Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:55 pm 

captain cab wrote:
the truth will dawn when you realise where all your pension money is invested, and when those stocks go down, I'll take you to the foodbank

little britishers.

CC

My pension is doing mighty fine at the moment, last year since the brexit vote it's gone up just nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:14 pm 

cabby john wrote:

I am open to being proven wrong on my views - convince me, as I have yet to hear from you as to why this corrupt organisation actually works for the UK.

P.S. Foodbanks have sprung up in great numbers since we joined the EEC/EU #-o
PPS. The stockmarkets on the back of us murmmuring "We are leaving"............upwards and onwards :D

The country was on its backside before we joined the Common market - the sick man of europe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 pm 

captain cab wrote:
cabby john wrote:

I am open to being proven wrong on my views - convince me, as I have yet to hear from you as to why this corrupt organisation actually works for the UK.

PPS. The stockmarkets on the back of us murmmuring "We are leaving"............upwards and onwards :D

The country was on its backside before we joined the Common market - the sick man of europe

Yes run into the ground by the Tories who then took us into the business mans club to line their rich friends pockets and it has carried on since.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm 

captain cab wrote:
cabby john wrote:

Assuming you are right.......remind me what the imbalance of trade is between the UK and the EU? and what has changed so much that we are not (in your eyes) no longer the "sick man of Europe"?......remind me of the benefits that 40 years + of this ponzi scheme has brought us?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:09 pm 

captain cab wrote:
the truth will dawn when you realise where all your pension money is invested, and when those stocks go down, I'll take you to the foodbank

little britishers.

CC

What pension money.. that all went with Labour.....the moneys all gone.. Remember... The only pension money getting paid out today is the money that get's paid in today

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm 

captain cab wrote:

The stock market has gone up significantly due to the poor pound.

The poor pound is significantly down due to Brexit.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 am 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

But the weak pound is good for business right? Look at TATA Steel, they were looking to sell lock stock and barrel before Brexit. Now the pound has devalued they aren't so quick to sell because orders have increased.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:46 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Nidge2 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

But the weak pound is good for business right? Look at TATA Steel, they were looking to sell lock stock and barrel before Brexit. Now the pound has devalued they aren't so quick to sell because orders have increased.

only temporary if brexit is not a disaster expect the pound to rise again significantly

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:20 am 

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/4-5- ... s-new-jobs

was going to Germany

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 am 

MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/4-5-billion-investment-in-new-trains-creates-new-jobs

was going to Germany

that was from 2012 when we were still in the EU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:48 am 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/4-5-billion-investment-in-new-trains-creates-new-jobs

was going to Germany

that was from 2012 when we were still in the EU

You might be right but....the contract has been awarded just this week

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:52 am 

Nidge2 wrote:

Absolutely.

One of the reasons Tata have had a partial renag.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:53 am 

edders23 wrote:

only temporary if brexit is not a disaster expect the pound to rise again significantly

A disastrous Brexit will lead to the pound devaluing not rising.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am 

Nidge2 wrote:

But the decreased value of the pound means that imports into this country cost more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:13 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

But the decreased value of the pound means that imports into this country cost more.
Less

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next