Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Divorce settlement
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:22 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I think we will have to pay close to £80 billion to escape the EU but would much rather it was less than £25 billion . My question is what do you think is a fair or acceptable amount to pay in settlement of our "commitments" :?: :arrow:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:52 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I think we will have to pay close to £80 billion to escape the EU but would much rather it was less than £25 billion . My question is what do you think is a fair or acceptable amount to pay in settlement of our "commitments" :?: :arrow:

We had to pay to join.

So why do we"have" to pay to leave.

So sue me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 pm 

How about any payment is postponed until they agree to the EU accounts being subject to independent scrutiny?
Seems reasonable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:14 pm 

To my way of thinking;If we have signed up to future commitments, (and we have to pay), then we will/should also benefit from those commitments......unfortunately that will mean we are still in!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:33 pm 

jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:

We had to pay to join.

So why do we"have" to pay to leave.

So sue me.

AIUI

We don't owe them....they want the money so that we can still trade with them.(ransom)...the question is what are we prepared to pay.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 pm 

edders23 wrote:

Us getting our freedom from them is money well spent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:05 am 

The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 am 

grandad wrote:
The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.

All the UK asks is for the hard proof of what the EU says we are due them and because the EU are full of shit and rank dishonesty they can't come up with any such proof that we owe them a single penny.

By what the legal eagles say it would seem that legally we owe the EU nothing at all and anything we see fit to offer is by way of the UKs governments goodwill.

We should just walk out and let them stew...screw the lot of them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:55 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:

All the UK asks is for the hard proof of what the EU says we are due them and because the EU are full of shit and rank dishonesty they can't come up with any such proof that we owe them a single penny.

By what the legal eagles say it would seem that legally we owe the EU nothing at all and anything we see fit to offer is by way of the UKs governments goodwill.

Spot-on.......But it it also to pay for new trade deals..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:56 pm 

:D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:58 pm 

MR T wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:

Ahh...so we got to smooth the way by greasing their greedy EU palms with silver, another reason I loathe and distrust them...a bunch of self serving deviants.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:38 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:

Ahh...so we got to smooth the way by greasing their greedy EU palms with silver, another reason I loathe and distrust them...a bunch of self serving deviants.

our our politicians any different ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !