Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 46676
Location: 1066 Country
Should this have happened three weeks ago?

Are the boffins creating hysteria?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 22593
Location: A City near Birmingham
Sussex wrote:
Should this have happened three weeks ago?

Are the boffins creating hysteria?




yes

and no

half term could have been extended, but it is what it is


Quote:
The UK recorded another 21,915 confirmed coronavirus cases on Saturday, bringing the total since the pandemic began to 1,011,660.

Another 326 people were reported to have died within 28 days of a positive test.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 14903
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
I think it is too late instead of lock down they should have put more protection in place for the vulnerable 3 to 4 weeks ago and let the youngsters all catch it and get it out of their system

Now we have a blunt instrument of a lock down for 4 weeks which will kill off all the progress in rebuilding trade :sad: :sad: :sad:

I also predict that the UK will almost certainly hit 100000 deaths by spring :sad:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 46676
Location: 1066 Country
I've always been a fan of Boris and I think he came across well.

We will get through this mess, we just might be a bit skint at the end.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm
Posts: 2067
Sussex wrote:
I've always been a fan of Boris and I think he came across well.

We will get through this mess, we just might be a bit skint at the end.



Never been a fan, he is exactly the same as Corbyn will not accept he was wrong and say so.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 14903
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
I've always been a fan of Boris and I think he came across well.

We will get through this mess, we just might be a bit skint at the end.



Never been a fan, he is exactly the same as Corbyn will not accept he was wrong and say so.



I think he was more worried about upsetting the parties paymasters :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 8590
edders23 wrote:
I think it is too late instead of lock down they should have put more protection in place for the vulnerable 3 to 4 weeks ago and let the youngsters all catch it and get it out of their system

Now we have a blunt instrument of a lock down for 4 weeks which will kill off all the progress in rebuilding trade :sad: :sad: :sad:

I also predict that the UK will almost certainly hit 100000 deaths by spring :sad:


Let Nature take it's course just as it has always done for the last 4 Billion years, Covid 19 will pass just as Covids 1 thru 18 did before it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:06 pm
Posts: 22593
Location: A City near Birmingham
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:
I think it is too late instead of lock down they should have put more protection in place for the vulnerable 3 to 4 weeks ago and let the youngsters all catch it and get it out of their system

Now we have a blunt instrument of a lock down for 4 weeks which will kill off all the progress in rebuilding trade :sad: :sad: :sad:

I also predict that the UK will almost certainly hit 100000 deaths by spring :sad:


Let Nature take it's course just as it has always done for the last 4 Billion years, Covid 19 will pass just as Covids 1 thru 18 did before it.



not enough coffins in the world for that

_________________
Freedom is never free


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:23 pm
Posts: 4279
Location: Lincoln
Does anyone believe that lockdown v2 will end on the 2nd December?

Remembering the original lockdown was for three weeks.

_________________
Father of the rank.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 46676
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
Let Nature take it's course just as it has always done for the last 4 Billion years, Covid 19 will pass just as Covids 1 thru 18 did before it.

Very interesting recent studies into Sars (often called Sars 1) have shown that those that survived it still have an immunity to Sars 2 (covid 19), 17 years on.

Which is good news and looks promising for the long term immunity to Sars 2, despite what the doom mongers try to tell us.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 7:15 pm
Posts: 8590
wannabeeahack wrote:
bloodnock wrote:
edders23 wrote:
I think it is too late instead of lock down they should have put more protection in place for the vulnerable 3 to 4 weeks ago and let the youngsters all catch it and get it out of their system

Now we have a blunt instrument of a lock down for 4 weeks which will kill off all the progress in rebuilding trade :sad: :sad: :sad:

I also predict that the UK will almost certainly hit 100000 deaths by spring :sad:


Let Nature take it's course just as it has always done for the last 4 Billion years, Covid 19 will pass just as Covids 1 thru 18 did before it.



not enough coffins in the world for that


Covid isn't really killing that many, it's something like a 74000 to 1 Chance world wide of dying whilst having covid, and of those deaths it was usually some underlying problem that was the cause of death....and 74000 to 1 is well, well within the parameters of expected causes of death.

It's been blown out of all reasonables proportions and for whatever reason I don't know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:30 pm
Posts: 46676
Location: 1066 Country
Quote:
Covid isn't really killing that many,

15th biggest killer in the UK.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 5:33 am
Posts: 6596
Sussex wrote:
Which is good news and looks promising for the long term immunity to Sars 2, despite what the doom mongers try to tell us.

Think I read once that people get less colds as they get older because through life they build up immunity to all the strains of common cold? Think I've certainly been having less colds in the past few years.

And, of course, for a lot of people, Covid less problematic than the average winter cold :-o

Who knows, maybe I've had Covid but didn't realise, or I might catch it tomorrow and be dead within days :shock:

But as Peter Hitchens said earlier in the Mail on Sunday:

Quote:
"The oddest thing about the Panicdemic is that nobody would know it existed if the Government and its mouthpiece the BBC did not constantly seek to terrify us into a state of servile fear."

Indeed, there's an argument for saying that it's simply a bad version of the normal winter flu, and the vast majority would normally barely bat an eyelid, never mind destroy huge swathes of the economy and leave countless others to die from other causes, in a vain attempt to control Covid.

So there were more deaths last winter from the normal respiratory diseases because the previous year had seen less than usual. In effect, a lull in 2018-19 caused a Covid spike in 2019-20, which might have been caused anyway by more normal winter flu. And this year, deaths from respiratory diseases are just following the normal pattern (mathematically modelled in the 'Gompertz curve').

Don't @ me (as they say on Twitter) [-(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 14903
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
jimbo wrote:
Does anyone believe that lockdown v2 will end on the 2nd December?

Remembering the original lockdown was for three weeks.


No but the government has decided this is to be so not a lot we can do about it already had about 40 percent of tomorrows bookings cancel :sad:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lockdown Part 2
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:47 pm
Posts: 14903
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
PS Stuart Gompertz curve is an S shaped curve which describes anything which follows a slow-quick-slow pattern such as disease,mobile phone sales or mortality

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group