Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Margaret Ferrier
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:40 am 

If Sturgeon doesn’t sack Ferrier immediately it will surely leave the snp coronavirus policy in shreds.

A covidiot of the first order.

Post subject: Re: Margaret Ferrier
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:20 am 

jimbo wrote:
If Sturgeon doesn’t sack Ferrier immediately it will surely leave the snp coronavirus policy in shreds.

An MP can't be sacked. They can have the party whip removed, which means they are no longer a member of the party and this has already been done.
An MP can only be removed from parliament through a vote of the constituency or if they resign.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:22 pm 

jimbo wrote:

Sturgeon's called on her to resign.

But, as grandad alludes, I don't think she can really do any more - it's up to Ferrier.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:31 pm 

A lot of good folks are repeating the ‘one rule for them, one rule for the rest of us’ slogan.

However as the recent studies have shown that only 18% of people who should have isolated, actually do, I think it’s fair to say the politician is merely following what the people who voted for her are doing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:12 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:

says the arch mask denier! :lol:

Seriously though she got caught being a typical SNP politician and for that the witch finder general will not be able to forgive her.

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:26 am 

edders23 wrote:
jimbo wrote:

says the arch mask denier! :lol:

Seriously though she got caught being a typical SNP politician and for that the witch finder general will not be able to forgive her.

The “arch mask denier” as you would have it, wears a mask when the law requires it, but not being a sheeple, knows full well the futility of wearing one.

In the extremely unlikely event of you coming into close contact with a person who is contagious, do you seriously believe that wearing that scabby disposable face covering that you have had in your pocket for weeks will protect you? Really?

Or would you have us believe that you follow strict protocol, changing your mask several times a day, having thoroughly washed your hands, once carefully fitting it, never touching it to avoid cross contamination? Really? Following the “science” are we?

Where is the science behind the “six” why not five, or seven? Why fifteen at a wedding, but thirty at a funeral? Why 2 metres and not two yards? Why do you think masks are the answer, when you don’t even understand the question? But who does? But wear your mask if it makes you feel better, just don’t bludgeon me into wearing one.

Mind you, I must say I do feel safer in a real taxi with a separate passenger compartment than I would do in a saloon car.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:40 pm 

jimbo wrote:

Or would you have us believe that you follow strict protocol, changing your mask several times a day, having thoroughly washed your hands, once carefully fitting it, never touching it to avoid cross contamination? Really? Following the “science” are we?

Correction. There are no laws that say that anyone must wear a mask and change it several times a day. The law says a FACE COVERING. This could be a scarf, a bandana, a neckerchief or anything else that will cover the nose and mouth.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:08 pm 

grandad wrote:
jimbo wrote:

Correction. There are no laws that say that anyone must wear a mask and change it several times a day. The law says a FACE COVERING. This could be a scarf, a bandana, a neckerchief or anything else that will cover the nose and mouth.

Correction. I never said there were any laws that say any of the above. I just point out the futility of wearing them if they are not worn correctly, they are not the salvation that some would have you believe.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:25 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I think the Witchfinder generals new name for her "Margaret Covid" is quite appropriate!

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:52 pm 

I see this lady has blamed covid as having an effect on her decision making.

So is she now going to apologise to Dominic Cummings, who may have been similarly afflicted?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:12 pm 

I always thought that it was a criminal offence to knowingly risk spreading an reportable infectious disease.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:09 pm 

heathcote wrote:
I always thought that it was a criminal offence to knowingly risk spreading an reportable infectious disease.

It doesn't seem to be in the Haloween world of Scottish Politics.....It's a true horror story up here.