Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Is she delusional ?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:13 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-57544665

So the wicked witch has now decided we live in a separate country and she can ban people travelling to Manchester and Salford :lol:

I am wondering if in her head they had indyref2 she won and got independence :badgrin:

Will she be spending taxpayers money building border posts next ?

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post subject: Re: Is she delusional ?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:49 pm 

She is off her head.

Scots can't go to the Indian variant hot spot of Manchester, but 30,000 can travel by train to the Indian variant hotspot of London. #-o

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:29 pm 

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:13 am 

I get independence but I don’t get her wanting to join EU. That’s not independence?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:52 am 

mancityfan wrote:
I get independence but I don’t get her wanting to join EU. That’s not independence?

Around 40% of Scots voters voted to leave the EU and more than half of that 40% were pro indy types, they have decided the type of Independence which see's them rejoin the EU is not for them, that creates a big old problem for the SNP as this group of disenchanted pro indy+EU voter abstainers combined with the 53% scottish pro union supporters makes sturgeons Indy ambitions impossible.

Ironically, had Sturgeon dropped her EU groveling to rejoin the EU she might just gain enough votes to secure an indy win.

In short the EU is both her best friend and nemesis all at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:42 pm 

mancityfan wrote:

I also don't get to know how the Scots are going to fund their share of the UK's national debt.

Currently 2.21 trillion.

Scots represent about 8.2% of the UK population, which equates to them having to fund £181,000,000,000.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:06 am 

I think she expects to leave debt free with england picking up the tab for their independance

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:00 pm 

edders23 wrote:
I think she expects to leave debt free with england picking up the tab for their independance

She's not going to get to leave ever...polls are back at 2014 levels after the Brexit kneejerk has settled.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:21 pm 

So Supreme court has said no what are the odds she'll try and go ahead anyway ?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:49 pm 

Well she's said she'll respect the Supreme Court's decision and the 'rule of law', but will use the next General Election as a de facto referendum #-o

Yes, I'll start charging £100 for a two-mile run, and if the council pulls me up, I'll just say I use my spreadsheet as a de facto taximeter, but respect the rule of law etc :-s

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:28 pm 

edders23 wrote:
So Supreme court has said no what are the odds she'll try and go ahead anyway ?

She knew that this would be the result, and furthermore it’s the result she wanted.

The education system in Scotland is sinking fast, along with the nhs, and so on, and so forth, and all that she wants, is another baby, in the form of indyref2, and 3, and 4, until the dreamers get their way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:33 pm 

Yes, Jimbo, it's a way of stalling for time and kicking the issue into the long grass, and deflecting attention from the bread and butter issues.

For a start, bet she's gutted the Supreme Court delivered its judgment reasonably quickly. I think they were hoping for another few months at least :lol:

So we won't know the result of this de facto referendum until maybe 2025. Then she says it's all just about opening negotiations with the UK government about independence, even if the SNP get over 50% of the votes in the general election, or however they intend deciding that the de facto referendum has been won #-o

Which odds on they won't win anyway, in which case it would be back to square one. But even if the SNP did win, it would be a narrow win, and the UK Government will simply say it's no kind of mandate for anything, because it's, er, a general election, not a referendum.

So several years down the line and things will be no further forward, but Nicola and the SNP will still be in power, and enjoying all the trappings that brings.

Many Scottish nationalists - and indeed a growing number - hate her as much as the the Unionists, because they view it all as per the above, ie just a way of keeping all the SNP bigwigs and their entourage on the gravy train of huge salaries, expenses and pensions.

The smart money is on Nicola at some point jetting off for some kind of virtue signalling job at the UN or some kind of global environmental role as a semi-grown up version of wee Greta, or to tell the world how women make for better leaders, if only they weren't downtrodden like the poor, oppressed Nicola (who's in reality one of the most powerful national leaders in the Western world).

I suspect she'd be off by now, but maybe her job-hunting at COP27 etc isn't going as well as she hoped :-s

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:53 pm 

So now she has hinted that she would regard an SNP victory in Scotland in a general election as a mandate :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:10 pm 

Hinted, Edders?

She's been saying for months that if the Supreme Court didn't play ball she'd treat the next general election as a de facto referendum on independence :-o

(Google de facto referendum)

And she reiterated that yesterday, and I think they're having a special conference to discuss precisely how that will work, eg whether to include votes for the Greens, Alba etc as a Yes vote :-s

But, of course, it's all a bit of a nonsense, really, because obviously if Yes 'win' the next general election the UK Government will just say, er, it's a general election, not a referendum on independence, so the vote would be essentially meaningless.

But the likelihood is that they'd lose, in which case it's game over for Sturgeon.

But, as I said yesterday, it's more a stalling tactic, and also to keep the pot boiling with Westminster, and keep the troops on a war footing.

Which Nicola has been very skilled at for years now, but she's running out of luck, and this might just be the one that will bring the chickens home to roost.

Unless she's not got another job by that time anyway. Either way, that's the endgame for the foreseeable future - apart from everything else, the talent 'puddle' in the SNP means there's no one of the cailbre of Salmond or Sturgeon to take on the independence mantle.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:03 pm 

Quote:
(Google de facto referendum)

thank you but I did pass my latin O Level !

Picture this a general election in 2024 the SNP gets a majority of Scottish MP's and she is still leader and declares that Scotland is leaving the Union

Do we send in the military or let her try it and withdraw all Uk forces from their Scottish bases and impose economic sanctions and more to the point would enough governments around the world recognise her move as legitimate

A civil war would be unthinkable but it could happen if she goes ahead

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next