Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Deputy Mayor
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34311
Page 1 of 2

Author:  grandad [ Wed May 08, 2019 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Deputy Mayor

I have been nominated to be this years Deputy Mayor. This will be confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council on Thursday 16th May. I am the only candidate being put forward for the position. After serving for this year as Deputy Mayor I will automatically be the Mayor next year. unless I resign again.

Author:  StuartW [ Wed May 08, 2019 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

grandad wrote:
I have been nominated to be this years Deputy Mayor. This will be confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council on Thursday 16th May. I am the only candidate being put forward for the position. After serving for this year as Deputy Mayor I will automatically be the Mayor next year. unless I resign again.


Bet you're \:D/

But a =D> from me.

But are we still allowed to call you Grandad on here? 8-[

Author:  heathcote [ Wed May 08, 2019 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

grandad wrote:
I have been nominated to be this years Deputy Mayor. This will be confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council on Thursday 16th May. I am the only candidate being put forward for the position. After serving for this year as Deputy Mayor I will automatically be the Mayor next year. unless I resign again.



Congratulations .

Author:  Chris the Fish [ Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Congratulations Your Deputy Worship.

Can I suggest your avatar could be the Mayor of Trumpton.

Author:  edders23 [ Thu May 09, 2019 5:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

I'm surprised they are offering that to you so early in your political career normally it is one of the longest serving gets it as an honour

congrats anyway and as for avatar DEPUTY DAWG :lol:

Author:  Sussex [ Thu May 09, 2019 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

grandad wrote:
I have been nominated to be this years Deputy Mayor. This will be confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council on Thursday 16th May. I am the only candidate being put forward for the position. After serving for this year as Deputy Mayor I will automatically be the Mayor next year. unless I resign again.

As Deputy Mayor and Mayor wont you have to watch what you say and do? :-#

Author:  grandad [ Thu May 09, 2019 1:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Sussex wrote:
grandad wrote:
I have been nominated to be this years Deputy Mayor. This will be confirmed at the annual meeting of the Council on Thursday 16th May. I am the only candidate being put forward for the position. After serving for this year as Deputy Mayor I will automatically be the Mayor next year. unless I resign again.

As Deputy Mayor and Mayor wont you have to watch what you say and do? :-#

I already have watch what I say and do.
Recently I was reported for a breach of the Councillor code of conduct by a taxi driver. All I did was offer him some advice on how to hold on to his badge. He was plying for hire on a rank but facing the wrong way because he didn't want to go further up the road and face the correct way because someone else may have got the space first. When he was challenged about it by another driver he got very abusive in front of various witnesses and the final straw was that he didn't have his drivers badge with him, it was at home 15 miles away. I simply advised him that he should be wearing his badge and he should go home and get it and suggested that he should obey rank discipline as per our policy and not get abusive to other drivers. He reported me saying that I told him I was an enforcement officer and I was going to have his badge. Still he came unstuck because after an investigation I was cleared of any wrongdoing and he could now be facing a hearing because in his complaint he admitted all the things that he was doing wrong.

Author:  Sussex [ Thu May 09, 2019 1:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Quote:
I already have watch what I say and do.

As believe it or not do I. :roll:

Thankfully few people know that I'm an MP. :shock:

Author:  Sussex [ Thu May 09, 2019 1:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Quote:
Still he came unstuck because after an investigation I was cleared of any wrongdoing and he could now be facing a hearing because in his complaint he admitted all the things that he was doing wrong.

Good.

Author:  MR T [ Thu May 09, 2019 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Good Luck

Author:  edders23 [ Thu May 09, 2019 5:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Sussex wrote:
Quote:
I already have watch what I say and do.

As believe it or not do I. :roll:

Thankfully few people know that I'm an MP. :shock:


:---) [-X

Author:  MR T [ Thu May 09, 2019 5:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

edders23 wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Quote:
I already have watch what I say and do.

As believe it or not do I. :roll:

Thankfully few people know that I'm an MP. :shock:


:---) [-X

Miserable pensioner

Author:  grandad [ Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

edders23 wrote:
I'm surprised they are offering that to you so early in your political career normally it is one of the longest serving gets it as an honour


The mayor for 2017/18 was deputy Mayor after serving just 1 year. Most of the longer serving Councillors have already been Mayor. The current Mayor has been a Councillor for many years and this years mayor was also Mayor 25 years ago. There a 3 reasons that I have the job of deputy this year and Mayor next year. 1, i have taken what was a safe Labour seat 3 times in 4 years. 2, I have the time available to actually do the job. and 3, no one else put their name forward.

Author:  Sussex [ Fri May 10, 2019 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Quote:
and 3, no one else put their name forward.

Is the correct answer.

That's why I will be the Chairman of a rather important group of people from October. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Author:  Nidge2 [ Fri May 10, 2019 7:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Deputy Mayor

Mayors are a total waste of money and time.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/