Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Is she delusional ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:20 pm 

:-o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:56 pm 

Certainly another major nail in the independence coffin, but I'd hesitate to say she's killed it off totally, because in truth support for independence isn't that different now to the 45% Yes support back in 2014 :-o

And if we'd had a Holyrood or Westminster election tomorrow, she'd have wiped the floor with the opposition, if down on previous peaks.

But the next leader - presumably either Kate Forbes or Angus Roberston - will be a competent and solid enough politician, but simply won't have the clout or recognition factor that Nicola Sturgeon did, and unlikely to get anywhere near.

And favourite Kate Forbes is a member of a Christian fundamentalist church, which opposes abortion and the trans stuff (she's been on maternity leave during all the recent stuff, and it's said that she stayed on maternity leave longer than anticipated to avoid it all).

So Forbes likely to alienate a core part of the SNP/indy vote, and Robertson wouldn't set the heather alight.

But I doubt if either would fundamentally change support for independence per se, although how it will all chime with voters in the next Holyrood or Westminster election will be interesting to see. Doubt they'll get the same vote that Sturgeon would, even after all her recent travails.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:00 pm 

Quote:
Certainly another major nail in the independence coffin, but I'd hesitate to say she's killed it off totally, because in truth support for independence isn't that different now to the 45% Yes support back in 2014 :-o

But when one considers Brexit, which a significant number of Scots didn't want, and 13 years of a Tory UK government, which a significant number of Scots didn't want, surely that 45% should be significantly higher.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:02 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Here's hoping her replacement isn't another head case [-o<

mind you that said a sensible replacement might start winning elections again and we really don't want that

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:11 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Anyone see that coming?

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I said as much a week ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:18 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Quote:

But when one considers Brexit, which a significant number of Scots didn't want, and 13 years of a Tory UK government, which a significant number of Scots didn't want, surely that 45% should be significantly higher.

The Yes vote is less than it was in 2014......nothing will make NO voters vote for Indy, not Brexit, not the Tories nor anything else....Indeed Labour will start picking up those seats that it's core voters gave to the SNP to keep the Tories from winning more seats than they did.

In short the SNP have peaked and they'll never see such glory again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:21 am 

Oh well, this is hotting up :D

So the next first minister of Scotland is likely to be either Humza Yousaf or Kate Forbes, with the latter likely to tear the SNP apart with views like this...

And, more to the current point, she also thinks someone with a cock and two balls can't be a woman :-o

And as far as coalition partners the Scottish Greens are concerned, she might as well be Donald Trump with views like that :lol:

The alternative is Humza Yousaf, who's certainly a Nicola loyalist. And he fundamentally disagrees with Kate Forbes on the likes of the above, and will appeal to the dominant SNP wokerati.

But I don't think stuff like this will appeal to voters much back in the real world. He doesn't like white people in positions of power, especially with regard to the legal system :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ILRxTv0PH8

I'm getting the popcorn in :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:27 am 

The thought of an almost normal woman ruuning the SNP seems almost abnormal after 8 years of Holyrood dictatorship.

Another thing... I thought the Green party was an environmental policy based party and not a bunch of illiberal liberals that seek to impose their Heterophobic will on mankind whilst banning all things Homophobic or Transphobic under an Indy flag....just another bunch of pro indy loops in green tights.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:08 pm 

It's all going swimmingly :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:11 pm 

The SNP are slowly being sucked in to the political Blackhole that was created after Sturgeon imploded....once in it they'll be there for a very long time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:38 pm 

Well for anyone down south, it's all going belly up for the SNP :-o

Nicola Sturgeon's chief of staff/strategic adviser resigned earlier to spend more time with her pension pot.

The SNP's head of media resigned a few hours later implying that he'd been lied to over the party membership figures he'd been given to spin to the press :wink:

The Times reporting tonight that the party's chief executive will resign within days. Well, he's literally Mr Sturgeon, so hardly a huge surprise there :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:38 pm 

Meanwhile, the party's press mouthpiece thinks an anti-BBC story should be tomorrow's lead story :roll:

No, me neither :-s

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:41 pm 

Back on the streets, people like Amber won't feel safe in the party unless Humza is elected leader 8-[

Short clip here with Amber in it. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I gave up my TV :p

https://twitter.com/i/status/1636436748384256010

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:59 pm 

StuartW wrote:
It's stuff like this that makes me glad I gave up my TV :p

Tactical Voting?

Television?

Transvestitism?

Well it could be any - or it could be all!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:18 pm 

Definitely nothing to do with transvestism, Chris :-o

Anyway, that's Mr Sturgeon resigned as chief executive of the SNP in the past few hours :shock:

So Humza was supposed to be the 'continuity' candidate, and Sturgeon's anointed successor.

But most of the ancien régime have now gone:

• SNP leader Nicola Sturgeon
• Sturgeon's deputy first minister John Swinney
• Sturgeon's chief of staff Liz Lloyd
• Sturgeon's media chief Murray Foote
• Sturgeon's husband Peter Murrell, who was SNP chief executive

And, of course, leadership candidate Kate Forbes was put in charge of the economy by Sturgeon (effectively Scotland's chancellor of the exchequer), and she's busily trashing the record of her own government :badgrin:

Police Scotland's chief constable has also resigned in the past few weeks, and some are linking that to the fall of Sturgeon and ongoing police inquiries 8-[

So if Humza is the continuity candidate, what exactly is he continuing? The leadership election is so mired in controversy there's talk of legal action to stop the contest and start again.

Oh, my sides :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next