Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:24 pm 

Well, I have got my nomination papers all signed up ready to go in so that I can stand for re-election on May 2nd.
I don't suppose any of you others are giving it a go?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:56 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
NO

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:13 am 

Quote:
I don't suppose any of you others are giving it a go?

Not a chance in f***ing hell.

But I wish you well.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:13 am 

NOPE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:20 pm 

Massive protest vote against politicians of every colour in the locals. I predict an awful lot of independent councillors winning .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:25 pm 

jimbo wrote:
Massive protest vote against politicians of every colour in the locals. I predict an awful lot of independent councillors winning .

I have been a Councillor for 3 of the last 4 years and still consider myself to be learning the ropes. my worry is that there will be an awful lot of new people who have no experience getting jobs that they are unprepared for. This could mean that officers will be able to take control from Councillors who know no different.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:38 am 

grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:

I have been a Councillor for 3 of the last 4 years and still consider myself to be learning the ropes. my worry is that there will be an awful lot of new people who have no experience getting jobs that they are unprepared for. This could mean that officers will be able to take control from Councillors who know no different.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:20 am 

grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Agree with your sentiments but it does not just apply to new Councillors,there are people who have been elected year after year who believe what an Officer says is the truth,Officers should always be challenged on decisions or advice that is given.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:22 am 

heathcote wrote:
grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Agree with your sentiments but it does not just apply to new Councillors,there are people who have been elected year after year who believe what an Officer says is the truth,Officers should always be challenged on decisions or advice that is given.

Absolutely. Some of our Councillors are just waking up to the fact that the information given to them is not always as it should be. This seems to have come about since I resigned 3 years ago and proved that they were being lied to. Strangely since then there are only 2 survivors in the senior management team at the Council and the whole of the licensing team have been replaced, the Chief Exec has been replaced and the then Leader of the Council, who resigned immediately afterwards, is not standing for re election this time.
Maybe just a coincidence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:07 pm 

Heathcote wrote:
Agree with your sentiments but it does not just apply to new Councillors, there are people who have been elected year after year who believe what an Officer says is the truth, Officers should always be challenged on decisions or advice that is given.

=D> =D> =D>

Grandad wrote:
Absolutely. Some of our Councillors are just waking up to the fact that the information given to them is not always as it should be. This seems to have come about since I resigned 3 years ago and proved that they were being lied to. Strangely since then there are only 2 survivors in the senior management team at the Council and the whole of the licensing team have been replaced, the Chief Exec has been replaced and the then Leader of the Council, who resigned immediately afterwards, is not standing for re election this time.
Maybe just a coincidence.

=D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:09 am 

Grandad, have your Brexit stance ready cos it will be the biggest factor in local, General and European elections in the near future

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:27 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Grandad, have your Brexit stance ready cos it will be the biggest factor in local, General and European elections in the near future
The biggest factor here at the moment is the £400,000 cost of our 2 new toilet blocks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:09 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:

How we have 5 wards and between them there are 10 tory candidates 3 labour 1 lib dem and 1 independent

There are no independent candidates to vote for !!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:12 pm 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:

How we have 5 wards and between them there are 10 tory candidates 3 labour 1 lib dem and 1 independent

There are no independent candidates to vote for !!

Of the 28 seats up for election here we have 27 tory candidates. Labour have put forward just 5, yes 5 candidates.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:08 pm 

Been out today delivering letters to postal voters. I am absolutely knackered. Election leaflets on Sunday and again on Monday, if I survive Sunday.