Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Divorce settlement
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 10195
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I think we will have to pay close to £80 billion to escape the EU but would much rather it was less than £25 billion . My question is what do you think is a fair or acceptable amount to pay in settlement of our "commitments" :?: :arrow:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 3763
Location: Lincoln
edders23 wrote:
I think we will have to pay close to £80 billion to escape the EU but would much rather it was less than £25 billion . My question is what do you think is a fair or acceptable amount to pay in settlement of our "commitments" :?: :arrow:



We had to pay to join.

So why do we"have" to pay to leave.

So sue me.

_________________
Myth and Reality?

Typewriters and monkeys?

To infinity and beyond!

The "arch restrictionist?"

17+ 22+ 30 = 53?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 7:55 pm
Posts: 427
How about any payment is postponed until they agree to the EU accounts being subject to independent scrutiny?
Seems reasonable.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 pm
Posts: 1280
Location: Over here.
To my way of thinking;If we have signed up to future commitments, (and we have to pay), then we will/should also benefit from those commitments......unfortunately that will mean we are still in!

_________________
Common sense........is just not that Common.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 7774
jimbo wrote:
edders23 wrote:
I think we will have to pay close to £80 billion to escape the EU but would much rather it was less than £25 billion . My question is what do you think is a fair or acceptable amount to pay in settlement of our "commitments" :?: :arrow:



We had to pay to join.

So why do we"have" to pay to leave.

So sue me.

AIUI

We don't owe them....they want the money so that we can still trade with them.(ransom)...the question is what are we prepared to pay.

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 39389
Location: 1066 Country
edders23 wrote:
I think we will have to pay close to £80 billion to escape the EU but would much rather it was less than £25 billion . My question is what do you think is a fair or acceptable amount to pay in settlement of our "commitments" :?: :arrow:

Us getting our freedom from them is money well spent.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:27 pm
Posts: 16837
The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 8013
grandad wrote:
The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.



All the UK asks is for the hard proof of what the EU says we are due them and because the EU are full of shit and rank dishonesty they can't come up with any such proof that we owe them a single penny.

By what the legal eagles say it would seem that legally we owe the EU nothing at all and anything we see fit to offer is by way of the UKs governments goodwill.

We should just walk out and let them stew...screw the lot of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 7774
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:
The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.




All the UK asks is for the hard proof of what the EU says we are due them and because the EU are full of shit and rank dishonesty they can't come up with any such proof that we owe them a single penny.

By what the legal eagles say it would seem that legally we owe the EU nothing at all and anything we see fit to offer is by way of the UKs governments goodwill.


We should just walk out and let them stew...screw the lot of them.




Spot-on.......But it it also to pay for new trade deals..

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:26 pm
Posts: 7774
:D

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 8013
MR T wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
grandad wrote:
The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.




All the UK asks is for the hard proof of what the EU says we are due them and because the EU are full of shit and rank dishonesty they can't come up with any such proof that we owe them a single penny.

By what the legal eagles say it would seem that legally we owe the EU nothing at all and anything we see fit to offer is by way of the UKs governments goodwill.


We should just walk out and let them stew...screw the lot of them.



Spot-on.......But it it also to pay for new trade deals..


Ahh...so we got to smooth the way by greasing their greedy EU palms with silver, another reason I loathe and distrust them...a bunch of self serving deviants.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 10195
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
MR T wrote:
grandad wrote:
The reason that we have to pay in even though we are leaving is because many of the schemes that we pay into and benefit from will still be running for some years after we have left so we are required to pay our share of those schemes and of course we will still benefit from the schemes we are still paying for. The reason that the bill seems to be high may be because instead of paying annually for these schemes we may have to pay up front for the remainder of the time they will be running.




All the UK asks is for the hard proof of what the EU says we are due them and because the EU are full of shit and rank dishonesty they can't come up with any such proof that we owe them a single penny.

By what the legal eagles say it would seem that legally we owe the EU nothing at all and anything we see fit to offer is by way of the UKs governments goodwill.


We should just walk out and let them stew...screw the lot of them.

Spot-on.......But it it also to pay for new trade deals..


Ahh...so we got to smooth the way by greasing their greedy EU palms with silver, another reason I loathe and distrust them...a bunch of self serving deviants.


our our politicians any different ?

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group