do it anyway, aren't most of Europe's railways state owned?

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36894
Location: Wayneistan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mv2RY ... ture=share

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who will go first
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 6:24 pm
Posts: 6597
captain cab wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7mv2RYs0Ng&feature=share


NICE TO SEE LABOURS LIABILITY ACCORDING TO MANY YOU INCLUDED GETTING SOME RECOGNITION =D> =D> =D>

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group