Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: letter from Boris
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:59 am 

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX,

It’s an honour to be the new Leader of the Conservative Party. Here’s what we’ll do together.
First, I want to thank you for your membership of the Conservative Party. Members like you fund our campaigns and help us win.

Now that the leadership campaign is over, it’s time to get on with the job.

So even if you didn’t vote for me, I’m counting on your support.

Never forget, Mr XXXXXXXX, that there’s an unreconstructed Marxist waiting in the wings.

Jeremy Corbyn hasn’t ended his campaign to be Prime Minister. He is the very real consequence of any more delay.

That’s why I’ll get Brexit done by the 31st of October. So we can bring the change that people voted for in the referendum.

That means investing in our NHS. Giving GP surgeries and hospitals the resources they need.

Investing in our schools. So every child has the opportunity to succeed.

Giving young people the chance to buy their own home.

And getting a grip on rising crime – with an extra 20,000 police officers. So they can get out on the streets and keep us safe.

This is what I’ll deliver – but I need your support. If you back my plan, then why not share it with a friend who isn’t a member?

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson
Conservative Party Leader

Post subject: Re: letter from Boris
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:42 pm 

grandad wrote:
Dear Mr XXXXXXXX,

It’s an honour to be the new Leader of the Conservative Party. Here’s what we’ll do together.
First, I want to thank you for your membership of the Conservative Party. Members like you fund our campaigns and help us win.

Now that the leadership campaign is over, it’s time to get on with the job.

So even if you didn’t vote for me, I’m counting on your support.

Never forget, Mr XXXXXXXX, that there’s an unreconstructed Marxist waiting in the wings.

Jeremy Corbyn hasn’t ended his campaign to be Prime Minister. He is the very real consequence of any more delay.

That’s why I’ll get Brexit done by the 31st of October. So we can bring the change that people voted for in the referendum.

That means investing in our NHS. Giving GP surgeries and hospitals the resources they need.

Investing in our schools. So every child has the opportunity to succeed.

Giving young people the chance to buy their own home.

And getting a grip on rising crime – with an extra 20,000 police officers. So they can get out on the streets and keep us safe.

This is what I’ll deliver – but I need your support. If you back my plan, then why not share it with a friend who isn’t a member?

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson
Conservative Party Leader

PS. Can you donate £3 a week to the save Boris charity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:13 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
the proof of the pudding as they say

personally I think it will turn out to be a rotten apple filling rather than cherry but I wouldn't object to being proved wrong

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:03 pm 

I hope he succeeds, his problem is he's already locked himself into a 3 month "Do or Die" corner, but with all the parliamentary Bremainers seeking to put their idolisation of the EU before UK democracy then poor Boris could just have been used as the fall guy.

Yet he might prove he has the bottle to take us out on a No Deal but he'll have to face down the remoaners in westminster by hook or by crook, and he points out It's not Brexit that is the problem it's the uncertainty brought about because of 3 years Brexit inactivity.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:53 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
I hope he succeeds, his problem is he's already locked himself into a 3 month "Do or Die" corner, but with all the parliamentary Bremainers seeking to put their idolisation of the EU before UK democracy then poor Boris could just have been used as the fall guy.

Yet he might prove he has the bottle to take us out on a No Deal but he'll have to face down the remoaners in westminster by hook or by crook, and he points out It's not Brexit that is the problem it's the uncertainty brought about because of 3 years Brexit inactivity.

But he was one of the biggest liars before and after the vote to leave,in fact they all told lies so how can you trust or believe any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:12 pm 

heathcote wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

But he was one of the biggest liars before and after the vote to leave,in fact they all told lies so how can you trust or believe any of them.

Well, 95% of Politicians are liars............He's got 3 months to take us out or his latest lie will catch up with him by November the 1st and he'll never be heard of again, He's either honest and survives or dishonest and toast, I don't mind him using a few porkies along the road to getting us out just so long as he does get us out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:35 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Well, 95% of Politicians are liars.

REALLY :shock: are you telling me that as many as 5 per cent never lie :shock:

I think sir you are mistaken in your optimism that there are that many honest politicians

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:11 pm 

I love the way he has set the agenda.

If you are with me, then welcome to the Cabinet, if not go f*** yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

He'll do it, he's been working on it for the last 3 years, the MP's are in place to kick it into gear. Tell the EU to Foxtrot Oscar we don't need them, they need us more.