Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:17 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
grandad wrote:
Been out today delivering letters to postal voters. I am absolutely knackered. Election leaflets on Sunday and again on Monday, if I survive Sunday.

thought you were in training for this with the biking to work etc. ? :-"

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:42 am 

edders23 wrote:
grandad wrote:
Been out today delivering letters to postal voters. I am absolutely knackered. Election leaflets on Sunday and again on Monday, if I survive Sunday.

thought you were in training for this with the biking to work etc. ? :-"
It didn't help very much. I am so unfit. We will be going round door knocking soon. I hope most people are in so I get a bit of a breather.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:48 am 

Can I (pant pant)count (pant pant) on your (paNT PANT) (SOUND OF DOOR SLAMMING !) :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:28 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Can I (pant pant)count (pant pant) on your (paNT PANT) (SOUND OF DOOR SLAMMING !) :lol: :lol:
I would hope the sound would be them ordering an ambulance.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:03 am 

well today's the day although the result locally will be a walkover for the tories so no chance of any change form the tax Stamford spend Grantham policies :sad:

I do hope Bishnauthing loses though

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:33 pm 

My 21 year old running mate and I were both elected in the former Labour "safe" seat. We did lose 3 very experienced Councillors though. The new Council is 22 Tories, 1 Green and 5 independents.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 6:54 pm 

grandad wrote:
My 21 year old running mate and I were both elected in the former Labour "safe" seat. We did lose 3 very experienced Councillors though. The new Council is 22 Tories, 1 Green and 5 independents.

Tories pretty much walked it round here but that Bishnauthing got back in :sad:

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:46 pm 

grandad wrote:

=D> =D> =D>

Although from what I read from the headlines you seem to have bucked a very definite national trend in the other direction? (At least away from the Tories rather than towards Labour.)

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:33 pm 

Methinks the battle is over for many Tory and Labour councillors but the sweeping scythe of revenge at the forthcoming EU and GE votes shall make this day look like a kindergarten party.....

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 8:58 pm 

StuartW wrote:
grandad wrote:

=D> =D> =D>

Although from what I read from the headlines you seem to have bucked a very definite national trend in the other direction? (At least away from the Tories rather than towards Labour.)

We did not expect to win as many seats as we did. At one time last night as the votes were being verified in our ballot boxes we thought that the greens were going to win both seats. It was only when the postal votes were added and the count began we thought we had a chance and in the end my colleague beat me by 9 votes and I was 19 ahead of the next candidate. Labour came 4th and 5th in my ward and that was the best they did all night. Their other 3 candidates all finished in last place.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:56 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Methinks the battle is over for many Tory and Labour councillors but the sweeping scythe of revenge at the forthcoming EU and GE votes shall make this day look like a kindergarten party.....

Yes I agree it looks like the end for Liebour and the Tories, you don't treat the electorate like that and expect to get away with it.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:40 am 

Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Yes I agree it looks like the end for Liebour and the Tories, you don't treat the electorate like that and expect to get away with it.

Throughout the Borough, our percentage of the vote was up 4% on the 2015 election whilst the share for Labour went down by 15 percent. The Greens and independents had gains but UKIP also dropped by 9 percent.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:09 am 

grandad wrote:
Nidge2 wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Throughout the Borough, our percentage of the vote was up 4% on the 2015 election whilst the share for Labour went down by 15 percent. The Greens and independents had gains but UKIP also dropped by 9 percent.

Turnout at elections gives a better idea of voter satisfaction,low turnouts probably points to poor voter satisfaction of the performances of Councillors and MPs.
It is about time the truth was the only words that came out of the mouths of those seeking election.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:43 am 

heathcote wrote:

Turnout at elections gives a better idea of voter satisfaction,low turnouts probably points to poor voter satisfaction of the performances of Councillors and MPs.
It is about time the truth was the only words that came out of the mouths of those seeking election.

Turnout for local elections are notoriously low. In my ward there were roughly the same number of people vote this time as there were when I won the by election in 2017.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:48 am 

One of the Labour candidates has stood for election 5 times since 2007 and lost every time. I have beaten him 3 times in 4 years now. When do you think he will get the message that he is flogging a dead horse?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next