Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36896
Location: Wayneistan
Nidge2 wrote:

The EU need over £40billion to plug a massive black hole. They haven't got that sort of money.


We've now got a magic money tree tho

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:45 am
Posts: 9173
Location: Clandestine, soon to be Russia.
captain cab wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:

The EU need over £40billion to plug a massive black hole. They haven't got that sort of money.


We've now got a magic money tree tho


You might get a new golf course to play on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:36 pm
Posts: 457
captain cab wrote:
is that a fair enough answer?

oh the lies folk were told


Exactly, just like the governor of the Bank of England telling us it would be an economic apocalypse to leave the EU. He's eating humble pie now ;

Speaking before the House of Commons’ Treasury Select Committee, the former Goldman Sachs veteran said that, as things currently stand, “financial stability risks around [the EU exit] process are greater on the Continent than they are in the U.K.”
“There is a tremendous financial services capacity in Britain and even though there will be shortfalls at the point of leaving [depending on the exit arrangement], these are more likely to affect Europe,” Carney said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36896
Location: Wayneistan
x-ray wrote:
captain cab wrote:
is that a fair enough answer?

oh the lies folk were told


Exactly, just like the governor of the Bank of England telling us it would be an economic apocalypse to leave the EU. He's eating humble pie now ;

Speaking before the House of Commons’ Treasury Select Committee, the former Goldman Sachs veteran said that, as things currently stand, “financial stability risks around [the EU exit] process are greater on the Continent than they are in the U.K.”
“There is a tremendous financial services capacity in Britain and even though there will be shortfalls at the point of leaving [depending on the exit arrangement], these are more likely to affect Europe,” Carney said.


we haven't left yet and the pound is a basket case

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:25 pm
Posts: 36896
Location: Wayneistan
cabby john wrote:

You have confused me on the above, (probably its me). Could you rephrase/explain your questions.


do you not think you've been lied to by successive governments and the out campaign?

for its many ills the EU is in my view our best option.

pay has been reduced in real terms since the world economic collapse that everyone is blaming labour for.

the EU will make this a good place to be, because trusting tories isn't a wise thing to do - the powers that be, keep themselves in splendour, I didn't notice too many rich folk complaining about the nearly 10 year austerity we've been subjected to.

IMO the EU threaten them, that's why they wanted us out.

And like the saps we are, we chose race hate and voted.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:20 am
Posts: 2910
Location: Over here!
Quote:
do you not think you've been lied to by successive governments and the out campaign?


We have been consistently lied to by politicians who have one eye on a fantastic salary and gold plated pensions - the Kinnocks being a classic example. The one thing that you have got to give the leaver politicians credit for is, they are turning their back on the Euro gravy train. With regards to the campaign - lies were told all round.

Quote:
for its many ills the EU is in my view our best option.


"Many ills" is very apt! I mentioned earlier that Italy is in very poor shape (banks being shored up as we type). We have Greece who is in a massive mess, (all very conveniently quiet at the moment), then you have France, Portugal and Spain going down the toilet. The only reason that it has not imploded, is that additional countries are let into the fold with loads of cash to pass onto these failing countries! Does Ponzi scheme ring any bells?

Quote:
pay has been reduced in real terms since the world economic collapse that everyone is blaming labour for.


Pay was being reduced well before then. It is all part of the Euro plan to transfer jobs to virtually 3rd world parts of Europe in order to keep wages down, of course, the real reason is to make rude profits for the so called elite - making 100s of millions profit is no good any more.........the new profit currency being BILLIONS.

Quote:
the EU will make this a good place to be, because trusting tories isn't a wise thing to do - the powers that be, keep themselves in splendour, I didn't notice too many rich folk complaining about the nearly 10 year austerity we've been subjected to.


Imo it is not a good time to be in any organisation that is basically bankrupt. I have said it before and will say it again - it will in time implode, the same as the Soviet Union did - greed as ever being the cause. As you say "the powers that be, keep themselves in splendour, I didn't notice too many rich folk complaining about the nearly 10 year austerity we've been subjected to." - that is always the case, just the same as recessions never really affecting those people.

Quote:
And like the saps we are, we chose race hate and voted.


I do not think that for one minute that people voted for "Race Hate". You only had to watch what is happening in Germany, Sweden, and France re the criminal element, to then see the type of people gathering in Calais, a very high percentage being criminals. Men who apparently left their wives and children behind in war zones to seek a better life = BLOODY LIARS - no decent man would leave his family behind in a war zone. Then you have the 14/15/16-year-olds who were well in their 20s telling lies to get into this country. On the aforementioned, I could go on all day.

It is not about race, it is about seeing with your very own eyes that 1. there are people by the thousands who are dangerous 2. we do not have enough jobs when you have a situation whereby street beggars from abroad are actually taking the jobs of (Big Issue sellers). 3. Our infrastructure is creaking badly i.e. Hospitals, schools, housing, welfare, doctors waiting rooms etc etc - how with all that going on can anyone say that is racist? It is not racist - it is common sense not to take in more than you can look after. My real thought on the racist jibe every time, is that it is another PC attempt to stifle any thought that does not agree with staying in - do a Diane Abbott.....lets throw in the race card #-o

_________________
if you cannot be yourself, then who can you be.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 7777
The rule of Chaos.....create it ....and the people that do will make money /power....seen it all before....

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:36 pm
Posts: 457
We were lied to by both sides over the referendum. Just like we were lied to by both sides in the election. The only difference was Labour knew they wouldn't have to deliver on their promises.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group