Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:45 pm 

Tom Watson accused of ‘whipping up moral panic’ over false paedophile ring claim

The son of the late Labour peer Lord Janner has said Tom Watson should ‘hang his head in shame’ for ‘whipping up a moral panic’ around the false allegations a Westminster paedophile accuser made against his father. Daniel Janner QC said that the Labour deputy leader was ‘primarily responsible’ for creating a furore around the ‘extremely hurtful’ claims.

He was speaking outside Newcastle Crown Court ahead of the sentencing of Carl Beech, who falsely accused a string of high-profile figures – including Mr Janner’s father the late Labour MP Greville Janner – of being part of a paedophile ring comprised of high-profile figures. Beech was jailed for 18 years earlier today.

Mr Watson has been criticised for meeting Beech in 2014, known at that time as ‘Nick’, to discuss the false allegations, two years after speaking out in Parliament about the potential existence of a high-profile paedophile ring.

The former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor, another to be named by Beech in his made-up stories, said that Mr Watson ‘gave oxygen’ to the fantasist’s claims, saying: ‘The Metropolitan Police were lapdogs to Mr Watson’s crude dog whistle. It’s time for the torchlight to take a closer look at Mr Watson.’

Mr Janner said on Friday: ‘Tom Watson is primarily responsible for whipping up a moral panic. ‘So he should hang his head in shame, and he should resign. ‘For him to take the moral high ground in the Labour Party against anti-Semitism is completely hypocritical.’

In a statement issued after Beech was convicted of 12 counts of perverting the course of justice and one of fraud, Mr Watson said: ‘I met the man I knew as “Nick” once, on July 8 2014, two years after I had raised my question in Parliament. ‘During that meeting Nick said very little and did not name any of his alleged abusers.

‘I reassured Nick that the police had made clear that all allegations of historic sex abuse would be taken seriously and treated sensitively. ‘That is what the police had asked me to do, and it was the process I followed with all those who claimed to be survivors of historic child sex abuse.’

Lord Janner served as a Labour MP in Leicester between 1970 and 1997, and chaired the Select Committee on Employment at one stage. He died in December 2015 after a period of suffering from dementia, at a time when Beech’s allegations were still under investigation. His family has always maintained his innocence, with Mr Janner saying on Friday: ‘We were looking after a man who had dementia and was weeks from death when these allegations came out. ‘It was an extremely hurtful and very sad period in our lives, but we’re moving on.’

He also criticised the Metropolitan Police, who investigated Beech’s claims, after a senior detective at one stage described them as ‘credible and true’. ‘Highly damaging, highly hurtful, but Tom Watson should go,’ Mr Janner said.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:10 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
typical of the modern labour lot you wouldn't have had Wilson or Callaghan stooping to such lows :sad:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:03 pm 

Labour are not labour.they are full of politically correct university types who tell me I'm wrong and should think like they think.when they point with the knuckle instead of the finger,does my head in!.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:33 pm 

rayggb wrote:
Labour are not labour.they are full of politically correct university types who tell me I'm wrong and should think like they think.when they point with the knuckle instead of the finger,does my head in!.

That's the modern "power Point"......they all seem to use it these days, bunch of weirdos.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:35 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
bloodnock wrote:
rayggb wrote:

That's the modern "power Point"......they all seem to use it these days, bunch of weirdos.

especially that unreconstructed marxist at the top

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:12 pm 

You can accuse many at the top of Labour Party of being scum correctly but one of the worst is Tom Watson a despicable assole. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

He will be expelled from the Party, note how he has vanished from the media totally discredited and abhorred by most in the Party and by the public in general !

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:10 pm 

trotskys twin wrote:
You can accuse many at the top of Labour Party of being scum correctly but one of the worst is Tom Watson a despicable assole. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

He will be expelled from the Party, note how he has vanished from the media totally discredited and abhorred by most in the Party and by the public in general !

He will be the next leader, with that smarmy so and so Starmer as his deputy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:46 pm 

No he will not have you seen or heard from him lately with almost continous TV coverage of the commons recently .....he's dead meet dirty stinking piece of chit :evil:

Kier starmer a typical QC dishonest no principles a right wing parasite had the pleasure of giving him the treatment lately ................the ponce was not amused i was roundly applauded =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.u

F88K EM ALL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

BOOZE BOOZE BOOZE