Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

2nd Referendum
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=34385
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Sussex [ Wed May 29, 2019 6:53 pm ]
Post subject:  2nd Referendum

Really dislike the phrase 'People's Vote', FFS who else f***ing well votes bar the people?

That said I was interested to read comments from the Labour Party Chairman.

Ian Lavery, the Labour party chairman, has hit out at a section of pro-remain campaigners for sneering at “ordinary people” with pro-Brexit views and sniping at those who want to see the results of the 2016 poll respected.

As Jeremy Corbyn faces intense pressure to back a “people’s vote” in the wake of the European elections, Lavery argued in an article for the Guardian that Labour would not win a general election “simply by fighting for the biggest share of the 48%”


Struggle to disagree with that.

Author:  rayggb [ Wed May 29, 2019 10:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

And if it's 52% remain 48% leave can we have best out 3 ? Or 5 ?.Apparently 90% of MPs went to university,now that tells me common sense is not their forte !.

Author:  bloodnock [ Thu May 30, 2019 6:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

I seem to recall the people already had voted, they voted to leave.

And if that shower of liars at Westminster decide to a Add a remain box on the ballot paper to the peoples vote then it's simply just another EU referendum, or if they Add a remain box, a Take the Deal on offer Box or a No deal box on the ballot paper then it's nothing more than a cynical ploy to split the leave vote by enough to ensure we stay, it would be 48% remain and the other 52% leave split to some extent.

They are trying to rig the vote to ensure a remain win...that's why we cannot have another vote.

Author:  grandad [ Thu May 30, 2019 8:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

bloodnock wrote:
I seem to recall the people already had voted, they voted to leave.

And if that shower of liars at Westminster decide to a Add a remain box on the ballot paper to the peoples vote then it's simply just another EU referendum, or if they Add a remain box, a Take the Deal on offer Box or a No deal box on the ballot paper then it's nothing more than a cynical ploy to split the leave vote by enough to ensure we stay, it would be 48% remain and the other 52% leave split to some extent.

They are trying to rig the vote to ensure a remain win...that's why we cannot have another vote.

Firstly I am against another vote ut if there is one then there would have to be a proviso that if the number who want to leave, with or without a deal outnumber those that want to stay then that is that and the winner would be the highest number of votes for whichever leave deal is on offer.
At this stage I would guess that leave without a deal would be more than leave with a deal.

Author:  edders23 [ Thu May 30, 2019 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

I think IF they do have a fresh referendum then there should be 4 options to vote for 2 for stay 2 for leave

1) stay as things are
2) stay in customs union only
3) leave with TM's deal
4) leave with no deal

Author:  Nidge2 [ Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

If they vote to remain we want another vote because the first one won.

Author:  heathcote [ Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

Nidge2 wrote:
If they vote to remain we want another vote because the first one won.



Agree

Author:  MR T [ Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

It's not about whether we leave the EU now or not, it's about whether or not this country is seeing the death of democracy if we have a second vote.

Author:  trotskys twin [ Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

MR T wrote:
It's not about whether we leave the EU now or not, it's about whether or not this country is seeing the death of democracy if we have a second vote.



Another ref can and will be stopped by civil unrest =D>

Author:  grandad [ Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

trotskys twin wrote:
MR T wrote:
It's not about whether we leave the EU now or not, it's about whether or not this country is seeing the death of democracy if we have a second vote.



Another ref can and will be stopped by civil unrest =D>
Your lot are likely to support another referendum.

Author:  bloodnock [ Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

MR T wrote:
It's not about whether we leave the EU now or not, it's about whether or not this country is seeing the death of democracy if we have a second vote.



Theres something wrong with the 2nd vote brigades idea that it is being democratic in wanting a 2nd vote, that idea makes the first vote pointless and by association it makes our electoral majority representational style of democracy worthless.

The 2nd vote bridade (the referendum losers) seems to think that democracy won't be served until we get a result that they want.

Can't they see the absolute absurdity of their argument in denying the democratic will of the electoral majority just to placate a disgruntled minority, would they discount every past election win, By-Election Win, Local council win and even the somewhat dubious vote that took us into the EU way back in 1975? because the result displeased a minority?

Nope....a Second vote is wrong, it kills democracy under the pretence of being democratic. it is minority rule, indeed it's almost mob rule where a minority seeks to overturn a majority vote through non democratic and underhanded means.

They also seek a rigged vote designed to split the leave camp by just enough to ensure the one type of remain option wins.....if that goes ahead it'll be more than just democracy that dies it'll be the end of all trust in UK politics for the next 60 years, indeed it'll change politics and embolden the EU style where they have a pretend democratically elected parliament being run by unelected EU presidents who the EU citizens have no vote in electing, the EU elite do as they please, democracy means as little to them as it does to our pro EU 2nd voter fraternity...........and we cant allow that to happen here.

Author:  MR T [ Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

bloodnock wrote:
MR T wrote:
It's not about whether we leave the EU now or not, it's about whether or not this country is seeing the death of democracy if we have a second vote.



Theres something wrong with the 2nd vote brigades idea that it is being democratic in wanting a 2nd vote, that idea makes the first vote pointless and by association it makes our electoral majority representational style of democracy worthless.

The 2nd vote bridade (the referendum losers) seems to think that democracy won't be served until we get a result that they want.

Can't they see the absolute absurdity of their argument in denying the democratic will of the electoral majority just to placate a disgruntled minority, would they discount every past election win, By-Election Win, Local council win and even the somewhat dubious vote that took us into the EU way back in 1975? because the result displeased a minority?

Nope....a Second vote is wrong, it kills democracy under the pretence of being democratic. it is minority rule, indeed it's almost mob rule where a minority seeks to overturn a majority vote through non democratic and underhanded means.

They also seek a rigged vote designed to split the leave camp by just enough to ensure the one type of remain option wins.....if that goes ahead it'll be more than just democracy that dies it'll be the end of all trust in UK politics for the next 60 years, indeed it'll change politics and embolden the EU style where they have a pretend democratically elected parliament being run by unelected EU presidents who the EU citizens have no vote in electing, the EU elite do as they please, democracy means as little to them as it does to our pro EU 2nd voter fraternity...........and we cant allow that to happen here.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2nd Referendum

If this country wants to move on to a successful future we need to implement referendum 1.

If we don't and go for referendum 2 the problems will not end there, they will go on and on and on.

All that said I believe leave will win again.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/