Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:40 pm 

Here we are, Scotland financially on it's hunkers as is the rest of the UK at present and just to add to our lack of dosh the SNP have decided we all have to spend our own money on new Bluetooth interlinked Smoke, Carbon Monoxide and heat alarms in every house In Scotland...Estimated Cost £225 Per 3 Bedroom home.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/fire-and-smoke-alarms-in-scottish-homes/

It wasnt that long since I replaced both my old Smoke alarm and bought a new Carbon Monoxide alarm...Both of which would wake the dead when they trigger.

But no, not Good enough for Herr Flick of the SNP, She waits until we are all Broke then makes it Illegal from next February not to have her New faddy toys fitted by then.

No State assisted contribution whatsover, Yes I know it's to aid safety but most of us already have these alarms in place even if they are not blue tooth connected.

You English are Lucky not have such a bunch of Ignorant A**holes in a Devolved Parliament who have nothing better to do than create and heap further financial hardship on top of financial Hardship.

The only good thing is this will further put voters off the SNP.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:26 pm 

More money than sense.

And precious little of either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:37 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
The only good thing is this will further put voters off the SNP.

No it won't because she will make sure the English take the blame for it! :wink:

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:53 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Here we are, Scotland financially on it's hunkers as is the rest of the UK at present and just to add to our lack of dosh the SNP have decided we all have to spend our own money on new Bluetooth interlinked Smoke, Carbon Monoxide and heat alarms in every house In Scotland...Estimated Cost £225 Per 3 Bedroom home.

As I thought, looks like this is being delayed by a year. Should be at least two years in my opinion.

But looks like it's developing into quite a political issue, with lots of publicity and questions being asked:

SNP housing minister Kevin Stewart said good publicity over fire alarm changes was 'imperative'

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/188 ... -campaign/

THE SNP Government promised parliament there would be a major publicity drive about new smoke and fire alarm rules that later caught people by “complete surprise”, The Herald can reveal.

But it's such an obvious clanger. I mean, every house in Scotland was required to have interlinked smoke and heat alarms costing hundreds before 31 January, and during the pandemic and social distancing etc, and the installation period would include the Christmas/New Year break?

And first people are hearing of it is when this leaflet is being delivered through letterboxes, and I don't think every household has even got the leaflet yet?

And the leaflet isn't from the Scottish Government, it's from a private business using the Scottish Government's logo.

When I first read it quickly, thought it was an official leaflet, but it isn't.

What a way to do things. But a few years ago the minister Kevin Stewart was head of a government committee scrutinising changes to the taxi legislation, which was a complete waste of time. Therefore you can guess my opinion of Mr Stewart [-(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:08 pm 

Seems that officials gave the private business permission to use the Scottish Government logo, but due to an 'error in due process', government ministers hadn't signed it off :roll:

The company has been asked to remove the logo. Don't know how that'll help - I'm guessing that most of Scotland has now been leafleted =D> ](*,)

Fire alarms Scotland: Aico asked to remove logo on leaflets after Holyrood blunder

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/f ... t-blunder/

A blunder by officials led to a company being given permission to use the Scottish Government’s official logo on controversial fire alarm leaflets.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:08 pm 

Anyway, the reason I don't trust the minister responsible (Kevin Stewart) is because of his handling of the Holyrood committee scrutinising the changes to the taxi legislation, which I won't go into now :-#

But regulars on here may recall that a couple of years ago he kicked up a stink about the lack of public consultation about Uber's application for a licence in Aberdeen.

Funny that, because they were just using the rules that had been in place for years, and that I don't think had even been mentioned when Mr Stewart chaired the Holyrood Committee.

Also, Kirsty Blackman MP, who is one of the SNP's leading lights in the House of Commons, was chair of Aberdeen's licensing committee for a year or two, and I can't recall her highlighting deficiencies in the application procedure back then :-$

So although I'm no big fan of Uber, that's just another example of different standards being applied to them as compared to the conventional trade [-X

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32302

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:58 am 

It helps when your son in law is a master electrician :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:45 am 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
skippy41 wrote:

would that extend to doing Bloodnock and Stuart a favour ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:56 pm 

edders23 wrote:
skippy41 wrote:

would that extend to doing Bloodnock and Stuart a favour ?

I'll buy the Lithium Battery ones....should come in at around £195.00

Thank you Nicola Sturgeon.......NOT !!!!