Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 16267
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55864442

Under Northern Ireland's Brexit deal all products should be exported from the EU to NI without checks or controls.

But the EU believed this could be used to circumvent export controls, with NI becoming a backdoor to the wider UK.

DUP leader Arlene Foster described the move as "an incredible act of hostility" by the EU.

selectively posted :wink:

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 48800
Location: 1066 Country
The EU are a shambles.

I wouldn't trust them one Euro.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 2258
Sussex wrote:
The EU are a shambles.

I wouldn't trust them one Euro.


The unelected are more bent and untrustworthy than the elected politicians.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Posts: 8877
heathcote wrote:
Sussex wrote:
The EU are a shambles.

I wouldn't trust them one Euro.


The unelected are more bent and untrustworthy than the elected politicians.


I can't argue with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 37016
Location: Wayneistan
Surely the people they should be getting p*ssy with are AstraZeneca who over promised and under delivered :roll:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18915
They have backtracked on the northern Ireland issue now.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 48800
Location: 1066 Country
captain cab wrote:
Surely the people they should be getting p*ssy with are AstraZeneca who over promised and under delivered :roll:

But the EU only said yes yesterday.

And it's not AZ's fault that Pfizer are also having problems.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:47 pm
Posts: 16267
Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Not being funny but producing the vaccines is not as simple as shoving material in one end of a machine and collecting it out of the other it is quite a tricky manufacturing process. Making demands that they meet the contract is ridiculous as I am certain all of the drug companies are trying their best

I would sooner wait another week than get a bad dose because they were rushing to meet a target! Governments have the scientific advice so should know better.

_________________
Taxis Are Public Transport too

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 18915
edders23 wrote:
Not being funny but producing the vaccines is not as simple as shoving material in one end of a machine and collecting it out of the other it is quite a tricky manufacturing process. Making demands that they meet the contract is ridiculous as I am certain all of the drug companies are trying their best

I would sooner wait another week than get a bad dose because they were rushing to meet a target! Governments have the scientific advice so should know better.

Absolutely.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group